Let's Get to Goal Weight 2022

You're on Page 19 of 19
Go to
  • Hello L&Ls mom, Wannabehealthy and KStrong. I haven't been around for a while, but I remember all three of you.

I want to start posting again with some regularity going into 2023, so thought I'd post a "where I've been" first.

So from 2018-2019, over about 18ish months, I lost from 267.4 down to a low of 167.6, so just shy of 100 pounds. Then, in late 2019, my mom had surgery. She's also my boss, so my focus inadvertantly shifted from taking care of myself, to taking care of both her and the job, which I was doing mine and hers. I gained a little weight.

Then the pandemic hit, and I gained a lot. I had Covid between vaccine shot 1 and booster shot 1, and it was rough, but I recovered. I also had to have emergency gallbladder removal surgery in the summer of 2021, and they had to open me up, so I spent 5 days in the hospital. So 2021 was hard for me medically. I reached a high weight of 233 (which was still about 35 down from my highest, which was at least a minor win that I didn't gain it all back). I maintained at 233 pounds for quite a few months, but couldn't get the scale moving downward again.

In March 2022, my doctor and I decided that I might benefit from Ozempic, so I went on that, and it was life changing. I've been losing with very little effort or suffering. I get full on a lot less, I'm never starving, and I don't think about food all the time. This process taught me that I have Leptin Resistance, which I didn't know before. Ozempic treated it and that made a HUGE difference in my success. There are side effects, which I battle against, but it has been worth it for me.

So 2022 has been a good year. I'm into the 179s as of this week, which means that I'm back down over 53 pounds of the 65ish I regained. I'm only 12 pounds away from my lowest I've seen, which was in 2019. I was plateaued at 183 for about 6 weeks, but over the last few weeks I've started moving down again. I'm going to Hawai'i for the first time next month, and am very excited to be going at 175ish pounds instead of 233 or 267 pounds.

I'd love to get down under 150 eventually, so that will be my 2023 goal to reach for, but honestly, if I could just get under 160, I'd be thrilled, because that would move me out of "overweight". My PCOS belly will never go away entirely, but at this point, that's where the majority of my excess weight is being carried, so every pound lost will help.

So that's how I've been. I checked in on the site from time to time this year, but it wasn't working very well, so I didn't ever post, but it seems to be fixed now, so going into 2023, I'd like to get back to checking in, at least periodically.

Merry Christmas this week everyone.
  • Thanks y'all for your exercise kudos. I'm finding more and more issues which scares me as I always wonder if it is just new arthritis, getting older or I've pulled something.

Carol - I know how hard it is to avoid carbs especially this time of year and then getting over being sick on top of it. I used to always have more carbs whenever I felt bad.

L&L's Mom - You are rocking those low 160's and again, during the holidays makes that super sweet! When 2023 rolls around you will be extra proud unlike some of us (me!). You are the around here!!! You get tons more exercise than I do during your busy day so I have to push myself or I'd be constantly sitting which is terrible for our health.

Lacerta - Great to see you again! You have been on quite the adventure. It sounds like you have really done great though! So happy that you've found what works for you. I'm sure you look awesome in the 170's. I'm a little shorter and that was a good feel good weight for me.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Hey fam!

Nothing new to report, today I was 162.0. Since it's 11 days to the end of the year 160 doesn't seem do-able anymore, but it doesn't really matter I will work on next year's goal which I guess will be 155? Sometimes I still can't believe this is my life. Me wearing size 12 jeans! So amazing to me!

Lacerta Welcome back to 3FC! Your name does sound familiar to me. Our numbers are very similar. I am 5'8. My high just over two years ago was 264. I have been higher than that even but most of my adult years I have been in the mid 200 pound range. I am glad you have most of the original weight loss back off again! I know you will be so proud to have those pics taken in Hawaii. You know there will be tons of pics and videos and you won't want to hide from the camera. (At least I used to anyway at my highest weight).

KStrong Thanks again for all your praise and cheerleading! I want to be co-queen with you soon! Come on girl and get your crown too! I do have to admit I think about this time last year hoping to be 199 hopefully this time next year I can say I kept it off and (or lost even a bit more).
  • L&L's Mom - Having nothing new to report is actually a good thing this time of year! Yay for size 12s!!! I appreciate your rah rahs.

I want to go on and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
  • Hi everyone. Welcome back Lacerta. I know I've posted with you in the past. You've been through a lot but you're back on track now. The new year is going to be successful for all of us.

L&Lsmom, one of my goals for the new year is to feel like you do when I look in the mirror. I'm old, but its never too late. I don't know what my goal weight is. I was very happy in the 130s but I was in my 30s and I don't think that weight is realistic now at my age. If I'm losing and feel good I won't force myself to stop, but I think 150 ish is good.

KStrong, another goal for me for next year is to prioritize exercise and burn more than I consume like you do. No excuses. I used to exercise regularly and feel much better when I do.

My third goal is to get my house cleaned and organized the way I want it. Keep it uncluttered but deep clean every room down to the cupboards one at a time. I've let it get so out of hand. I also need to give my recliner a rest.

I bought 2 pairs of size 12 jeans on clearance. I can get them on, but not to wear in public! I'm comfortably in 14s now. My upper body is where I carry my fat...my butt and legs are small in comparison. I hope to wear those pants by spring. Maybe late spring.

So I'm over my Covid and ready for next year's thread.

• I hope everyone had a nice weekend/holiday and made it through the Arctic Blast okay!

Carol - Nice goals! I'm a bit of a neat freak so I stay pretty organized, but I don't "deep clean" like I should and I'd like to get better about dusting things that never look dusty, etc.

I hope you all have a great last week of 2022!
  • Kstrong, where do you lift? Do you have equipment at home?

I am up 1 lb over Christmas weekend and I think its from sodium in the ham.
  • Carol, one pound is wonderful! I wish I could say that. I have assorted dumbbells and a resistance band that I usually use.
  • NEW 2023 thread

I hope everyone is having a good final week of 2022!

If I don't talk to y'all before...
  • Last weigh in of 2022.

• Carol - Outstanding job!