Looking for a buddy

• Hey all, Im new to the site, stumbled across it and thought it looked rather useful. Im from Maryland, US/Manchester, UK... its a long story. Ive been struggling with my weight for awhile now, and Im hoping to lose about 50 pounds. Seems like a lot now, but maybe Ill start making smaller goals for myself along the way. I work at a fitness center, which makes it a bit ironic that Im overweight. But so far Ive given up soda, ice cream, and chocolate (was a major dairy queen junkie). Also, Im going to start jumping rope tomorrow on my break. I want to turn my lifestyle around before its too late.. Anyone out there want a buddy?
  • Hi Bec, Welcome to the site. I stumbled across it not too long ago aswell - and it is brilliant for support. Working in a fitness centre you will have a good opportunity to get some excercise, which aswell as healthy eating really helps. So are you originally from the UK?
  • Um well, I was actually born in the US. Lived in the UK when I was little. Came back to the US when I was 6 and started school here. So now I spend summer and holidays in the UK, and thats where Im moving back to next summer.
  • Welcome to both of you!

We are glad to have you with us!

Congrats on taking the first steps towards a new you!