LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

You're on Page 11 of 66
Go to
    Morning Chicks.....

Well, I'm here, which means I didn't get kidnapped at the pool Actually the only one's at the pool was my family and this 'beauty & the beast' couple.

WOW mandy is gonna be a COD counselor? Maybe she will give us some real secrets........

Oh - My Harley is on E-Bay and I have two bids. The bids are only for half of what I want, but the guy told me that the bid really won't get HOT til the end, which is this weekend......Cross your fingers for me.

Later chicks...
  • Star - hang in there. I never bid on ANYTHING on ebay before the last 24 hours - personally it's because if I bid sooner and then get outbid, I either get depressed or end up spending too much money!!

Fiona
  • Thanks BKS - I know you understand the E-Bay method. I'm anxious, and don't really think it will sell on E-Bay. If I don't get what I want, I will just keep it til next February and then try again.
  • Marisa - What is Esnipe? From someone who is E-Bay challenged....lol
  • Hi everyone!
    Wow, I didn't know there was a LAWL forum out there until a couple days ago and I'm so happy to have found it! I think I'm going to join next week and this will be really helpful. A friend lost about 50 lbs on LAWL and that has motivated me to finally do something about my weight (again, b/c I've been down this road before).

A quick question. When I sign up for the program, how is my goal weight determined? Is it up to me and how much I want to lose, or will they tell me my 'ideal' weight for my height or something and make me pay for losing that amount? I ask because I have a lot to lose and can't afford to pay for losing it all now.

Thanks everyone!

Lynn
  • This was posted on another thread about to do or not to do the LA Lites. Thought it was worth bringing over here, just for our information......Hum? Too bad I'm addicted to the Double Chocolate ones!

"I wouldn't worry about the bars. I read an article recently by a former LAWL counselor, and she said that in her experience, those that did not use the bars actually did better on the plan, but they were required to push them because it was a major source of revenue."
  • It doesn't pay to be away from this forum because it takes so long to catch up! I was only "gone" a day and spent a long time reading the posts.

I was so sorry to hear the outcome and the close of the SB Saga. Now someone else will have to come along and sweep Ruby off her feet so we can continue "daytime drama"

Mandy ~ How exciting! On a Yahoo group we were discussing how much fun it would be to work at LAWL and help others on their journey. I imagine you will be an excellent counselor. Do you have to work full time, or do they have part-time positions? Good luck! I know we have really had quite a turnover at my center. There is only one counselor and the Assistant Manager there who were there when I started June 1st. Even the Manager is different.

LadyIzzy ~ I use the LA Slim Downs from time to time when I don't want anything too heavy. They replace a protein and a starch, so if you are using them for a meal you still have to eat fruit or veggies. If I am home, I prefer to make a smoothie by blending 1 serving fruit, 1 serving milk (dairy), 1 packet artificial sweetner (condiment), and 1/2 serving silken tofu (protein). You can't taste the tofu at all! This is the first time I had ever tried tofu because I always thought it would just be nasty, but it isn't. I am not much of a breakfast eater, so I make one of these and add a piece of toast with diet margarine and I am set for breakfast. The same counselor that gave me the smoothie recipe gave me this idea: Fix one packet of the pudding and pour it into ice cube tray and insert a toothpick into each one. You can munch on them all day because it is one serving. You can use a popsicle mold if you'd like, but you have "more" if you do the tray.

Rusty ~ You better behave yourself at your new job! We don't want you getting into trouble on our account!

Haylo ~ did you use a blender for the float? That sounds good! I keep intending to make the Creamsicle that is in the cookbook!

Julie ~ I saw on Debbie Macomber's web site that she was going to be at the conference in Reno. How exciting that you got to go! I've just read "The Shop on Blossom Street" and am currently working on a RED Baby Blocks (the pattern at the beginning of the book). I got both of the knitting books from Amazon and am anxious to start another blanket when I finish this one. I'm about halfway done. I have a ton of yarn in my craft room and I am terrible about starting but never finishing a project, so I'm not allowing myself to work on anything else until I finish this blanket.

