New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!!

You're on Page 7 of 26
Go to
  • days 17 & 18 are under me now. Didn't do too good with the food yesterday, but still stayed OP.

Day 19 should be a breeze because I have to unload and move into my apartment and entire van full of stuff....so lots of exercise!
  • wanting sleep...........
    dakota -- great going! You are going to be the first around the 21 days, it seems. I'm sure it hasn't been easy though.

Well, it's morning here. I am struggling to get to the gym before work. Couldn't sleep last night. Probably ate too much spicy chili before bed. Ugh. Hate that, not being able to sleep and then have exercise planned early. Oh well, once I get going I should wake up. It's the feeling after the exercise I want to give myself! Yeah!

Others!? Come on in!!
  • Hello everyone. I am back and will be doing my WATP 4 mile today. It is so hot and humid here so I won't be exercising until about 10 tonight. I am not feeling too well today, but I will push through. When I finish my walk later tonight, I will post again. Hang in there everyone!

Sub
  • Hi, Sub! Glad to see you again? Hope you're feeling better.
  • Day one for me again.....way to much alcohal this weekend. Ok. Let's remind myself of the goal

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    2. WATP four days a week
    3. Alternate days go to Curves
    4. NO alcohal
    5. Take vitamins

I will do this! or get healthy trying.

Have a great Monday all.
  • Day 2
    I'm on day two, I've already finished my work out. I should really start exercising in the morning more often, I gets me all energized. Good luck everyone!
  • starting my Day 4 here...........
    Good morning, all. I completed a successful Day 3 yesterday and am now starting out on Day 4. If I make it through today, it'll be the furthest I've come on the challenge. Yes, I can do it! Going for 5!!

Trixi -- goodness, you sound like me! Nights out on the town certainly aren't good for the challenge. By the way, just for the sake of people looking to join up, remember, the 21-day challenge is a countdown (up) thing, not a challenge for any specific 3 weeks. So, it's supposed to be about making new habits, so you do the SAME thing every day for 21 days. You do want you want though. I just wanted to explain the basic idea for others who may be wondering. Well, Trix, you hang in there. Look at me. I've started over many, many times. Love your attitude. Yes, we WILL get healthy trying because the messed up days still came on top of good ones. Good luck!
    Testament -- great going!! Good for you for getting the exercise out of the way early. It is so hard getting started but afterward you feel great, maybe tired, but the sense of accomplishment and the relief knowing you have put in your effort for the day is so good, isn't it? Keep it up!

Sub -- How are you doing? Did you get your walk in late last night? Remember, walking is good for you anytime, even if you're feeling a bit under the weather. Keep going. You are doing so well.
  • Words of Encouragement
    Hello all, did my WATP 4 mile tape this morning. Yesterday, I had a severe migraine so I went to bed early. Today, was day 13 of my challenge. I'm hanging in there, if only by a thread. I will post again tomorrow. Hope things are going well for everyone.

Sub

Red-- Congratulations on making it to day 4 I knew that you could do it. If you want to avoid temptation with your co-workers tell them that you are on a 21 day challenge and you are trying to avoid the whole bar/drinking scene. Why not challenge them to do something that doesn't involve drinking-- perhaps for 21 days

Testament-- Keep on going and you will see results, you are already feeling the energizing power of a good workout!

Trixi-- If at first you don't succeed try, try, again. You will get there because you are establishing good habits. I am glad that you are going back to day 1 instead of throwing in the towel -- this shows serious comittment on your part! You can do it

Dakota-- You should be really proud of yourself You must tell us how you feel about coming so close to ( I know you will finish) completing this challenge.

Curly-- Sorry that you a feeling a little down...this challenge is a good way to cheer yourself up I have been using it to deal with the anger that I've been feeling lately...it does help.
  • wrapping up Day 4.........
    Well, I'm wrapping up Day 4 here. Think I' ll get through it okay. Am bushed and heading for bed soon.

Sub -- Hi there! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am happy to say today was a good day too. As for my co-workers, they are all guys and all big drinkers and I wouldn't dare tell them I didn't want to go drinking because I was on a challenge because that would give them ample reason for a challenge of their own, namely, to get me to go drinking! No, better I slink off with a mumbled excuse about having to work or get up early the next day. Actually, the temptation is all on my part, not theirs. I love to go out drinking! But, I also want to change my body. I am tired of the recent me, the same me for years now, with the new high for over a year now. So, I'm trying to just get some more of this fat off. Well, I hope you're still going strong. I hear you on the anger. I used to throw myself into the weight training for that. Anger usually makes me eat though. Glad you are using the challenge to help you. Makes me feel good for starting the thread up.
  • gonna back it five!!!
    Hey people. I'm starting Day 5 here! Hurrah! Made it this far. Scale is not moving (either way, yeah!) but my belly is looking really gross.......which is a good thing.....cause it means I am losing fat and the skin is hanging. But, psychologically, it's a real hard thing to get past, because it looks awful, worse than not losing the fat...like a baggy elephant. Oh well, I am resolved to this challenge. Wow, if five days can make a difference, think what 21 could do?!
  • I'm In!!
    Hey all!!!! All my fellow Canadian's seem to have abandoned me in my Canada addicted to chocolate thread, so Im coming to you guys for support!!!! I like the 100 sit ups a day, and I am going to be a copy cat and have that for my 21 day goal. Starting tonight.
  • Hi jelly! Welcome and good luck. Forget about those deserting Canadians. Probably went looking for some chocolate!
  • Hello
    Hey all, I just wrapped up my 4 mile walk...didn't wait till 10 o'clock. This also makes a wrap for day 14 Hopefully, by next Tuesday, I will be at day 21. Hang in there guys.

Sub

Red-- You are really on a roll. Your coworkers sound like hillarious people. Don't feel bad about the scale. It took almost a month for it to start moving again for me. As long as you aren't getting bigger, no harm, no foul.

jellybeanz-- Welcome, we have the same starting weight and goal weight. Glad you are on board!

Everyone else-- Where are you?
  • Day 20 went well....but day 21 I'm not sure if I should count. I did walk some, but no major workout. And now I can't because the asthma flared up to the point of having sitting be a challenge.

What do y'all think?
  • a shaky day....still not over.....
    Hi guys, my Day 5 is not over yet and it's been a bad one. The challenge is still good but I am in danger. Too many unpleasant things, work, no money, tax office, all that stuff. But, I have been OK with the eating and I did get to the gym and do weights, no cardio, but I walked 50 mins home so it has not been a day of sloth. Lots of rain here, but I walked nonetheless. I'm good so far......let's hope I can hold on and make it six!

Sub -- for you. You got your walk out of the way early, huh? Great stuff. I'm very proud of you! You hang in there with me too. You only have a week left. Go for it! Yeah, you're right about the scale. And no foul! I like that. Yes, by the way, my coworkers are hilarious......to the point of driving me to drink!

dakota -- wow! Are you really there?!?! Yes. I think you are. You walked, right? That's a workout of sorts. And asthma is no joke. I know. I get it too sometimes. So, yes, I say you're clear through. Congratulations!! Great going! Curly, get in here with a flashing 21 for dakota!! OK, dakota, so are you going to kick back for a while or jump right in for Round 2?

Oh, and by the way, I have considering an addition to the rules. What do you say we get one free day, one rain check so to say, to be used for emergencies, special occasions, sick days, that kind of thing. Other than that, you just have to go back, even if you were sick. That's just hard luck.

Then, the idea is, is that for each round of 21-day challenges you complete you earn another free day. What do you all say? Like the idea? Good, I like it too. It's in!!