New to the beach

• Good Morning Everyone!
    I am brand new here today ( although I have been lurking for a few days).
    I am somewhat goofy as I thought I made a post introducing myself...but I am not sure where it is! So I'm trying again!
    My name is Jan & I started the SBD last Thursday the 8th, and doing pretty well so far...I did slip a tiny bit on Sunday, but got right back on track Monday.
    I am 40 years old...single mom...5'5"...starting weight 159...goal is 139 or better! I got thru Phase 1 last July & lost 14 lbs...then promptly came down with walking pneumonia and was sick as a dog...the diet naturally fell by the wayside & I gained all 14, plus a bit more back.
    I am now healthy & strong once again & ready to stick with it.
    I love your forum...you all sound like such strong, wonderful women.
    I look forward to sharing with you.
  • Welcome, Jan. We are glad you came out of lurkdom and introduced yourself.
    You'll love it here on The Beach. (The cabana boys will show up as soon as it warms up a bit!)
  • Jan, welcome! I don't remember your first post... it MUST have got lost.
    No, Ruth, I did NOT accidentally delete it! Jan, you're not the only goofy one around here.
  • dessert
    Thanks for the welcomes!
    It's nice to know that there is support out there.
    I have a question...
    I tried making the ricotta desserts from the SBD book...I find them totally
    horrifying! I would rather not eat anything than suffer thru those!
    Maybe it's just me...
    But does anyone have have sweet "acceptable" alternatives for a Phase 1 dessert? (I seem to really need something sweet after dinner!)
    Thanks,
    Jan
  • Jan, some folks hate the texture. I add some pasteurized egg white to thin it a bit.
    On the other hand, try sugarfree Jello or sf fudgsicles. Remeber you can have up to 75 calories of a "sweet" treat, preferably made with Splenda or stevia. Remember you can have fruit on Phase II so hang in there.