Merry Christmas Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • Well, it's now Autumn, starting to get colder each day, and you know what that means... more warm foods and carbohydrates leading to the dreaded holiday weight gain. Christmas is only about 9 weeks away, and I would love to start a Merry Christmas challenge. My goal is to try to lose 10 lbs. Are there any other buddies who would like to join me? It doesn't matter how much you need to lose or what plan you are on, the challenge is to lose during the holidays. Let's bring 2005 with a loss. Now that's a challenge!
    (Hugs),
    Dena
  • You can sign me up Dena! My goal is to lose 25 pounds....
  • Sign me up too. 19 pound loss would be the best Christmas present
  • Welcome to the Merry Christmas Challenge!
    Hi Miss Meliss and DewCan!

Now we're talking! Okay you are both signed up for the Christmas Challenge. On Monday we shall report our losses.

So our goals are these:

Miss Meliss: 25 lbs. by Christmas
    DewCan: 19 lbs. by Christmas
    Dena: 10 lbs. by Christmas

I just came back from the gym, where I treaded for 42 minutes and I'm drinking my water. I also counted my cals today, and I am being a good little girl. What are you both doing to achieve your goals? I'm so excited we are doing this. Good Luck, everyone!!

Anyone else wanna join, you are welcome.
    Hugs,
    Dena
  • Dena, can you sign me up as well too please?? I would love to lose 20 pounds if possible by Christmas! Thanks!
  • Happy Tuesday!
    Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome Sharqueen76. You are now on the Christmas Challenge list.

Goals:
    MissMeliss: 25 lbs
    DewCan: 19 lbs
    Sharqueen: 20 lbs.
    Dena: 10 lbs.

So how is everyone doing... Miss Meliss, DewCan, Sharqueen? How did it go yesterday? I'm eating less, moving more and drinking 8 or more glasses of water. This is just so exciting and I can just feel those fat cells wasting away. What a wonderful Christmas present.

Well, it's time for my morning walk. We can make our dreams come true.
    (Hugs),
    Dena
  • Hi,
    I'd like to be included. My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by Christmas. So the idea is to report every Monday? Sounds good to me
    Thanks,
    Roll
    sw/172
    cw/164
    gw/120
  • All I can say is that I hope it only gets better from here for me
    HAve agreat day all
    Diana
  • Welcome rolldml. You are down for 15 lbs. by Christmas. Let us know how you are doing. What plan are you on?

DewCan, Just start over. Never quit. Are you following any particular plan? We can do this together.

See you all later.
    Dena
  • Good Morning Everyone!
    How is everyone doing? I really want to drop 10 lbs. over the next few weeks. So my plan is to eat less, exercise each day and drink 8-10 glasses of water. I know this plan is doable. We went out to dinner last night, which is always harder to stay strong, but I think I did better than usual. I just have to keep my eye on the goal and be persistent and strong. Well, it's time to exercise. Have a great day, everyone!
    (Hugs),
    Dena
  • too late to join the christmas challenge? I want to lose 8 lbs by Christmas (at least 1 lb a week) 38 lbs to my goal.

I'm doing the curves diet (low carb high protein diet and exercise) I'm on Phase 2 now.
  • Welcome, KandiceA. There's always room for one more! So glad you could join us. Congratulations on getting to phase 2 of the Curves Diet. I know you will achieve your goal by Christmas.

Good Luck, everyone. We can make this happen!!
    (Hugs),
    Dena
  • Hi Everyone!

Happy Thursday.... only 4 days and week 1 is over. Boy, does the time go so fast! I'm going to start journaling what I eat, my exercise routine and how much water I'm drinking. This will help me be more honest with myself. It's funny how life gets in the way sometimes, and I find that I'm not doing everything perfectly. Hopefully, this will get me going in the right direction.
    OK, here goes:
    Breakfast: Waffle, coffee (no butter, syrup)
    Lunch: Large plate of vegetables, egg, apple
    Dinner: Chicken, apple
    Water: 8 glasses
    Exercise: 30 minute brisk walk. I had a meeting tonite, so I didn't have time to do anymore exercise. Hope to do better on Friday.

I'll come back later to jot down what I did the rest of the day.

Good Luck, everyone!
    (Hugs),
    Dena
  • Hi all, okay is there a specific weigh in day, or jsut post on our own weigh in days? Jsut wondering.
    Diana
  • Happy Friday, Everybody!
    Hi gals,
    Only 3 more days until weigh in day!

DewCan, we can post anything about our journey to goal everyday... how we are doing, what we are doing. Then on Mondays we will post our weight lost for the week.

Tobaccygirl, welcome!! It sounds like you are doing a great job. Congratulations on losing 22 1/2 lbs. Excellent job on your exercise, too!! I have you down to lose 8 lbs by December 22.

As for me,
    breakfast: waffle, coffee
    lunch: 4 pieces of sushi, bowl of soup
    Dinner: small cup of clam chowder, small steak, half baked potato, green beans
    water: 8 1/2 glasses
    exercise: 30 minute brisk walk this morning, 40 minutes on treadmill this afternoon, 20 minute walk after dinner.

(Hugs),
    Dena