The Zen of Cowness and the Nothingness of Moo

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Wow, I woke up with the worst headache this morning. I can only assume that it's due to the ONE beer I had last night. Now, that's not even fair. One beer could be considered beneficial to a person; it should most certainly not cause pain. It just ain't right. Anyway, I have discovered that a cup of coffee, half a bagel with peanut butter and some orange juice, along with a couple Tylenol, do a good job to eradicate this wholly undeserved penance.

I really have nothing at all to say and as there's nobody here to say it to, I guess I will cease babbling and do something else.

Tata
    Kiwi
  • Yay Painty! I'm so glad you got good news!
  • keewonkers====i have been known to be under the weather for half the next day in order to pay for TWO glasses of wine---indeed this is a travesty and we should report this to the higher power {or does the higher power want us to STOP drinking} let's just let it slide for now---if i drink amaretto or baily's i never get a headache---just a queasy stomach!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE HAVING A HEAT WAVE!!!! IT'S EFFIN 15 DEGREES HERE ALL DAY LONG IN THE FOG--------------THIS IS NOT WHAT I CALL SUMMER!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEE---------------------hi cherry-----and NO FAIR PEACHERS WEIGHING IN THE ONE THIRTIES----SOMEONE SEND HER SOME CHICKEN BONES!!!!
  • I weighED in the 130s. Leave me alone.

Here is the excitement on the homefront. DS has dug in heels and won't join church with me. I get that he is of a liberal persuasion and the conservative things he hears at church don't sound right to him. So I convinced him to go talk one-on-one with the minister. It should be very interesting. The minister, of course, is educated and can "prove" his beliefs with Bible verses. Ds is very analytical and won't be herded into any belief.

My opinion is that DS makes me proud by thinking for himself BUT there's a more mature way to approach this than he's ready for. A person's belief on any issue or set of issues does not make them worth or unworthy. I hope the minister can show him that.

I am thinking of canceling my medical thingie.
  • Cowie, Bovine Beauty, you. I am feeling good and FEISTY.
    PLEASE do not let down your DS by canceling your medical thingie. You know you were worried. Get some info. Get some rationality. Ask the religious people to ALL pray for you TOO.... but there's that whole G*d helps those who help themselves... right?

I really tried to avoid telling my kids what to believe. I told 'em what I believe and sometimes asked them to come to church just because I wanted their company... but not because I "needed" them to look good, be good, behave, etc. And now, they are always still willing to do that when they're home, they've grown into ethical, moral adults... which is more than I can say for an awful lot of church goers... at least around here.

I hope that Arlene isn't blowing your socks off.

I'd be glad to be at two-thirty-something let alone ONE-thirty something. It's probably the barometric pressure that changed the scale.

Hugs.
  • God also helps those who don't help themselves.

Painty, on a more pragmatic level, I look at the people who have stayed in church their whole lives and I see people who have had enviable lives. That's what I want for DS. I see people who care about each other (others in the church) and who stay married and who have things to do and purpose for living.

There are also people who have ethical, moral problems but that doesn't turn me off. There are fewer of them .. they're just more noticable ... and it is MY job, as a Christian, not to judge them.

I'll call the hospital today and find out what this thing will cost.
  • ok I'm going through with it.
  • Question: Do the doctors who read x-rays charge more or less than the hospital that makes the x-ray?
  • Next question: Why isn't anyone else posting?
  • OK, I am taking possession of the thread. Squatters rights.

Question: After this procedure, will I be ok to drive or must I take DS along?
  • Depends. does the "procedure" require any anesthesia or sedative?
  • Welcome to my thread, Wabby. I called. They said I can drive but promised to make me miserable. "I'm not gonna lie to you. It's the toughest test we do," he said.
  • This is the kind of kitty I have.

fast kitties
  • Gosh
    Those are some tough questions, Oh Gorgeously Skinny Thread Owner. I have no idea what's cheaper. I suppose the hospital could tell you. And make ds go with your for moral support and in case you feel queasy or something afterwards.

Sled cats! Wow!!

So glad you're up and running again, Painty!! See? Piece of cake. You're going to beat this with one hand tied behind your back.

I am still fat. And whiney. Can you believe it? The strawberries were fabulous. I ate tons and didn't gain an ounce.
  • Oh, Cowie... tell 'em to fix you first and you'll pay later... Or they can HELP you pay.... Money is only a score card, right? But health is all we really have to work with... (well, brain cells too... and you've clearly got good ones of those...).

I think you should kick your doctor (where it counts) and say that it's just your response to his overly generalized (pessimistic) test.... WHAT are they going to do? Morbid, but loving, minds want to know.

I LOVE THE SLED CAT MUSIC. I am trying to get my cat to watch the clip, but she is acting like a Feline Cuisinart where I'm the potential coleslaw.

Do any of you know anything about PDF files? I have a great newsletter to post onto my website, but the darn thing loses it's "cute" illustrations when I try to convert it to PDF. I've been working on it 3 hours.

AND I'm not pleased that Michael Jackson got off.... so to speak. Too much smoke (in my opinion) for there to have been NO fire.