I fell off of the wagon.

• I fell off of the wagon for a very long time. Strangley enough, I havn't gained more than a pound! I havn't watched what I've been eating and I havn't exercised at all. I think I must've been blessed by an angel that I didn't gain 10 lbs, I've been off of the wagon for so long. This is good though, I'm motivated now to start again since I havn't gained a bunch of weight. After you fell off of the wagon, what motivated you to get back on? Did you gain alot of weight again?
  • I'm glad to hear you're climbing back on again. You didn't really say how long a time "a long time" was.

I gave up for about a year and regained 15 pounds last time I did that. Then I gained 5 more after I started exercising. I learned a lesson from that. The lesson (for me) being, I can't just ignore what I'm choosing to eat and pretend it will all be fine. I think that's called . . . denial!

Jay
  • I was off for about a month and a half.
  • Well, when I was 17 years old, I weighed about 350 pounds, and decided to go on the Atkin's diet. I lost about 40 pounds or so, and I just stopped, for whatever reason. It was the end of summer, I think, and I just stopped walking every night at the beach with my friends, like we had done every night. I gained all of that back, and have been at 350 pounds until December 12th, 2005. I had just gotten a job in a nursing home, and had to buy scrubs for work, and was devastated to see that NOTHING (top-wise) would fit me! I cried in the store, and left. I decided that something REALLY needed to be done. After all, I'm only 19 years old! So, I started up with the South Beach Diet that very next day, and started an exercise regimine about 2 weeks ago. I've lost 40 pounds (roughly) to date, and I'm not giving up. I'm going to be smaller...and frankly, I'll be HAPPY at 200 pounds, which is the goal I gave myself to reach by my 21st birthday. I've NEVER been a small girl. On top of being big boned, I'm also fat. It's partly due to genetics (Dad=400 pounds, Mom=fluctuates between 180-250 all my life), and partly to being lazy. I got TIRED of complaining about being fat, and doing nothing about it. I was tired of growing into this depression, and my boyfriend kept getting upset because I was depressed all the time. I know I can do this. We can all do this. We are strong, smart women! Let's get this thing!
  • ive been off since summer and have gained 9 plus pounds... but have lost 2-3 again. i just got sick of always saying later, tomorrow, etc and started again!
  • I never let my "fell off the wagon" episodes go for more than 4 or 5 days. I just had one, and the thing that gets me back on is that I've already accomplished SO much that I would never want to undo all of my hard work. It's a great motivation for me. I've probably gained and re-lost 30 or 40 pounds during my lapses. That's another kick in the behind. When I gain, I have to RE-LOSE. I have to lose the same pound TWICE. It's absolute madness. Gaining weight actually motivates me to get that weight off as fast as I can and it really gets me strictly back on track. But it's an awful way to do it.