• Crustless Zesty Lemon Pie

Prep Time: 10 min
    Total Time: 3 hr 10 min
    Makes: 8 servings

1 container (32 oz.) plain nonfat yogurt
    2 pkg. (4-serving size ea) Lemon Flavor SF Gelatin mix
    1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger

MIX yogurt and dry gelatin in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring after 1-1/2 min. Stir in lemon peel and ginger.
    POUR into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
    REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
    ------------------------
    Nutrition (per serving)
    Calories 70
  • Refreshing treat!
    This is a great treat! Nice and refreshing! I love it anytime of the day!

The only problem I have is that the gelatin was lumpy. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong??
  • Sounds to me the gelatin did not dissolve evenly. Try stirring it very thoroughly into the yogurt and stirring it in the microwave every 30 seconds. Let us know if it helps.
  • This sounds yummy. A nice break from eggs. I will have to give it a try. I guess it would work with other flavors too!
  • Refreshing treat!
    This is a great treat! Nice and refreshing! I love it anytime of the day!

The only problem I have is that the gelatin was lumpy. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong??
  • Please see my reply above!
  • This sounds yummy! I'm going to try it out. I always got so sick of eggs and I was always lacking on good filling breakfast because I never really thought outside of eggs and turkey/Canadian bacon.

Thanks for the recipe
  • just made this with sugar free raspberry gelatin...its not set yet, but the taste is great!
  • Is it necessary to microwave the yogurt? I'm a little afraid that microwaving will kill the good probiotic stuff in the yogurt--anybody know?
  • Gelatin needs heat to dissolve so the yogurt must be heated.
  • Ah, that makes sense!

I mixed in the jello without heating the yogurt and it was quite yummy, and thickened it up some but not as much as I imagine it would with the gelatin dissolved.

I don't like the idea of heating the yogurt, though, so I think next time I will try to dissolve the gelatin in a small amount of water and stir it into the yogurt.

This is a great recipe--my husband loves it too.
  • This is the fridge for tomorrow morning. It tastes great already!
  • Okay... I will have to say I didn't like this It tasted great last night before it set. But the texture or something is just not doing it for me for breakfast. But I don't really like yogurt. I will give it to DH because I think he will actually like it a lot.
  • Waistingtime - I wasn't really into it for breakfast either, I ended up having it either as a mid-afternoon snack or dessert with a bit of ff cool whip. that worked better for me it was almost like a lemon meringue pie.
  • I am eating this right now! is soooo good. Mine is a little grainy but i actually prefer it because it feels like im eating a cold cereal.