Awesome new WW cookbook!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I love the WW cookbooks that they sell at meetings! They're affordable and I think the recipes don't taste like diet food at all and they are easy to prepare.

At my meeting today, there was a brand new book called Slow Good with recipes for slow cookers. It was so awesome I bought it immediately. Just about every recipe looked really tasty and slow cookers are SO easy, you can't go wrong!

If you don't have a slow cooker (i.e., crockpot), I highly recommend getting one. They're cheap (I paid $35 for mine at Target), and they're so easy and you can dump everything in it before you go to work and come home to delicious smells and a hot meal that's ready to eat. You can't beat it!

If you have a slow cooker, you'll love this book. If you don't have one, get one and then get the book. You won't be sorry.

Josie
  • Thanks, Josie. I have a ton of crockpot recipes, but hardly any of them are healthy.
  • Thanks Josie!

I also like the new Flex/Core cookbook and the WW Takeout Tonight cookbook. This one features WW recipes for pizza, Italian, Chinese, Greek etc. Your favorite takeout food but lower in calories and fat! I found them easy to prepare and looooove the Kung Pao Shrimp recipe
  • I have both of those, too. You're right, they're great.

Josie
  • "Fix It and Forget It Light" is also a great crockpot healthy cookbook - got it for $15 at Wal*Mart.
  • I also like the Cooking Light Magazines for recipes. They show the nutritional values so you can easily count the points.... I have found some great recipes there!
  • Oooh, I love Cooking Light also. There is a softback, thin cookbook right now at the checkout at the grocery store by them, and the blueberry dessert on the front looks SO GOOD but I haven't given in yet. It's 10 bucks, and it is about half the size of their mags. I just can't see it!
  • The March Cooking Light magazine has a recipe for Raspberry Cheesecake Bars that sounds and looks so good! (pg. 137-138) I've bought the ingredients to try it out on the fam this Sunday. If it's any good, I'll post it.

Have any of you already tried it? If so, how was it?

Jennifer - you're worth the splurge on the cookbook. Plus, then you can share with us.
  • Ok Jane, you twisted my arm.
  • Hmmmmm...I wonder why they don't sell cookbooks at my meetings?

I'll have to check out the store. I would love to buy the crock-pot book. Thanks guys!
  • Last night after I posted, I noticed something about the Raspberry Cheesecake Bars recipe. They aren't really so "lite", they're just cut small!! A 9x13 pan is supposed to be 30 servings? I'll bake them anyway since I already bought the raspberries!
  • Sherry, not all of the WW items are available at all the meetings. It depends on what the leader either picks up from or what head office ships them.

If I am looking for something in particular I will go to one of the main branches as they will have a larger selection of cookbooks and other items.
  • Sherry, is your WW in a permanent office, or is it in a church, hotel, etc? When I was in WW, we met at a hotel. Now they have their own real suite in a shopping center, and they have more materials there.

My mom picked up a copy of Slow Good for me, but I won't be seeing her for a few days. I'll share opinions next week. (And Sherry, PM me if you want a copy. Mom is lifetime and never misses a meeting. I can get you a copy and mail it to you next week!)
  • Thumbs down on the Raspberry Cheesecake Bars!
    Ewww... what a waste of fresh raspberries! Even my DH, who has a cast iron belly, didn't like them!

How much is the Slow Good cookbook? My future DIL just joined WW and I'll have her pick up a copy for me since I don't go to meetings.
  • I think they are $12. Wow, this slow cooker business is going to drive my dog insane.