Yay! I exercised today! April

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Wednesday, April 14, 2004: rest
    Thurday, April 15, 2004: 30 minutes treadmill, jogging. 30 minutes elliptical. 30 minutes treadmill, walking on incline.
  • Wednesday:

Bowling. 174 184 116. to that last game!! hahahaha
  • After taking a couple days off because of a horrible cold, I climbed back on my GAZELLE today.
  • Thursday...30 minutes of pilates
  • rapid speed cleaning most of day. took old queen bed outta kid's room, set up new bunk beds ( by myself) and so much more didn't stop moving until after 3 hours at least. the sun was shining i couldn't help myself. must clean..
  • I cut the back yard today... Least I could do since the other portion of the day I have been asleep. Our back yard is about 3/4 an acre on just enough of a slope to kick you butt while push mowing it. My next door neighbor whom I have nevet met kept looking over, or should I say peaking over to make sure I was still breathing. Tell you what it kicked my butt.
  • Friday, April 16, 2004: 45 minutes treadmill on incline. I must have hurt my neck earlier this week, it's so stiff and sore I can't turn my head. So I'm dialing it down until Monday. Bummer.
  • Saturday, April 17, 2004: 45 minutes walk/jog treadmill on incline. Neck is starting to feel better. I always seem to injure the right trap, upper and lower, in the same places. Why?
  • Walking for 45 minutes today.

Seek...how did you hurt your neck? Maybe be it is in the same place all the time because you have a habit of moving a certain way that you are not aware of.
  • to the park today to walk the track., and let the kids play and burn there energy at the park, and collect straw for my besom. multi tasking gotta love it.
  • Quote: Seek...how did you hurt your neck? Maybe be it is in the same place all the time because you have a habit of moving a certain way that you are not aware of.
    I don't know, Mauvais, I wish I did. There's just a certain spot in the deep levels of the upper right trap that gets torn and then seizes up the whole neck. Ditto for a certain spot on the lower right trap near the spine.

I guess I should go to a sports medicine doctor. A regular doc will only say "don't do that anymore" which is no help at all, since I don't know what I did to cause the injury! Thanks for asking, it's starting to feel much better today.
  • Seek, I'm glad your neck is starting to get better! I know how painful that can be.

Had a great, 1 hour cardio workout at the gym today. Started running again. And I'm not dying on the elliptical anymore.
  • Way to go ellis! BTW check your private messages dahling...

Glad your neck is better Seek!
  • Thanks, everyone!

Sunday, April 18, 2004: 30 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes treadmill on incline. Tomorrow if all goes well I'll start my training program, learning to run again, not just a walk/jog. I found a ten week interval-training program on the Runner's World web site. I'm going to try that first. If all goes well I could be running by July 4th weekend. If I'm really lucky, I could maybe enter a 3K by Labor Day!
  • Did my Gazelle and I am eating "Clean". --Pookie

SEEK, I would love to try an elliptical -- they look like fun.