You're on Page 16 of 77
Go to
  • Hello
    First name: Kristan

Geographical location: Detroit Suburbs

Marital Status: Long term relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Boston Terrier named Bentley

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, reading, working out, watching tv, playing with the dog

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around?? New Years 2006

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 181

Goal Weight: 140-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating and late night binging

Following any specific plan: Exercise and moderation

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm using sites (like this one) to help keep me motivated and see that it really can be done!

Anything else you would like to share with us: not that I can think of!
  • First name: Heidi

Geographical location: Nowhere, Arkansas

Marital Status: married

Pets: Oh lord...Chocolate lab named Devlin, two rottweilers named Dozer and Bear, a chow/pit mix named Bootleg, a pit/shepherd mix named Peaches, three german shepherds named McKayla, Buddy, Sandy, an ancient poodle named Daisy, an ancient border collie named Pooch, a bassett hound named Bridgette, a...something mix named Sweetie, a cairn terrier named Squeaker, a chihuahua named Dixie, my shorthair cats named Juventude, Stinker, Schanook, Jake, Maya, Sarah, Monkey, Sugar, Shadow, Summer, and Spooky. My two prized purebred persians named Smush and Chill, my psychotic cockatoo named R2-D2, my squirrel named Chloe, my oscar fish named Satan, a pond full of Koi fish, a pig named porkchop, a rooster named Prince Peckerhead, and one horse named Ahab the Arab. Oh yeah, and the owl that lives in the barn with my pig who can't fly anymore, named Giblet. (every pet I have is a rescue, none paid for, all fully loved)

Hobbies/Interests: my animals (duh, obviously), watching Sci-Fi shows (battlestar Galactica specifically), and painting

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2006

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 230 (roughly)

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating and late night binging

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm actually seeing results this time

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a dork...but I'm relatively harmless
  • First name (if you want to tell): Cara

Geographical location: Central Florida, Usa

Marital Status: Engaged and living in Sin...

Children/Ages: None. Not soon.. Not right now...

Occupation: Hair dresser/ College student majoring in social sciences for Probation or Social work.

Pets: None.. Well my bf has one fish.. But I don't count fish.

Hobbies/Interests:Music, Internet, Books, making cds, and ummm knowledge. I like to learn stuff about stuff.. Isn't stuff funn everybody..
    Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Copper or brownish.. My hair color is up for interpretation.. Since I am a hairdresser it changes right now it looks horrible 2 inches of regrown mousey brown but other then the regrowth it is cottin candy color (pinkish with purple and blue swirled through)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Begining of Feb. more or less.

Starting Weight: 268...

Present Weight: 268 I just started give me a break.

Goal Weight: Well. I do not want to be a skinny girl. I want to be a healthy women. I wear like a 42 H bra so I have to be a little curvy other wise I fall over and my back hurts. So I would like to be 168 but I shooting for right now 180.. I would look oh so sexy at 180. hehe..

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting up and moving.. Since I stand all day and walk around my chair when I get home my feet hurt and I am worn out. Mostly because thats as active as I get.. I can't wait to be like wooo hoo energy crazy queen.

Following any specific plan: I am just on a 1,500 calorie lifestyle eating habit(if I call it a diet i will not succeed.) I talk to my doctor about it and she said it doesnt matter what you eat as long as it has a somewhat of a nutrialal value as long as your calorie output is more then you input. Then you will lose wieght.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going to do it.. I have never really tried to lose weight. Before I met my boyfriend I was still heavy but I was active then when you get comphy you get lazy. I am trying to find stuff active for us to do together. I have tried to get him to walk with me but he doesnt want to and when he does he walks behind me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am soo happy to have found 3 fat chicks. I love reading all the questions and answers cause I learn things..Things that will help me lose it. I just know that it is going to take time.. I am not rushing it.. And because We are all soo young we will lose it faster and our skin will bounce back because when you get to be in your later 30s it doesnt bounce back as much so yay great time to start losing some poundage...Plus I want to be kinda buff. Not like ewww vieny buff but like i can take care of my self buff. Like watch out Dont mug me I'll kick your boney butt... wooo hoo
  • First name: Summer

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: Single

Pets: Pug named Precious and the squirrel outside of my apartment named Spike

Hobbies/Interests: Going to the movies/museum/symphony, general outdoors-y stuff, reading, writing

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Gray/ Red-Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 20

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ach...to many too list

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm also using sites to help keep me motivated and see that it really can be done!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm sure I'll think of something soon!
  • First name: Kristina

Geographical location: Missouri

Children/Ages: 1 son, Micah, 4

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping, Writing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 1,2006

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 235

Goal Weight:First goal to get below 200, second goal 150, final goal 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated

Following any specific plan:I've combined different diets to come up with one that works for me, and that seems to be working

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just tired of being fat.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't think of anything else right now
  • A little info about myself...
    First name (if you want to tell): Kate

Geographical location: Maryland

Children/Ages: 0

Pets:0

Hobbies/Interests: Ahh... Too many to list, and nothing particularly important

Height: 5'8/9"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Seriously... 01/2006

Starting Weight: 203

Present Weight: About 200

Goal Weight: Anywhere between 130-150... Would love to be about 130-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food; I'm horribly lazy; and I'm a huge procrastinator!

