Walking

You're on Page 1 of 24
Go to
  • Would anyone like to join me in starting a walking group .I have decided I enjoy walking.We could compare how far we have walked and make weekly goals.
    Let me know if anyone would like to join me
  • Hi there... I will join you....

I have started walking my dogs everyday through my neighborhood which is 1 1/2 Miles....and has this one really great hill...

I walked it in 35 minutes this morning...
  • Angel
    I walked a little today on the tread mill it is to hot outside so maybe I will walk more when it cools down tonight for a while.
    I am going to try to walk at least 5 miles this week.
    I know that is not alot but it is managable.
    I am going to try to get my friend to go with me in the morning.
  • I'll join as well. My kids have been bugging me to go to the park. I can start by walking the mile jogging track there. I have not moved in years. Maybe we can keep each other inspirated.
  • I will join you
    I would like to join. I walk my two dogs every day and I try to go at lunch. I walk the dogs before work and in the evening. Sometimes on the weekend I will only walk once. Today my friend and I had a nice walk at lunch. I don't know how far we went but it was so nice down by the river. Look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Marie
  • We also have another thread going.It is the 30 day challenge.You two are welcome to join us if you would like.
    I have a park by my house that has a exercise trail too.Once in a while I go on it right now the bridge that goes over it under construction.
    Do you guys keep track of how far or long you walk.I just bought a pedometer so that I don't have to guess.
  • I began walking about a month ago.
    I walk 20-30 minutes 5x a week.........

Can I join too?
  • Sure you can.The more we have the better.
  • Welcome Spinsky....

I havent really walked today... it is raining here.... I just walked down the street and back with the pups... maybe it will let up alittle while later and I can try for tonight....

Hope everyone is doing well...
  • I haven't walked today but I have done areobics.
    I think that I am going to what until the end of the month to weigh myself.I have felt really good the last three days that I have been exercising and eating right.
  • Hi. I'm Lynn from MA. I started walking at the end of April. I started walking around my block, about .5 miles in 20 minutes. Within a couple of weeks was doing 1 mile in about the same time. Now, as long as the weather is cool in the a.m. I do 1.5 miles in about 25 minutes.(I'm 5.9inches..and walk rather fast) Then, in the evening I drive to my husbands work, and walk back. I'ts 2.5 miles. I do that between 45-55 minutes depending on lights etc. Since I've started walking (along with the Points system from WW I've lost 25.6 pounds) I hope to get my 10% next Wednesday which is also my birthday!!! I don't like exercise but don't see walking as that. I must have been a Ferengi in a past life...I have stuck with the walking for the profit....I find money every day!!!! Most I've found is 3dollars....least on any given day...2 cents...think someone is telling me something.
  • I plan on taking my nephew for a long walk in the morning.
    I would have liked to get more walking in this week than I did but at least I did some.I am going to try to go at least 2 miles tomorrow.
    Keep walking.
  • Hey Everyone... just wanted to touch base real quick... off to work... dance recitals have been this week so I have been real busy... they end tonight!!!!! While rehearsing last night in my down time I walked arund the autotorium.... i dont know how many miles or anything but I figured it was better than nothing....

Talk to you longer tomorrow....
  • Hi everyone. I really MEANT to start walkingthe other day. It has been sohot, I have not been able to drag myself out. Today ismy son's birthday, so I promised him that tomorrow we will get up early and go to the park as I just got home from work. I am thinking I need to tell my kids to beg and not give up until I take them. I am glad to see everyone else is doing good. I'll be back to give an update and see how everyone is doing.
  • I didn't get time to walk yesterday unless you count when I was working.I plan on really getting into it tomorow.I have the day off and I don't have to babysit.Hopefully it doesn't rain.