Unexpected Results of Weight Loss

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I was thinking about all the little things that have happened because I've lost weight and wondered if other people experienced these "unexpected" things, too--the kinds of things you don't think about happening when you start your weight loss journey. I can't say all of them are good, but they're interesting to think about.

*My wedding ring fell off, had it resized, and now it's too big again.
    *I get cold a lot easier.
    *I spend a lot more money on clothing.
    *People treat me differently.

Now, I can't decide if that last one is because I behave differently, or because people are noticing me more. I don't remember ever having clerks and other shoppers talk to me as much as they do now. Before I was just the invisible middle-aged fat woman, I guess. Or am I more outgoing as the weight comes off? That one's a puzzle. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed people being more friendly as the weight comes off.
  • This is great, Sheila! Really interesting. A couple of things come to mind immediately, but I know there's more, so I'm going to give this some thought and then report back.
  • I wear jeans (check out my new profile pic! )
    I am nicer so people are nicer (part of this is letting God into my life)
    I still have plenty of "fat" days, but sometimes I feel pretty.
    I am cold all the time.
    I only have 1 ring that fits and its not my wedding ring.
    My kiddo can wrap his whole arms around me when he hugs me.
    I let people hug me and touch me.
    I let people take my picture.
    There are more, but this is a ODAT journey

Chris
  • Shelia-- My list is identical to yours! My rings are barely staying on. I don't want to get them resized just yet.. I went from a size 8 ring finer ring to a size 6! Like I said they are BARELY hanging on..

I am cold all the time... It's totally wierd how those extra pounds insulate you!

I spend lotsa money on the clothing.. Matter of fact I need to go buy more!

I do notice more guys lookin my way these days.

I like my picture to be taken. I no longer hide behind someone! I'm right out in front!

I am not so out of breath after a little exertion

I can shop in the Junior section

ohhh... there are sooooo many things...

I'll stop here ... for now anyway!
  • Funny one: DH is "in the mood" more often!!
    (Sorry if thats too much information! )
  • Quote: Funny one: DH is "in the mood" more often!!
    (Sorry if thats too much information! )
    I have a couple thing I'd like to type to your post. And

Mez
  • I got cheekbones!
    My eyes still close when I smile too big, but I got cheekbones. Come and laugh with me!

DH? Well I will leave that to the imagination
    Chris

• Tee hee!!

Love the pic in your profile, too. You look fantastic!

So what is that beautiful piece of furniture behind you? I kept trying to see what the books were on the floor, too. Just snoopy, I guess.
  • Chris... You look wonderful!!!
  • Chris - you look great!! I LOVE the picture of you laughing too!!! You rock!!!
  • Quote: Tee hee!!

Love the pic in your profile, too. You look fantastic!

So what is that beautiful piece of furniture behind you? I kept trying to see what the books were on the floor, too. Just snoopy, I guess.
    Piles and piles of OA literature, The Dance by Oriah Mountain Dreamer (check out the poety on her web site), Yoga magazines, My Journal/Step work, and the one thing that would piss my sponsor off Muscle and Fitness Hers, and of course my workout log another thing my sponsor and I are going rounds about. Darn I am rebellious lately

Chris
  • My ring fell off in the shower today for the first time. WOOOO HOOOO!!!
  • Chris - You look HOT!

Howie - A ring just falling off is HUGE! Now we just need for your clothes to fall off... Oh dear, I didn't mean it to sound like that.. but i'm sure you know what I mean I want my clothes to fall off too.
  • WELL! That did catch my attention but at last I do know what you mean. LOL
  • Howie and Celina -- you guys are funny --

I'm just over a third of the way through my journey, so I'm sure I'm going to encounter a lot more surprising changes along the way, but these are some things I've noticed so far:
    • I always used to be ROASTING, and now I'll suddenly feel so cold!
    • I can scratch my feet while driving my car! (Odd, I know, but it seems to come up a lot! )
    • I can turn around in the seat more easily now while driving, so I find it easier to back up, pull out, switch lanes, etc.
    • I'm so much lighter on my feet now -- I hop up on curbs, run up steps, etc...I'm not just more agile, I actually FEEL LIGHTER! (I didn't think about that.)
    • My earlobes are thinner!
    • Definitely the ring thing....Soon I'll need to get my commitment ring resized -- I would just die if I lost it!
    • My feet shrank!
    • My lap is bigger, so I hold my animals on my lap differently now!
    • It's easier to carry the laundry basket -- and everything else, for that matter!
    • Soooooo much less back pain -- it's not eliminated, but it's greatly reduced. (I expected relief eventually, but not this soon.)
    • I don't retain water all the time like I did.
    • I smile a lot more now, and I am much more like the old Sarah
    • I don't stand as still when I'm standing now; I move around more (shake the butt, dance, etc.)
    • No more huffing and puffing from simple exertion, THANK GOD!
    • I'm flirting more, and just generally feel more self-confident

I'm sure I'm missing something, but already I've put down more than I'd expected to!