I'm New!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Congratulations, Dutchess! Welcome to the Beach!
  • Congrats Dutchess, and welcome to the land of sun, sand and great chicks.
  • Woo Hoo Dutchess!!

Welcome to the Beach!

Nally
  • Thanks so much everyone! It's great to have all the support! I think it is great to see how much weight everyone has lost. I wonder if I had found this site when I tried SB the first if I could have been more successful. I'm determined to make it this time. How has everyone handled going out? We have several family get togethers over the next 3 weeks, and I'm a little concerned about it. Before when I cheated it was oh well.....! I don't want that to happen again.
  • Welcome, Duchess! You ask how I handle going out. If I have any choice in where we are going then we go to someplace where I can easily eat on plan. If I have no choice then I do my research ahead of time. For instance, I had two dinners out recently - one Italian and one Mexican - with a club. I checked the menus ahead of time (one was online, the other I had DH stop by and pick up their menu) and I researched choices. In the case of the Mexican one I was able to find something totally on plan. I made sure those sitting close to me knew that I was watching what I eat and that I wanted to avoid the chip basket. I placed it next to them.

In the case of the Italian restaurant (which had no vegetable choices at all), I had the soup and salad and didn't worry about the small amount of pasta in the soup. I avoided most of it and didn't worry about the rest.

I made sure I ate lots of vegetable during the rest of the day since dinner was less veggies than normal. I drank water with dinner. I spent my time enjoying socializing with friends and did not make food the focus of the get together.

If I am going to someone's house, I check ahead on the menu. I offer to bring something to contribute to the meal. It can be a casserole that is on plan. Something that will give me lots of vegetables even if there is nothing else that I can eat.

I was at Derby races this weekend where all they sold was hot dogs, pizza, candy and junk. I packed a lunch bag with a cooler. My food was so good I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

If I absolutely cannot prepare and find myself in a situation where I cannot eat on plan, then I just make the best choices possible but I still eat the food. It is very important to eat regularly. I do make sure I am not put in that situation very often though.
  • Thanks for the info!! It was a brunch that we attended and not one type of any veggies on the buffet. They did have scrambled eggs, and baked chicken. Everything else was a BIG NO - NO! I did bring something to eat on the way down. It took us a couple of hours to get there. So, I made sure that I was not hungry when we got there. It made it a little easier. Now I just have one more family function which is a baby shower. Once I'm through that it should be easy. I think my February goal will be lose 10 pounds. Thanks for all the help!