The Weekend Cluck - January 29 and 30

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Hooray for Misty

We didnt get anything done in the kitchen yesterday: just hung out watching a few movies and keeping warm. The roads were still iced over in my area so I'm home again today. I hope to accomplish something productive today (read: complete electrical wiring in kitchen).

I WI tomorrow but TOM has been teasing me, so we'll see what shows up on the scale.
  • Mornin chickies! Not much happenin here. Fixin to get Mom's lil pad cleaned up for her before we head out this afternoon. I'm gonna color my hair (again) before I go home. While I was here in Dec. I colored it red hot red and now I'm goin back to my more natural color of dark golden brown. I hate roots and the red was a perm color instead of semi perm sooooo. I know y'all wanted to know all of that! lol Well I better get busy although I could fit her apt. in my livingroom I want to make sure I get it all done. DS will be here at 3 and I want to be ready to go. Have a great day all!
  • Woohoo Misty!!! Wishing you a fabulous 2nd week too!

Morning Ladies

I like to clean our house thoroughly on Sundays and start the week anew. I'm a flylady freak and love all of her methods. I'm sure I do more than she recommends, but I have a big house and it would never get completely clean with such small time incriments Anyway, that'll keep me out of the food and concentrating on my mission of the day. I'll get some treadmill time in today too. I'm starting Phase 2 today and plan to add in some grains. I'm really enjoying this WOE and so far, so good. The scale is moving downward and I'm feeling great.

Have a wonderful day!
  • Good Morning Chickies,

Wahoo!! I made it through day one with only one tiny slip !! Hubby bake a sweet potato for me with our steak last night. He is trying so hard to be supportive, I only ate half and I am sure the world won't stop turning.

Your warm welcomes yesterday made it easy to know I have chosen the right plan for me. You really are the best group on the web, I will try to honor this support and help you and future beach buddies.

Ruth, thanks for your concern--I plan to stay in again today, church has been cancelled, I'll have a time of devotion and prayer for myself.

Barb-- You are so focused on SBD and your chart is awesome!!!Congrats.

Misty-- You are doing great and I got some great grocery store ideas, hope to make it out tomorrow.

Sil-- We are completely iced over also, I didn't loose power, but my Mom did. I have checked on her and she says she is fine and staying warm. I railroaded her into putting in some gas logs in December, in her own way she is now thanking me.

Jane--What would we do without Flylady--she so helped me get a true handle and proper perspective on housework and life. My favorite is "Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family". Not the exact quote. I am applying this also to SBD, not that I plan to slip up daily, but if I do the world won't stop. When I think about it , it has been perfectionism that has caused me to stop many a diet. I understand now that life happens and you deal with in the best way possible.

ATTENTION---Bamiegirl--- I must help you and reveal something about myself!! I teach cosmetology at our local Career Center. If you want to neutralize the red, you will need to use an ash, you will also need go a shade or 2 lighter than you think you need , because color on top of color goes darker. Think what happens when you take a crayon and color over a crayon, just gets darker. You may need 2 colors, one for the roots and one for the ends. Good luck. Let me know how it turns out and if I can answer any questions.

To all those I didn't list, GOOD LUCK this week and keep up the good work!!! Thanks to all who have posted recipes, they all look yummy and will keep me from being bored.

STAY WARM!!
    Hugs and prayers
    Wanda
  • Hello again ladies!

WooHoo Misty! Good Job!!

I also love FlyLady. I have a lot of her household management ideas in my head... even if they don't always get done! I try.

I went to jazzercise this morning and MAN, do I feel the BURN in my legs! We did heavy legs today. I have to get to the grocery store, come home and get some laundry done, toss dinner in the slow cooker, and head out for a few MK appointments this afternoon. It is going to be a busy one!

We got a dusting of snow last night and it was a tad slippery but nothing major. All of you with ice please be careful! And remember, just because you are being careful doesn't mean that the other morons on the road are! My windshield got hit with a rock yesterday and I now have a nice little line going right down in front of my face when I drive... ugh!

Ok, I think I have babbled on enough! Have a great day!

