November Exercise Challenge!!!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Okay, everyone, get your butts OFF your computer chairs and MOVE 'EM!!!

Let's have a great month racking up those exercising minutes!!

New people, feel free to jump right in! We all win here!
  • I'll start.

Nov 1st: 90 minute walk, 5 minute run
    Nov 2nd:
    Nov 3rd: 10 minutes on treadmill, including 6 minute straight run!
    Nov 4th:12 minutes on treadmill, including 8 minute straight run!!
    Nov 5th:
    Nov 6th:
  • I'm not sure how this works but I'll join ya...My goal for now is to exercise 3 days per week. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I'm trying to walk about 3 miles each time.

Nov 1st - 2.5 miles -- raining outside so I had to use exercise video
    Nov 2nd
    Nov 3rd - 15 minutes step workout
    Nov 4th
    Nov 5th
    Nov 6th - 2.5 miles around the track
  • Good morning ladies!

I started the month off right with 55 minutes of exercise this morning. 40 on the eliptical and 15 on the bike. Woo hoo!

1st: 55 minutes eliptical / bike
    2nd: 32 minutes - treadmill hills!
    4th: 40 minutes - 3.22 miles
    5th: 80 minutes - running outside
    7th: 45 minutes - running outside
    8th: 40 minutes - recumbent bike
    9th: 35 minutes - treadmill hills
    11th: 111 minutes - treadmill - 7 miles!
    14th: 45 minutes - treadmill
    15th: 60 minutes - bike / eliptical
    17th: 30 minutes - eliptical
    18th: 30 minutes - stair machine
    21st: 60 minutes - bike / eliptical
    22nd: 60 minutes - stair / bike
  • Good morning!

I hit the gym early this morning. I got there before they even opened at 5am! I don't know how that happened. I was only a couple minutes early, but usually I'm about 5 minutes late.

I did my scheduled 32 minutes of treadmill hills and then got my full upper and lower body weights in. I may bike ride at lunch if it is not too windy. It is going to be a wonderful fall day.
  • Okay - my October total was 1176 minutes of exercise!

I am not off to a good start for November - i have been sick the past few days and do not think I will be working out today either. So, look for a surge in exercise later this week when I am feeling better!
  • Hi guys!!

This is my first post, just joined today. I would like to join in with November's challenge. I started so far with 35 min walk from 5am to 5:35am then in the evening for 80 min. On Sunday's I will only do the 80 min evening walk.
  • Good going, girls, and welcome to Qirra&Djsmom!
  • Geesh! I barely squeaked out 15 minutes on my exercise video. It's only 30 minutes long and I was able to do the whole video 3 months ago. I can't believe how much endurance I've lost in 2 months with no exercise. I'll probably have to go walking later today.
  • Finally! I am posting with actual exercise!

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym today. I was going to lift weights, but, and this is such a cry-baby excuse, my arm hurts really bad where i got my flu shot yesterday! I did do 9 pushups though

I have to lift this weekend then. It is so easy for me to put that part of exercising off forever!

Hi WazzuGirl and Qirra&DJ's mom! It is good to see some new names! Not that I don't adore Ellis, and Melissa with her 2-hour runs
  • Hi everyone,

Just checking in for today: I didn't make my evening 80 minutes last night so I did 65 minutes instead of the usual 35 minutes this morning. Plan to make up the time I missed last night, tonight.

This is a great thread and great site. After I am more familiar with the tools I'll add the weight tracker to my responses, but for now:

SW 374 09/27/05
    356.5 10/04/05
    352 10/11/05
    349 10/18/05
    347 10/25/05
    CW 338.5 11/01/05
  • Good morning! Hello to all the new people. Glad you are feeling better FishWoman.

I ran 40 minutes this morning and did my upper/lower body strength training. Tomorrow I finally get to train with my running group again, we are scheduled for 80 minutes. I can't wait, because I really prefer running outside instead of the treadmill.
  • Me again, we ran 80 minutes for training today. It was good to get to go back out with my training group. I had lost my babysitter for a month or so. It did remind me though, that I am s-l-o-w! The "runners" took way off ahead of me and the "walkers" were way behind. I was in the middle by myself the whole time. But it was a nice day and a good run.
  • Good morning all! I was an exercising fiend this weekend.

Friday I did my 45 minute Crunch Pilates dvd.
    Saturday I ran outside. 4 miles in 55 minutes. I ended up taking a couple of walk breaks, but ran most of the way.
    Sunday I went mountain hiking with my sister and my niece. We hiked for 3 hours and 20 minutes. Covered about 7 or so miles of terrain. My glutes are quite sore this morning!

11/01 - nothing
    11/02 - nothing
    11/03 - 30 minutes - elliptical
    11/04 - 45 minutes - Crunch Pilates dvd
    11/05 - 55 minutes - running outside (4 miles)
    11/06 - 200 minutes - mountain hiking (about 7 miles)
  • That sounds excellent FishWoman! There is really no place to hike here, Illinois is very flat.

I did not want to get up this morning. So I just did my 45 minute run at lunchtime. Unfortunately, I missed my strength training. I will just have to do my best to catch up tomorrow.