Can you spare a prayer or two?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • we say it over and over and over again: this is NOT an easy surgery. it's NOT a magic pill. it has risks. and tomorrow, one of my friends in support group is having her gastric bypass undone. she's had nothing but SERIOUS, UNCORRECTABLE problems from day one: nutritional deficiencies that didn't respond to vitamins, anemia, nerve damage, and now ulcers in her tiny tummy.

please PLEASE keep her in your thoughts as she has this dangerous procedure done tomorrow, with the hope that she will regain her health, no matter what size she ends up at.
  • Jiff she will be in my thoughts and prayers!
  • YO....JIFF!!!!

You can count on my good thoughts for your friend...What type of plan does she plan on following after she has the undone???

BOB
  • My prayers are with you and her family. How long ago did she have the surgery? I didn't think this could be undone.
  • Of course I will put her in my prayers, hopefully this will work out for her.
  • she's two years post op. and i don't know what she's planning to do afterwards, but i will be able to find out. she's really had a horrible time.

as for it being un-doable.. it's a very tough surgery, and very few docs can or will attempt it. it's not something you decide to do because you've reached your goal and now you think you're ready to eat again.

i'll pass along all your good wishes, and keep you all posted as wel..

thank you thank you thank you. she's a real sweetie...
  • your friend is in my thoughts and prayers. With so many well wishes, I'm sure she'll be fine. Such a long road behind her and in front of her. I wish her only the best.
    DonnaD
  • Jiff, whats her name ? she is in my prayers.
  • cheryl. and i haven't heard yet how she's doing...

thank you thank you thank you
  • jiff, you can count on her being put in my prayers.
  • Jif, pass mine along too. She sounds like she's been through the wringer and deserves a break. I hope the surgery goes well.
    Chickadee
  • Praying for Cheryl again today..........
  • I will pray not only for your friend but for the Doctor or Doctors performing the surgery on your friend.

Cin
  • My thoughts and prayers will also be with Cherly, Jiffy, as well as all her loved ones. Please let us know when her surgery is completed and how she is recovering.
    CyberHugs to you, her dear worried friend,
    ST
  • So......Jiff....how is she doing?

peach