We're Doing Plenty, on Core Board Twenty! (#20)

You're on Page 8 of 20
Go to
  • Linda, why don't you add my other favorite mantra......I believe in myself!
  • Kathy, can't wait to hear about your berry picking event!
  • WELCOME BACK LadyDreamer.....good to 'see' you.....glad the A/C is back on..too darn hot not to have it....fans are good in the interum though.....
    Glad you had good results with your Core week.....let us know how things are going this week too....I need all the motivation I can get.....
  • Vickie maybe because I just don't believe in myself right now....I have failed the last several weeks which is now months.........staying the same, staying the same etc, etc, and now this!!! I-yia-yia!!!!!!!!!!! I will NOT give up! I just won't.
  • Well....I will NOT give up is a good mantra too!
  • Hey Girls - thanks for the welcome.

I did do a brief profile.....but here's a little more....

I am in my 40's have two DDs; one is almost 18 and just graduated HS and the other is 15 1/2 and going to be a sophomore. I work full time as a college recruiter but have from 6/17 - 8/14 off so am counting the days until I am done. I have been a WW member off and on since putting on that 15 lbs of contentment after getting married back in '81 that was when you had to have liver once a week ......I got serious about it after having DD#2. That was the selection plan; 3 breads, 2 fats, unlimited veggies. I keep playing with the same 10 lbs. I did do lc for a couple of years and recently decided to get back to WW as I was missing my grains....now with being able to have ww pasta and brown rice AND bread IF I want it, I think this will be the happy medium I have been looking for.

I will hope to stop by daily....to get support and be supportive.
  • my new mantra is: If it is to be, it is up to me. So, I am taking myself in hand and staying away from the chocolate, the more I have the more I want and it is not even my favorite thing to eat. So I am banning it from my diet.
    Vivian
  • Good golly! Where to start???

With FROUF! Congrats, girl! That is awesome success right there! One steady pound a week will get you to goal with no trouble -- and it's nice to see that someone can set a deadline, stick pretty much to the plan, and meet it! Keep it up!

Vickie, after Judd had a Saturday of slacking off big-time, he's back from the dead and ready to get started on the garage. Rain was forecast for that area so since it's 2 hours away, I didn't want to drive over there only to be rained out. I'll have to put it off but next Friday is our off day at work and I'm thinking about that. I can't wait though! I'd better clean out the freezer because when I do go, I'm planning on taking a cooler and making it worth the trip. There's nothing better than fresh (even frozen) berries, is there?

Cindy, welcome! And welcome back, LadyDreamer! I added in your weigh-in day. We welcome new members like they're long-lost sisters -- so please stay around and join in the conversations. It won't take but a little bit until you feel right at home. And feel free to use the rolling pin if you think one of us getting out of line!!!

Well, I am amazed at the number of people who aren't Rotel fanatics. I guess that's what I get for being born and raised in Texas -- it's made in San Antonio and is an absolute staple here. I'm surprised that moms don't put it in baby bottles ... we literally grew up on it, but there used to be just one variety: whole tomatoes that we had to smoosh up for recipes. When they came out with the diced version, I thought I had hit the lottery! Here's what you're missing out on!

• I forgot something! Yowsers, I made that pistachio/pineapple lush this morning and licked the spoon! I could seriously eat a lot of this stuff!! I put it in four containers though, and dutifully stacked it right beside my four soup containers. It's all ready to go to work with me each day.
  • Yep I was one who never heard of Rotel, I thought it was pasta of some sort...what the heck did I know....
    Kathy do you know if Rotel is sold elsewhere besides your area?? Frank is such a "the hotter and spicier the better" I showed him the picture and he said, Oh I want a can of that and a can of that and a can of that.....so any suggestions???? You aren't coming to S.Florida any time soon are ya?????
    Maybe they have a website??? I'll check....
    And by the way..........how do you all put a thumb print picture up????

