Sex

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • alright so this might be a little forward....thought it might catch some attention though can sex count as exercise?!?? lol Please say yes. I wont go into details from here but with all the work put into it ....i would say...good cardio? (lol or am i doing it wrong )
  • Shell i agree 100% always feels like a workout to me. i have actually posted marathon booty night as my exercise in alternachicks.
  • **** I did a calories check on a website it said u only burn 2 cals per mintue feels like much more to me...........
    Heather
  • Boy, what an attention-getting title!! I have to concur w/ Heather: I, too, have read that it burns very little calories.
  • I just went to fitday.com and looked up sexual activity.

Here's what I found:

10 minutes - Sexual activity, Passive, light effort, kissing, hugging= 0 calories burned

10 minutes - Sexual activity, General, moderate effort = 4 calories burned

10 minutes - Sexual activity, Active, vigorous effort = 7 calories burned

Well - I guess I'd rather be walking
  • Yeah; I'm not sure many folks have the energy (or stomach) for what would qualify as "vigorous activity" :-O

• well thats a bummer. It feels like A LOT more than that. oh well. wont count on that as exercise for my day anymore! HAHA thanks for the research guys.
  • Well..this sucks. I always thought it was one of those good exercises too..like swimming or jump rope. Pfooey!! That's it...hubby gets cut off now!!

Kidding kidding!!!!!!!
  • Quote: . Pfooey!! That's it...hubby gets cut off now!!

Kidding kidding!!!!!!!
    sure he would just love that!
  • i did fit day too it said i burn 2 at that huh maybe it does with how much u weigh coz the more u weigh the more u burn..........
  • I think they are #'s for women... Now that I think about it...Men might be able to count this as a "vigorus healthy exercise."
    It has been medically proven that if a man has 1-2x a week of healthy sexual activity, he reduces his chances of Prostate/Testicular/Bladder/Male Genitilia cancer significantly. This is due to the fact that these areas are being "cleansed out" regularly. Interesting, huh...
  • I would think it would depend upon the position and where your at in this position
  • Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I heard that you burn 450 calories for an avg 8 hour sleep, yet 10 mins of vigorous sexual activity burns only 7 calories?? I'm gonna have to disagree with fitday.
  • Just to be safe, I'm now vowing to only have sex while out hiking.

Either way, it will count as exercise.
  • Fitday matches most sources I've checked. Sorry, folks. Sex isn't aerobics, unless you are constantly moving, vigorously, for over 20 minutes straight.