Pre-Holiday Challenge Thread

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • hmmm... ok.. I guess I should get in on this. Have been trying to loose weight all year but lack serious motivation to keep going have been at the same weight since Jan 1 just loosing a few pounds here and there only to see them come back later. Last time I weighed in was at 205. It has been a week or so so I will update soon. Lets shoot for 25 pounds = 180.
  • My goal is to be at my goal weight and maintaining, without binge eating nor starving myself. Ohh how I long to be a normal person.
  • Man! This is a weird feeling. I havent been able to work out for like a week because I hurt myself one day working out...I actually took Tylenol and I RARELY take pain killers for anything! So, in an effort not to gain weight, I reduced my caloric intake dramatically. No, I'm not starving myself by any means, I'm just eating closer to the number I should eat if I am not working out or doing anything physical. But, it feels REALLY weird not to be working out. I look back at my journal (I keep track of EVERYTHING in there) and see the further reduced calories, but NO exercise!
  • How is everyone doing? Time to check in! Aunt flow is due next week, so I am carrying a little water weight. Ate horrible this week, so I am afrade to look at the scale. GO BLUE!
  • Let's see.. My goal is to continue my healthy eating plan(watching my portions) and workout..
    Hmmmm 13 weeks I think imma go for 153 ...
  • Woo Hoo...Go Blue. Anyways, okay I guess I'll update too. Well, since I first joined this challange on August 26th...let's see...I've lost 5 lbs...oh man, not good, only 5 lbs in 15 days! Okay, it isn't entirely my fault. My allergies were unbarable for like a week...during which time I did not exercise at all! Yesterday they started getting better, so I went to the gym and did weight training on my lower body, and today I'm going to do some cardio (go for a walk/jog/run/walk again...trying to keep the pace with Jobe on his bike) so hopefully that will help. Also, I too am expecting TOM in a few days (okay, 5 days), so I know some of it is water weight. Okay, enough excuses...time to get out there and work it!

Amanda
  • Amanda, 5lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Congrats.
  • Thanks Liz! I guess I'm just depressed thinking how good I could have done if I had been able to exercise. Maybe I'm setting my sights too high...demanding perfection on a continual basis. It's just so rare that I make any mistakes in what I eat, or how much, but for some reason (maybe all the different allergy meds) I've been getting really vicious food cravings lately...and often I have given in and eaten something I have no business eating (like Chuck E. Cheese pizza last night...I ate a whole personal pepperoni only to later discover that it was 1000 calories). To make matters worse, I haven't been able to do any cardio for over a week now due to my allergies (I can't breathe when I'm sitting, forget walking...let alone jogging). Then I started weight training and now I've gained! I understand the benefits of weight training and all, but it's hardly motivational to be busting your butt pumping iron at the gym, only to step on the scale and see the numbers go up! Ahh well, what's a girl to do?

Amanda
  • Amanda, 5 lbs in two weeks is BETTER than perfect! Remember how healthy weight loss is .5 - 2 lbs per week? If I can lose more than 1 lb/week I think it's amazing! You're doing great, just keep it up!
  • I am quite ashamed to say that since joining I have lost.. NOTHING! My scale keeps saying between 200 -205 lbs, although I have tried to stay in calories, and I do walk alot practicly every day (except today.. mom gave me a ride to work and, on my way home, my friend saw me walking and picked me up). SO this is the plan tomorrow.

Go to work tomorrow.. after work go for an interview for a job I pretty much have, since they need people and my friend who works there told them lots of good things about me (I used to work with her too, so thats in my favor). I will be working there, as a pizza cook, for $.25 more an hour, plus close Sat. nights at wendy's, since my manager, when I told her I might be putting in my 2 weeks, told me she refuses to let me quit and I have to work Sat. nights with her. SO I'm figuring if I can put in about 30 hours a week as a cook, plus do saturday night closes at Wendys (and believe it or not I can do this AND keep up with school.. I'm just special like that), which will net me more money, which leads to my visit AFTER the interview, seeing how much they would charge a poverty-stricken college student at Curves.

I know I know I could join at the YMCA for less probably, but the local Y is at least an hour walk, whereas Curves is right across the street from both the pizza place and Wendys, which makes it convenient for me to exercise before / after work. Plus I like corves. I was there for maybe a month my senior year in hs. and had a 5 lb loss without changing my diet. And I really need to do something, cuz what Im doin aint cuttin it!

Quite a long post and not all exactly on topic, I know... but there WAS a point! *G*
  • Quote: since my manager, when I told her I might be putting in my 2 weeks, told me she refuses to let me quit and I have to work Sat. nights with her
    ?? You know she can't FORCE you to work if you put in your two weeks notice in writing, right? Like, legally, if you quit your job, they can't make you stay at it. In fact, I don't think you're even legally required to give 2 weeks notice, it's just a courtesy.
  • Clippy - yes, I am aware of that. She was saying that because she loves me And she closes Sat. nights, and I am one of the few night people who actually WORK. She likes her crew that night. besides, Im paranoid that something will happen with this job (its happened to me before) so I want to stay on the payrole for a while.. just in case.
  • First off congrats to amandaholly for losing 5 pounds in 15 days. Don't say that's bad, there are a lot of us here who would love a loss of 5 pounds in even 3 weeks!

Since I posted I have been doing really well with my goals. I have lost 2 pounds since the 26th, but I have been working out a ton more than I had been before that. It seems like whenever I workout more I lose slower, maybe I should up my calories. We'll see how this week goes, then I may adjust! I feel like I am on my way though, I was down to 179.5 this morning, but I don't count it until it shows up on a Sunday. Almost at my first mini goal.

Good job everyone, keep going!!!
  • Thanks for the encouragement gals! I know a lot of people on here would love a 5 lb loss...I guess I really didn't think before I typed (sounds like somethin I warned y'all about a few times ) Heehee...I just love sticking my foot in my mouth. On that subject (yet off topic) today I took Jobe to the park and he went up to a woman playing with her kids and when she said "hi" and smiled at him he said "ewww...your teeth look gross". I was so mortified I wanted to curl up into a ball and die (can you say a quaker chewy moment). I appologized profusely, but I'm sure it really hurt her feelings (in Jobe's defense, her teeth were gross yellow/green...it was shocking in contrast to her nice clothing, young age, and otherwise great looks). Ughhh...sometimes I just want to tape his mouth shut though! He didn't mean anything by it...he's just too emotionally immature to really grasp why that type of statement is a social faux-paux (despite my many attempts to explain it on earlier occasions).

Okay, as of September 12th (although now it's after midnight) I weighed in at 180...so I'm down 6 lbs since the start of the challenge. So, that's 6 lbs in 18 days, which works out to be 0.3333.... of a lb a day. If I keep up at this rate consistantly then on Thanksgiving I will weigh approximately 156 lbs...3 lbs short of goal Okay, I need to step up my lazy butt!

Amanda
  • Well I am glad to say that I am right on track with a 4 lb weight loss so far. I have been slacking on the excercise lately and need to step that up otherwise staying on track is not going to happen. Keep up the good work everyone.

SJ