Sticking With It

You're on Page 15 of 26
Go to
  • Oh girl I'm good on the water drinking lol...that's all I drink. Example: Saturday was 134 oz lol. The exercise...well that's a different story
  • Hi everyone.......*bowing* to Queen Exquisitern.
    I think I'm out for this week's challenge, ds got strep throat last monday.....dh got strep on Friday.....and now my throat feels like a whack of sand paper. We'll see, hmm.... do ya think it could be strep? WWAAAAA... I've been wiping everything down with clorox wipes, but it might be too late.
  • Hpnotq: Wow, you all drowning me out with your water intake!! That's great!! I do good to get 8 glasses in, though I never was a big water drinker and this is doing great for me.
    Angel-eyes: Hope you get to feeling better. Having Strept throat sucks!!! Try and drink lots of fluids, sugar free popsicles are good too. Take care.

Good morning everyone else!!
  • Queen Exquisitern-I gotta drown you with my water drinking if I expect to get anywhere near you

Angel-Eyes-Get to feeling better quick. I bet if you call the dr they'll prescribe antibiotics without seeing you since ds and dh both had strep before you. I'm with queenie on lotsa fluids and sugar free popsicles

We get our truck back late tomorrow...a week later...finally! Other than that, no news on this front. I'm PMSing badly and my boss is about to take the brunt of it if he isn't careful. More details about that later.
  • Good evening ladies! Nothing much to update yall on...hope you've all had a fabulous day. Potato if you're lurking come back!!! We miss you!
  • Hi girls.....well my strep throat never really was just more than a red sore throat, so I never went to the dr. but ICE CREAM really really helps!! I've fallen off my chart for excercise and water, so who is in the running for QUEEN?? huh? huh? guess I just needed a bit of a break, having a tough week with dh away AGAIN!!!....and I'm missing ds alot. Good thing he comes home Saturday!!! 3 weeks is a long time to miss your 12 yo.

Potaeto, potaato....where are YOU???
  • Yay angel-eyes! Glad you didn't fully get strep. It stinks lol. I'm somewhat in the running for the crown, but I betcha Queen Exquisitern kicks my rear...she's a walking queen lol. Walked a mile with my boss and his boss today while we checked out our competitors...pretty brisk walk, so I guess I can count it. I'm off to wash my mom's car. Our truck has been in the shop for a week and we've been driving hers. I'm cleaning hers as a little thank you for letting us use it kinda thing. Still not much time to be able to update you on why it was in there, but maybe later tonight. I don't work tonight so that should help.

QUICK!!!! Send out the search party...I'm afraid Potato is lost!
  • Yes, Where or where is Ms. Potato? Is she missing in action? Had too much of a good time?!
    I had to weigh in early this week as I will be out of town on Thursday. I have to go to Nashville, TN for a conference.
    Good news! I lost 2.2 lbs this week!!! Woo-hoo!!
    I'm on a roll!!
    Hypnotq: I know you'll be glad to get your own vehicle back. That's a nice gesture to your mom for using her car!
    Angel eyes: Glad your feeling better! I know you'll be happy when that little one is back home.
    Talk to ya'll later
  • Well unfortunately, the shop called about our truck...we're going to get it back tomorrow instead GRRRR I'm so frustrated, but I just gotta remember I want the job done right. Basically what happend was a construction sign attacked our truck on a windy day. It hit the driver door and dented it, stuck a hole in the fog light, chipped paint on the bumper and hood, scratched the hood, cracked the windshield, scratched the door, scratched the roof and dented the side of the bed. So yeah...it was bad. It is covered under our comprehensive insurance, so we won't be paying a penny, but dangit they've had our truck for a week now and it's STILL not done. Had another nice little walk tonight. We ran out of syringes for our diabetic kitty, and I walked up to the pharmacy to pick some up. Have a great evening.

Queen Exquisitern: Have fun in Nashville. We went there for our honeymoon and had a blast.
  • These weeks fly over. Hopped on the scales today and am still only a 1lb down, i know its better than nothing but id hoped that id of bn at least 2 or 3, nevermind. ive still got just under a week to lose 6lbs which i think the way this is going is going to be impossible. my friend will probably win the challenge.. hmmm. .

What diets is everyone doing?. im open to try anything. at the minute im doing a 1250 calorie booster diet.
  • Tomorrow's the day...how's everyone doing?
  • Good Morning!

I had my WI last night. Down another 1.2 pounds! I stopped by to see some friends of mine and told them I had about 23 more pounds to lose and they both looked at me like I was nuts. She said, "if you lose too much weight you're going to start looking sick." I'm thinking, "ok ... I've NEVER had that problem before!" I'm going to get down to what my family doctor thinks I need to weigh and not worry about everybody else.

But she must not think too badly about it because she told me that she was joining WW next week when I go back. I guess maybe she wants to "look sick" too!
  • Good morning all!
    Linda and Emzi bops: Way to go!
    I'm with you Linda, I'd have to see me looking sick before I believe it. Keep up the work! 150 lbs doesn't sound too low to me.
    Hynotq: Sorry about the truck, sounds like that sign had it in for your baby. Hope you get it back soon. I think that's great you are taking care of your diabetic cat. My sister used to have one and she was a champ when it came to getting her daily injection. She just sat there. I had to put one of my babies to sleep. She was in severe renal failure and had lost a lot of weight. I talked it over with my vet and we decided that was best for her. She was getting in distress. The strange thing is she was only 3 years old, which is very young for a cat. I've had other that died with it, but they were much older, usually 14 or 15 years old.
    Emzi bops: I follow weight watchers and I love it. You don't want to go too low on your calories, because that can stall and slow your weight loss too. I know that sounds strange, but the body will think it is starving and go in starvation mode and try to maintain what it has. Also exercising and drinking plenty of water helps me.

Well, my stats for the week:
    Weight lost: 2lbs = $4.00
    Water intake: 56 8oz glasses = $28
    Exercise: 49 miles walked or 24.5 hours = $12.25
    Grand total= $44.25
    I think I'm going to have to adjust or I'm going to go broke. I've been keeping a total and I'm going to have to half what I'm an getting. Although when I get down, I do want to be able to go and get me new clothes. I can hardly wait!
  • Quote: Good morning all!
    Linda and Emzi bops: Way to go!
    I'm with you Linda, I'd have to see me looking sick before I believe it. Keep up the work! 150 lbs doesn't sound too low to me.
    Well, they say that because they don't know exactly what I weigh right now and I'm NOT telling either! At least not to them. I guess they think I am pretty close to goal weight now and they are thinking I'll be a bag of bones if I lost 23 more pounds. As if!!

It must be appealing to her because she is wanting to go to WW with me next week.

I noticed last night that my points have dropped by 2 now. Lawd, I hope I don't starve!
  • Exquisitern my dear...water money is 50 Cents for each 24-ounces of water drank

Here are my totals:
    Water: 24*.50=$12.00
    Walking: 2*$.25=.50
    Exercise: 12*$.25=$3.00
    Weight loss: 2*$2.00=4.00
    Grand Total: $19.50

Yesterday was a crappy day...alot of things went wrong yesterday all across the board....the biggest of which was that our water heater leaked last night. I about jumped up and down though this morning because I'm down another 2 lbs! WOOHOO!!!

Linda and Exquisitern: WAY TO GO!!! Congrats on your losses!

Potato: We're still waiting for you to come back....did you have too much fun and stay longer???