Just checked...www.rotel.com no website

Frank is in the background saying tell Kathy I'll mail her a check if she could only UPS it to me....he's too funny.....now you got him going Kath
    I'll check Super Walmarts...
  • Now Linda -- do you think I stacked up 6 cans and took that picture myself?? Nooooo! Here's the website:

http://www.texmex.net/Rotel/main.htm

But I'll be happy to send you some! Just PM me with your address. And hey this stuff is like 60 cents a can, so I would just tear up your check if you dared to insult me by sending one!!

Your Frank is my kind of guy!!
  • I don't have a super Walmart but I saw them at the regular Walmart. I'm gonna go check the website to see if they have any without seeds. My Sister is looking for canned tomatoes without seeds for my BIL.
  • I found Rotel at my regular discount grocery store. I think it's pretty common. I found them in the "mexican" food area - where they keep the garbanzo beans, refried beans, taco shells, enchilada sauce, etc.

I called the doctor on call this morning, and she said as long as Annika didn't show signs of concussion (she didn't) that it should be OK. She said she probably broke a pretty sizeable blood vessel when she hit, to make that much bruising. We can ice it to help the swelling go down, although this many days afterwards, it probably won't do too much good. She also suggested warm compresses to help the blood draw back into the body. The bump will probably hang around a few more days, and the bruising could be there for a few weeks. So it sounds like I should treat it like any run-of-the-mill goose egg on the head, which makes me feel better. I'm very familiar with those, as I come from a family with 5 extremely active children. We were always getting black eyes or stitches. I swear, the people in the emergency room must have been keeping a very close eye on my parents! She's starting to get bruising underneath her eye now. I expect by tomorrow to have a complete "raccoon" on my hands.

I think I'm going to try taking a nap this afternoon, if dh is willing to sit with the kids for a while. I'm tired and I have a headache, and I really want to beat this cold into submission.

Welcome newbies, and I agree, you've come to a great place for Core information and support. These ladies are great!

Angela
  • Angela, I'm sure you feel a little better after talking to the doctor. Have a good nap!

Our Rotel, if anyone doesn't find it in the Mexican section, is with the other diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. I've had to send it to friends from my other board from time to time -- seems that in some parts of Minnesota, they look at you crazy if you ask for tomatoes with green chilies in it. I'm sure they have things there that I've never heard of though.

I'm feeling nervous, so I just took a bath and washed/dried my hair, and am about to go sit in my jammies on the couch. The Rangers just won (finally), and it's still a good 5 hours before the Spurs game starts, so maybe I can squeeze in a movie. I told DH that the flowerbeds would have to clean themselves or wait. I'm shaky and skittish and feel a bit nauseated, sort of like my blood sugar is out of whack or something. I doubt it, since I have no history of it, and they watch that closely since my sister was diabetic and my mom is (plus the majority of my aunts and uncles). Anyway, I'm sure it'll pass.

And my poor little DD has a UTI. Ordinarily not a problem, but dang it, she has no medical coverage and it looks like she's going to have to go in for a Rx. That'll cost a freakin' arm and leg. She decided not to go back to college this year and since she just turned 19, all insurance that her dad carried was cancelled. She works at Tom Thumb (a grocery store) and although she works nearly 40 hours, she's considered part-time and not eligible for benefits. I told her to take some Uristat for the time being, drink a ton of water and cranberry juice whether she likes it or not, and we'll see what happens tomorrow. She went to work at 11:00 this morning and is still there, so she must be dealing with it. How horrible to be on your feet all day though, chained to a register, and not be able to go pee when you think you need to! Poor baby! She had this in the fall and got some Rx's, so maybe she has some in her room that she can take. We also had a trip to the ER because of 105º fever a week later, and she had a kidney stone (which was probably causing the infection). Anyway, I hope she's better soon because I hate worrying about sick kids who can't call in sick.
  • Hey all! Back from an afternoon at the public pool. Here's a question for you. My DS has complained the last three times that after we come home from the pool his "weiner" hurts whether he's peeing or not. After a while it seems to go away, but I'm afraid he won't want to go swimming if this keeps happening. Ever heard of anything like that? Tried looking on the internet, but can only find UTI's and prostate problems. Don't think it's either of those.

Welcome Newbies

Lisa