November Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • November can be challenging, but we can continue our weight loss goals with attentiveness and determination.

Join the November Weight Loss Challenge to set your goal, track it, and meet it -- with the help of a supportive and encouraging group. All the goals will be compiled into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

This thread is for weight loss goals. For your exercise goals, check out our sister thread: November Exercise Challenge
  • Thanks for the thread Joy.

Hi - i'm joining in this month! I've been 57.3kg (126lb) the last couple of days, and by the end of November i want to be in the 55's (<123lb).
    My strategy is to cut down a lot on snacks/sugar/alcohol and consider calories more closely. I also joined a DietBet kickstarter challenge so that's motivating me for the diet overhaul for the next couple of weeks. Challenges are that i can't move! Had a knee op a few weeks ago that seems to have gone wrong, so i've been on crutches for a few weeks, and waiting in high anticipation on the report from last nights MRI to see what the prognosis is!

SW 126
    CW 126
    TW <123
  • I hope Your ankle is better GardenerJoy. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 168.8
    CW: 168.8
    GW: 158.8

• SW 126
    CW 125
    TW <123
    slight drop this morning, which means the whoosh i had on Friday has stuck
  • My goal for November is to lose 4.8 lbs. Good luck everyone

SW: 152.8
    CW: 152.8
    GW: 148
  • Happy Monday everyone

Gardner Joy - Thanks again for the thread.

My goal for November is to reach 194. I didn't make my goal last month but am hoping to do it this month.

Start weight - 196.8
    Current weight - 196.8
    Goal for Nov - 194.0
  • November goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

3: 86.25 kgs
  • SW 126
    CW 124
    TW <123

inching the grams off at the moment - the plan is working
    on the downside i found out last night that my wonky knee is now fractured, so crutches for me for the next 4-6 weeks
  • ange82much: So sorry about your knee! That's going to be a lot to deal with. A working plan is a good thing to have in that situation.
  • thanks Joy, yep it's been stopping me exercising for a few months already, so that's why i really need to ditch the lbs now (because i've recently put quite a lot on, and because it's one thing that's going to give me positive results whilst i can't work on any fitness goals) - what happened to your ankle?
  • ange82much: I just slipped off the sidewalk and twisted it. It will get better, but I'm surprised how long that it's taking. Walking is fine, but I'm hesitant to do anything (yoga, dance) that expects a full-range of motion.
  • Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 168.8
    CW: 167.8 (- 1)
    GW: 158.8

• Gardenerjoy and ange82much - hope your ankle and knee get better soon

SW: 152.8

CW: 152.4 (-.4)
    GW: 148
  • Happy Friday Everyone.

Gardener Joy: I hope you knee is better.

All is going good for me so far in Nov. I've been following the WW plan and have been doing pretty good lately with tracking and staying within my points range. I have one more week before I retire and I am soooo excited about that.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Start weight - 196.8
    Current weight - 195.6
    Goal for Nov - 194.0
  • up 200g this morning - but it was 'date night' last night, and hubby and i went to the pub (the closest one is only 300 yards away so i hobbled round there on crutches!). I had a couple of glasses of wine and some chicken wings so the salt/alcohol combo is probably to blame, but all within The Plan so i'm fine with that.

Oooohhh Gettinfit, you're about to retire?!! What's your job been, and what are your plans now? No wonder you're excited - i've got a few more years probably, but super-looking forward to it myself!!