I'm New!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning Everyone! I have been reading this site for a while and finally decided to join. I am on the South Beach Diet for the 2nd time, and I started this one on 12/29/04, and the weight was 277.5! I found this site to be helpful in seeing that I am not alone in trying to get the weight off. My first goal was just to make this eating change last for 1 month! Tomorrow is the day! So far, I have losted 14.5 pounds!! Yippee! So, I am rewarding myself and helping myself by joining here! Looking forward to posting my success! Have a Great Day! "The Dutchess"
  • OMG that is wonderful Dutchess! Congrats and welcome to the sand where we are always willing to lend a hand! lol Make sure you post with us in the daily! Lots of info in the F&Q section as I am sure you have found. I'm so excited for your loss!
  • Welcome to the Beach, Dutchess, and big :Bravo: for your sucess this month! .
  • Thanks Bamiegurl! I have done a lot of reading already! It was always good to come back to read all the postings, and see what everyone else is going through! It has helped so far! It has gotten me to my first month! I don't think I ever lasted longer than 3 weeks before! Why...I don't know! That's why I made it to the 1st month! Actually making it a month was my first goal!
  • Way to Go, Dutchess! Congrats on meeting your goal - feels good, doesn't it!

And welcome to the group. I'm a semi-newbie myself, and these ladies have been fabulous with support and help and suggestions for just about any situation. Woo woo!

Ciao!
    Solarmama
  • Welcome to the Beach Dutchess, good to have you here. We started around the same time, my 1st month will be up in a few days. And Actually, coming to 3FC's has made it so easy to stick to my plan, getting so much advice and having all this support....it really helps. WTG on your weight loss so far, and good luck!

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2005
    Valentines Mini Goal 165
  • THANKS EVERYONE! I know that will be a big help to me!! I'm off to work!
  • Wow!! Congratulations, Duchess!!
    And welcome to the Beach!!
  • Welcome to the Beach Dutchess!! Great job on the weight loss!!
  • Hi! I'm new too
  • Welcome to the beach! I am also new, in my third day of phase 1. Lots of good info on this board. Get the book though because I have learned so much and I only started reading it yesterday.
  • Good Morning! A whole month!!! Reached my first goal, and have lost a total of 14 pounds! Now I'm trying to figure out what my next goal should be! Yesterday I think was my worst day ever. I ate right and worked out, but was thinking junk food all day! Yikes! I made it through the day without cheating. Maybe that a good sign!
    I'm thinking maybe going for a 8 pounds for February!

Thanks for all the well wishing!
    Debbi
  • Well it shows now. Better add it to your profile so you don't need to copy it into every post. See User CP and Edit Signature.
    14 pounds is great and it's nice to see someone looking ahead to February.
  • Congrats, Duchess! Great work!!!

Glad you are joining us...this group has helped me out so much! Like you, I had never lasted longer than 3 weeks before!