912go ~ Way to go! 4 pound loss is great!
  • Lynn - Welcome aboard ... For the life of me I cannot remember ... I orginally paid for the program back in 2000, I just recently pulled out my plan again and I am trying this on my own this time... Good luck with your decision, I just wanted to say "WELCOME"
  • Lynn-I think you can sign up to lose any amount you want, even if it doesn't get you to your goal weight. I think they were running a 12 week special or something for around $200, but maybe someone else has more info on that. I'm sure they will try to pressure you to sign up for the full amount of weight you'd like to lose overall and offer you their credit card option, but if you can't afford it stick to your guns and only sign up with what you are comfortable paying.
  • Good morning chicks!

Today is my DF's birthday - so out to lunch again. Already my calendar is beginning to fill, but I've kept it to one a week so far. . .

Star, sorry no more NSV at the pool yesterday, but keep on going, and it will happen. .
    Did you put a reserve price (I think that's what it's called) on the Harley? Otherwise, don't you have to sell it for whatever the high bid is? Also, I agree with Fi - I've used bid slammer in the past, just because I was tired of getting outbid in the last 10 minutes.

Hi Mandy, and WOW - our own COD counselor -- will you give away your secret weapon - US?

Bre- have not done the slim down shakes, myself, but think others have? Maybe Jen? Not sure if they are magic after TO, except maybe they are lower calories -- I wish someone would explain WHY instead of just stating it as fact.

Hey Karen/RWF - we can get back on the wagon together!

Hi Holly - not sure if you can make your goal by Thanksgiving(everyone loses weight differently) - -but if you stay POP (perfect on plan) you will definately get closer to it! Birthdays and family events are the toughest for me, too - love cake and icecream. BTW, how tall are you?

Haylo - WTG on the inches!

I guess Sy couldn't get online this morning?

Hugs and skinny vibes to all. .
    Julie
  • I use bidslammer - it does the same thing - puts in your bid at the last 10 secs or so.
  • Marisa - Thanks for the Esnipe info - I'll learn something everyday about this E-Bay bidding stuff....I guess I should, since my baby is setting in the Quick Drop Store...boo-hoo...

Julie - I have what is called a "Reserve" set in place.....
  • Quote: <snip> A quick question. When I sign up for the program, how is my goal weight determined? Is it up to me and how much I want to lose, or will they tell me my 'ideal' weight for my height or something and make me pay for losing that amount? I ask because I have a lot to lose and can't afford to pay for losing it all now.

Thanks everyone!

Lynn
    When I signed up in June I was the one who determined how much I wanted to lose. I contracted for 105 pounds. I hope to lose more than that in the 52 weeks I purchased.

This week's special at my center is $79 for a YEAR of maintenance. What a deal!! It just proves that you don't have to purchase everything up front.
  • Regina, I got The Shop On Blossom Street at the conference, and read it last night. Thought it was really good - and I was thinking of trying the baby blanket pattern,too -- may make it longer into a wrap? Just thinking here. . .Have you read the sequel? A Good Yarn? I've got that too,and thought I may start it in a couple of days.

When I signed up, I determined my goal weight, and then we figured out how many pounds, etc.. .I suspect that if I didn't know, they'd have given me suggestions.
  • Okay...I am surfacing again.

I agree with others...it is HARD to catch up in here!

Julie..welcome back! Can I get on that band wagon too? I took a 2 week "vacation" break from LAWL due to crazy work schedule, my kitchen remodel, and a bad tooth....and I am hating it! My motivation to be OP is nil.

So, I have decided to check in here at least once per day, force myself to get out and walk at night, and get back OP (before I go back to the COD!). Now I just have to do some super-planning for the lack of my kitchen! Another week+ and it should be done!

Question.....I noticed the comments about having one of the proteins for breakfast. What are some of the things y'all have been having? I noticed someone said eggs, but my plan says 3 eggs up to 2x's per week. My other "test" I think I will do is to add the Lunas to my plan covertly.....that D#@n chocolate stash at work screams out my name!!

Have a great Thursday all!