Following any specific plan: Not really, just trying to get healthy and build healthy habits... I'll keep you all posted!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm serious about it, there is no vanity behind it. Well, maybe a little. But unlike my efforts in high school and the first couple years of college, this isn't about getting a boy to like me, or a group of people to notice me. This isn't about someone thinking I'm "hot." I just want to think I'm "hot."

Anything else you would like to share with us: Look forward to hearing from you, all! Feel free to message and contact me, I'm always looking for someone to talk with and a buddy, and would love tips and suggestions! I also love reading, so let me know if you've read anything good! Lastly, I'm hoping to pick up running finally this year, its my biggest goal!
  • First name (if you want to tell):Elizabeth

Geographical location: Lincoln, NE

Marital Status: single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies, music (I'm in the marching band ), reading, I love watching TV shows on DVD or my computer; there is so much more room for character and plot development on TV than film.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown ; dark drown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today (March 02)

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting to the Rec everyday, resisting the urge to snack

Following any specific plan: portion control, eliminate snacking, exercising everyday (have to take advantage of the Rec Center!)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The last time I made a conscious effort to lose weight it was so that I would be in shape for a competition (my H.S. marching band competed both locally (GA) and nationally), so I had a very concrete goal. This time it is all about my health and comfort.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I am so glad that I found this site. Everyone here seems so supportive and I hope I can be succesfull!
  • First name (if you want to tell): Lani.

Geographical location: Pittsburgh, PA for now.

Marital Status: No. =/

Children/Ages: Not for at least a few years yet.

Pets: One cat, Cami; one fish, Stanley Fish.

Hobbies/Interests: Literature, film, theatre, coffee shops, coffee of course, photography, writing letters, etc.

Height: 5'8".

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown, in both cases.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, baby. (3-03-06)

Starting Weight: I'm doing this on a completely NSV basis this time. The numbers on the scale have been far too haunting and limiting for me in the past. That said, I'm sure I'm at least 80-100 pounds over an ideal weight, but when I feel and look the way I want to, I'll consider my goals met.

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding a fitness program that I actually enjoy...also, resisting coffee ice cream.

Following any specific plan: I'm a vegetarian...but other than that, taking it incredibly slowly. Curbing my calories down to 1500/day (I'm thinking of calorie-cycling?) and exercising in some fashion at least 4 times a week. Tons and tons of water, too.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm much more focused this time around with specific daily goals in mind and a specific ideal body shape and feel to obtain. I'm also not using a scale this time. NSVs are much, much more liberating in my opinion.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing at the moment except that I'm glad I'm here! Also, someone poke me or something if you see that I haven't been here for a few days. I'm busy and distracted. =/ I'll keep myself on track as much as humanly possible, but you know how things get.

ETA: Today's 3-3, not 3-2!
  • First name (if you want to tell): Cindy

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: newlywed

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, hanging with friends, going out dancing, reading, traveling, watching tv, love the beach, like to ski

Height: 5'1" (and 3/4)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2001-junior year in college. I had gained about 35 lbs and not even realized it. Then i joined WW and realized i previously knew nothing about nutrition.

Starting Weight: 145-(but had been heavier year before but never weighed myself) at WI 2001-havent gone over 128 since 2002, but fluxuate from 115-128. I like to stay at around 117.

Present Weight: 124

Goal Weight: 115, but would be happy with 117

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food, plus i am a binge eater. I have a tendancy to think oh well i have already screwed up, might as well take advantage and eat yummy foods and start fresh tomorrow. Plus my hubby eats whatever he wants and we both enjoy dining out at great restaurants together. Oh and i LOVE bread. It makes it hard. Plus my office is always stocked with tons of candy and sweets and we get other free goodies often.

Following any specific plan: WW for the billionth time

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, this time i am definitley trying to not put so much pressure on myself and realize how lucky i am to be healthy and happy. In the past i have put so much pressure on myself that my whole life became centered around my weight loss goals. I hate that. I want to live my life and be healthy without obsessing about food and wieght but i dont know how to do it. When i am on plan i feel like my life has to center around it and when i am off, i am just really bad. I want to reach a happy medium.
  • I'm struggling!!!
    First name (if you want to tell): Megan

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: I live at home with my parents

Pets: I used to have a gorgeous Basset Hound

Hobbies/Interests: I love to paint, hang out with my darlin' boyfriend and other friends, just do anything that's fun..

