Journal/Food Exercise Challenge: 30 Days in June!!! Huzzah! Be there or be square ...

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Strange Day
    Thursday
    1 1/2 servings mixed Kashi w/2% milk
    strawberries
    slimfast meal bar
    nectarine
    grilled cheese sandwich
    1/2 serving carrots
    small piece of cake
    1 1/2 svgs lite ice cream
    1 piece chewy candy

No exercise to speak of except "running" to appointments. Good amount of water but still on the low side. Still working on that.
  • Argh! I stopped eating today at 3 pm...nothing bad really just bingy....I wonder why it is when we are close to a goal we sabbotage? Good thing I had to go to work where there isn't ANY FOOD!

8 oz hot 1% milk w/instant coffee
    3/4 c cantaloupe
    1 oz skim mozz cheese

3 3" crisps with pate
    1 c crispex cereal...dry (I needed some gum!)
    2 hamburger patties...plain and cold
    1 banana
    1 pear
    1 diet can coke
    1 c couscous salad
    1/2 c potato salad

1 med apple

1 bottle diet lime coke 12 oz

500 ml water

1 road walk

There is left over choclate cake in the fridge just a 'callin' my name darn it....and spinach dip, and tortilla chips and cookies....but I resisted. Crispex helped. I could feel myself cruisin' the kitchen....that's tough eh Eydie....However I think I'm still good...gonna go and check over on the 21 day challenge.

Ceara
  • Thursday:
    Kind of a crazy day but not totally bad!!!!!! But some interesting choices I guess!
    Kasha cereal puffed wheat w/ few fresh blueberries and milk
    Ultra Yogurt
    1 lg. slice pizza vegetables
    4 chicken wings
    salad with Italian dressing a bit of blue cheese
    chicken grilled
    1 corn on the cob dab of I can't believe its butter
    ultra yogurt
    1 fudgie
    Its hard when your office has lunchoens because if the goodies are there I have no will power. But its better to have some than deprive ones self too often or then I really bunge and fall way off that wagon! Fridays another day I am not sure how to count todays. Little exercise 20 min . walking , bit of gardening.
  • June 10---Thursday
    coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
    2 small ww tortillas w/ lite cheese, soy 'sausage', spinach, onions

1 cup corn soup
    soy 'ribs' w/ barbecue sauce
    cherries

spinach, onion, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, feta, humuus on ww pita

snax: 1/2 cup trail mix [cherries, cranberries, almonds, pecans]
    low-fat ice cream sandwich

calories: 1695
    exercise: 45 min. walk
    30 min. bellydance video
    15 min. dumbells
  • OK, I AM GOING FOR A MINI PERSONAL BEST CALORIC CHALLENGE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OF NO MORE THAN 1699 CALORIES! FOR THE REASON, PLEASE REFER TO MY REVISED POSTING ON THURSDAY!!! HUZZAH!

Oh, was I shouting? How rude!
  • June 11--Friday
    coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
    2 small ww tortillas w/ 5 layer bean dip, spinach

1 serving tortilla chips
    banana w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

salad [lettuce, vegs, feta, ff Italian, chik patty]

snax: 2 cup cheerios
    peppermint patty
    small piece brocolli quiche

calories: 1545
    exercise: 200 crunches
    20 min. yoga
  • Friday
    Slimfast shake
    strawberries
    open face tuna melt on ww
    applesauce
    1 1/2 svg fr yogurt
    salad w/forked on pepperparmesan
    crab cake w/sm portion Tartar sauce
    onion rings
    roll/butter (yes, though I almost never do this)
    diet jello/cool whip

50 minutes pool exercise - lots of water
  • PERSONAL BEST 1699 OR BUST TWO-DAY CHALLENGE:

Whole wheat Eng muff w/btr spray 140
    EAS van cc shake 100

EAS van cc shake 100
    Pria bar 110

Lean Cuisine chicken carbonara 270

EAS van cc shake 100
    2 Pria bars 220

EAS van cc shake 100
    Pria bar 110

Greek mini pizza (spinach, sundried tom, fontina ch) 250
    EAS van cc shake 100