Nally
  • Active... THANK YOU! It is lighter than the red. My sister is also a cosmetologist and she said that the color I got would be fine but to only leave it on about 10 minutes or it would be to dark. I don't know where you are and if they have a Sally's there but that is where I bought the color. It is the Loreal Feria line. If it turns out bad it won't be the first time! lol When I was blonde I went swimming and it turned my hair green! Now that was a hoot! I have had the color totally stripped out of my hair before as well. I used to color it alot but now that I am a SAHM I hardly ever color it and usually only do stains. I will let you know how it turns out in a few hours when I get my shower. Thank you again for your help. Now that the word is out about you I know where to go for answers when I can't get a hold of DS! lol
  • Afternoon everyone.

I'm new here and already posted a short bio on the FAQ page. I had a friend come visit from out of town this weekend. We went out to eat on Friday night to a Mexican place, and I had a small bowl of chicken soup instead of chips, salad, and panfried fish. When we went to the Chinese buffet place yesterday for lunch, I had some salad with juice from a lemon wedge and *very* small portions of jalapeno chicken, beef with mushrooms, and egg drop soup. I also had a wedge of cantaloupe and about 5 tbsp. of ff frozen yogurt. The yogurt was a cheat but I just wanted a taste of it and gave the rest to DF. I was worried that it would affect my weight but I didn't go up at all! I'm so glad I was able to eat out and not go absolutely nuts at the restaurant.

I'm enjoying reading about how all of you are doing and I thank you in advance for all of the support and encouragement I'm seeing on this board!
  • GJ Misty !!!!
  • Active.... I got scared and rinsed it about 4-5 mins after I put it on..... roots are lighter but red is the same! so I guess I will go tomorrow and get Ash and then the color I want it to be right? Thank you for your help!
  • A big welcome to all the new Chicks that have joined us this weekend, and WTG, Misty!!
    Sil, I did notice that you and I have the same tracker goals, and it'll be fun and motivating to see how they move! Are you doing the electrical work yourself, wow!
    My DD and kids had a great time yesterday, we went shopping to get her some new clothes to wear when she goes back to work. For just having a baby she looks great, and even weighs less now than she did before she got pregnant. Some of you may remember her, she is also on SBD - Phase 3, and she went by "Highlysung". We had supper at Max & Erma's, and I had their low carb version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with broccoli and a salad, and just a coffee for dessert, so I feel really proud of myself for being able to stay OP. This morning Jake and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and I had scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and tomato slices. Then we went shopping for some curtain hardware. We needed to re-hang the bedroom curtains, they're touching the baseboard heater and Jake's afraid they'll get too hot and cause a fire, so he raised the curtain rod up a few inches. And I was tired of the tie-backs with bows that I have on all the windows, they are so hard to get just right when I wash the curtains and put them back up again. So I replaced all of them with brass and iron tie-backs. A lot of drilling for poor Jake, but he was a good sport about it. I think he was just happy to get rid of the "frou-frou" bows! Thinking about what to make for supper, I have 1/2 of a spagetti squash that needs using up today or it will start going moldy if it hasn't already. Maybe I'll make a simple marinara sauce with shrimp to put over it, that sounds good. Jake won't eat it, so he'll get the leftover London Broil with a baked potato. I should go and plan out my meals for the coming week, so I'll chat with you all later.
  • Evening everyone!

I'm sick of telling you all how busy I am this weekend but I'm still busy. I spent the whole day today setting up for the big auction and party tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty confident about my preparations so far. Lots of last minute switching around. Shaquille O'Neal donated one of his shoes autographed. It is HUGE! I'm going to bring my digital camera tomorrow to get a picture of me holding it. It is actually going into the online auction so maybe I can get a link so you all can see it.

Diet wise I'm doing ok. Sometime on Friday my body switched to running on adrenaline (always happens before a large event) so if anything - I'm not eating enough. Trying to pump in shakes and V8's but I'm low on veggies. I'm hoping that last pound comes off tomorrow. I can't sleep and my mind is running a hundred miles an hour trying not to forget anything.

Went on a date with cutie pie again this weekend. I had a couple of cocktails (vanilla vodka and diet vernors) and we went to the movies. So far so good. Keep ya posted.

I want to say hi to all the newbies! Welcome! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement.

I'm going to work out so maybe I can sleep a little better tonight! Take care everyone. I might not have time to post tomorrow but I want to try to post my weight if there is any changes.

Bami - I'm worried about your hair! Now I have something else to worry about!

Ruth - I once made the same joke about the invisble fence and my neighbor kids. They had this wild doggie who would steal your barbequeing utensils while you were cooking and lick them.