Height: 5'4"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I got serious a couple weeks ago

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 251

Goal Weight: 160-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Probably going out for dinner is the biggest thing for me. My boyfriend and I tend to do that on weekends. Although this weekend we're cooking both nights!

Following any specific plan: I started south beach two weeks ago, and it's actually pretty easy to follow.. although we had company over the last two nights and I kind of cheated - but my uncle says "too many people feel that they fail if they have something 'bad', just acknowledge that you've had it, and be careful next time".. so that's what I did! no discouragement for this girl!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm now eating healthy and making a lifestyle change - not a quick fad diet that will work for only a month.

Anything else you would like to share with us: hmmmmmmm, not that I can think of!
  • First name (if you want to tell):

Geographical location: Midwest US

Pets: None of my own, parents have a dog and a cat that are pretty much mine

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, reading, doing fun things

Height: 5'3"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August (when I started grad school)

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 175

Goal Weight: <140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I want chocolate!!!

Following any specific plan: Walk everywhere and don't eat lots of crap

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it's going to work!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope!
  • [FFirst name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2children 3in May 1 in May

Pets: 3 dogs, 2 horses

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, playing baseball, gardening

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1/2006

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being bored

Following any specific plan: excercise 3 days a week, walk every day cut out the processed foods eeeek

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first time trying

Anything else you would like to share with us: I never lost the weight after my little guy i was 123 before i got preggie
  • Hola, I'm new! Here is my getting to know me post:

First name (if you want to tell): Jenn

Geographical location: MA

Marital Status: Married

Pets: two cats

Hobbies/Interests: watching a whole lot of TV, reading, writing, blogging, outdoor activities

Height: 5'6"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime last June I broke down in tears and finally decided to do something.

Starting Weight: 224

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 150 for now. Maybe a little lower later.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I get lazy and want to stay in and watch TV instead of go to the gym. Also, going out to eat and going to parties where a lot of yummy food is available hasn't helped!

Following any specific plan: I've tried Atkins and glycemic but nothing has worked better than decreasing portions and getting some excercise. One day at a time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: making a lifestyle change instead of a short term change in diet.

Thanks for reading
  • First name (if you want to tell): judith
    Geographical location: Indiana
    Marital Status: Finally! getting divorced after 4 year seperation, currently living with fiancee
    Children/Ages: Kait 7, Bug 5, & Emma-Claire 7 mos.
    Pets: cat- Glory
    Hobbies/Interests: Rodeo, reading, exploring new places
    Height: 5ft 3 in
    Eye/Hair Color: eyes are hazel green, hair is whatever color strikes me that month
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey?? February 7 {my 28th b-day} original journey May 26, 2004 [/b]
    Starting Weight: 235
    Present Weight: 191
    Goal Weight: working on 170 right now, praying for 145/140 before my next b-day
    Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, stress eating, and comfort foods in general
    Following any specific plan: personal plan adapted from Dr. Phil's original Weight Solution guide, Weight Watchers, and instincts
    What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: We are leaving for vacation on June 25th. this will be our first out-of-state trip as a new family, and my first time seeing the people and places V got to know while we were apart for 8 years. I want him to be proud of me and able to show me off without reservation. And I only have 2 years left of 'good metabolism'
    Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking for a YIM buddy or two to help me stay motivated
  • First name (if you want to tell): KB

Geographical location: DC

Children/Ages: Definitely not

Pets: A golden retriever who worships me at my parents' house, which only sort of counts

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, following/debating politics, watching far too much television, music/going to shows, spending time with friends, I'm trying to make working out a hobby, though it certainly does not qualify as an interest to me yet.

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? The first of March. I guess I'm living proof of that article that says a ton of people start trying to lose weight in March.

Starting Weight: Far more than I would like

Present Weight: See above (minus 4 pounds)

Goal Weight: To be able to fit into and look good in a pair of True Religion jeans.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Emotional and, even worse, boredom eating. Playing the justification game. (I can go to the gym tomorrow and work out twice as long, one cookie isn't the worst thing I could do, etc.)

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and regular exercise, trying to follow the Self Challenge.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: First of all, sheer and utter disgust. I'm heavier now than I've ever been and even my old "fat" clothes are tight. I hate it and can't stand it another second, so my motivation is a lot higher than in the past. (Now it's "I need to do this" rather than "I should do this.") I'm also trying to set more reasonable goals--taking things 10 lbs at a time--so it doesn't get too daunting and feel like I can never get there.