Shake: 2/3 c mixed berries, Splenda, T wheat germ, water, ice 85

Total 1685

Exercise: 10 & 60 weight room w/trainer
  • Friday was not a good day total mess up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was distracted by all the things others were eating and joined right in! I am not even going to put it in its a waste of time and effort lets just say it was a wash!!!!!!!!!!!!! From fried fish no french fries though to dill chips with the hubby! Its not fair to have a husband who can eat anything he wants and never in his life have to worry about calories, fat , carbs etc. okay I am all done whining and its time to jump on again. It won't be easy as I'm off for a day with the girl friends but I will try to not be totally stupid with my food choices. I will be getting some exercise walking.
    Skyfirefly I know there is brighter scale days ahead just have to work at it!
  • Yup, there be brighter days ahead, Skyfirefly, never fear! It IS annoying about these people who just eat what they want and never gain weight, isn't it! Hope thou hast a good day with the gal pals and I think you're doing great!

Ok, my two-day personal best challenge sizzled out today ... I swear I'm gonna just eat in the 1600 range starting tomorrow and not stop until I reach my goal! Dunno. That's not a promise, just a thought. I did briefly consider Milky Way Midnight bars when I was shopping but found some caramel Prias, which aren't all that healthy but an improvement. I need to eat a more balanced diet. Soon.

Plugging in some fake numbers in my spreadsheet for the two binge days I had, my average for the week was an estimated 1950 cal ... I exceeded my goal of 330 exercise minutes by 45 and may adjust that upward next week after I see where I am weightwise.

So it's been an informative week.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and if that Demon Scale is not good to me, he's a lamp! Here's my damage:

EAS van cc shake 100
    2 Pria bars 220

Greek mini pizza 250

EAS van cc shake 100
    Pria bar 110

EAS van cc shake 100
    2 Pria bars 220

Greek mini pizza 250

EAS van cc shake 100
    2 Pria bars 220

EAS van cc shake 100
    2 Pria bars 220

Total 1990

Exercise: Gym ~ 45 min , 5 min abs (planks, hanging leg raises, hip flex machine)
  • Saturday
    coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
    brocolli quiche [made this with lo-fat stuff!]
    1 'sausage'

almond granola bar

corn-veg. soup
    ww tortilla w/ 5 layer-bean dip

1 serving tortilla chips

4 homemade spring rolls w/ peanut sauce

calories: 1815
    exercise: 55 min. cardio-sculpt video

My calories are way up. I really think that i'm eating more because of the fatigue I'm feeling in the mid. of the afternoon.
  • 2 Greek mini pizzas (spinach, sundried tom, fontina ch) 500
    EAS van cc shake 100

2 Pria bars 220
    EAS van cc shake 100

2 Pria bars 220
    2 EAS van cc shakes 200

2 EAS van cc shakes 200

Grilled chick breast 110

Total 1650

Exercise: 20 min walk

Goal for this week: 350 min of exercise
  • Sunday
    Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
    1 cup fresh fruit juice
    low-fat brocolli quiche
    1 'sausage'

soy 'ribs' w/ barbecue sauce
    cabbage-soba salad w/ almonds

1 spring roll w/ peanut sauce
    corn-veg. soup

snax: 2 cups watermelon
    2 serv. coconut covered marshmallows

calories: 1545
    water: 7 glasses
    exercise: 30 min. step video
  • Well its Monday and I guess I'd better get serious once again with this goal I have! The weekend is was really nice good friends, lots of laughs and girl talk and of course foods that were out of the norm! But sometimes we need to have a good time and we all deserve a break. My girl friend Sue was very helpful with buying me a chocolate chip cookie she said quote well at least it was from the health food store. I said yah cause they take all the calories out huh? Oh well I am off to at least a good start today and hopefully that will get me through my day.
    1 piece whole wheat toast with almond peanut butter Oh good!
    coffee and Kasha cereal puffed wheat
    Have a good day everyone!
    Skyfirefly
  • Yo!!!! Yowza! Sis boom bah!!! Happy Monday, Journalettes! Since I'm working in mountains tonight, wanted to simplify and report exercise now as I'm done unless I take a walk or something. Will be back with menu later or tomorrow:

Monday's exercise: Gym: 20 , 40 weight room (UB focus but did some legs and planks); Home: 20 Wai Lana yoga.

Intend to stay on track caloriewise today as I'm sick and tired of messing around and want to reach my goal ... that said, I DID have two donuts, but counted them and they WERE cake donuts, not the much higher cal raised kind!