1520 days to go...

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • Merry Christmas!

Had a great day but I was up another pound this morning. Seems like my inner saboteur manage to stage a silent coup. Didn't track today so I am assuming that I am over calorie wise. Going to the rec center first thing tomorrow morning.

Our friends who usually host the Christmas Eve get together (not this year- COVID) had some excitement at their house. A shirtless drunk guy was throwing up on their lawn and the police were there - yikes. Makes for a strange holiday story for a strange year!

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

Again just assuming I am over calorie wise because I didn't track. Pulled out an old faded pair of exercise pants today. They are so old the elastic crinkled and then failed. I guess I'll need to start looking for new workout clothes. Still disappointed the company stopped making my favorite style.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

I think this is a first in weeks and possibly months. I created a calorie deficit on my rest (no exercise) day. I have this week off of work and I want to tackle my cluttered corners. It will be challenging because I am not good at de-cluttering. My daughter was pet sitting a friends dog the last few days. Our 'house guest' left today. He is a cute little guy but would bark at my husband any time he saw him. My husband is a dog whisper type. Up until we met this little guy, I would have said all dogs love my husband.

Rest
    Calorie Deficit

No balance today. I picked carefully for dinner to stay within my calorie count. It turned out to have an awful taste/texture. It was unexpectedly off for tried and true best picks to stay within my calorie allotment. I tried to spruce things up to no avail. Then when I bit my lip very hard, it was over. I didn't care about my choices any more. What a silly thought process but that's what happened.

On a bright note, the scale was back to my posted loss this morning. Tomorrow is another day to show up.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

On-track so far for today. I hope it stays that way. The way I say that makes it sound like I have no control over my diet. The unpleasant reality is I don't. I can only try but I give in so often and in those instances I feel like it is out of my control. For me the key definitely seems to be getting into a good routine so I rely less on willpower. I have very little willpower.

A while ago there was a weight loss version of the show Extreme Makeover. There was formula they used for the setting weight loss goals. The participant had three months to lose 50% of their weight loss goal. Then they had the next three months to lose 33% of their weight loss goal. In the last three months, they were to lose 17% of it. I was looking at the numbers to see if it was feasible for me to do this. It's not, mostly due to the afore mentioned minimal supply of willpower. However, it is not an unreasonable goal for an average person. For someone who needed to lose 42 pounds, it would 7 pounds per month, then about 5 pounds per month followed by roughly 2 pounds per month. 273 days and BOOM- done!

I have to be realistic. My goal was a loss of 2 pounds per month and I averaged a loss of 1.3 pounds per month through November. This month my intent was to work really hard but I am looking at a gain for the month.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

Looking good for today. I was working on list of things I could do better for this journey and (oh my!) it is endless. I'll need to narrow it down to things I am capable of managing without losing the momentum I have.

It is still not looking good for a loss or maintain this month. So much for going out strong....

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • Pipsicle, if you were working with a personal trainer and knew that the,show was going to be broadcast for all to see that might override your lack of willpower and provide incentive to do it.
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Working on a manageable plan for the new year. Covid restrictions are set to lessen next week so that will help me.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

Why yes, I have been rather quiet on my month end results, mostly because I don't like them. I've gained two or three pounds this month depending on which day I pick. Since I don't like either choice much, I am going to wait until my official weigh-in day, Sunday, to see if I get a better number. It is all at lot of nonsense trying to pick the best day. However, it holds an important psychological motivation for me if I can show a maintain.

Remember yesterday when I said I was working on an manageable plan for the new year. Well, I should really listen to myself. The plan I came up with is not manageable for me but I am engaging in magical thinking. Part of me, which apparently does not know the rest of me at all, thinks it will work. Currently trying not to laugh at that blithely optimistic part of me because it really is endearing to still have faith in myself somewhere deep down. My results clearly state otherwise so all aboard the disappointment train I guess. Fingers crossed, breath held and knuckles white....onward and downward!

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

Had a nice walk with a friend today. Because of my new braces, I was able to keep up. In addition, I was pain free afterward. Previously without my braces, my ankles would hurt a lot and I would limp for days after such a walk. I am working on de-cluttering a bunch of paperwork that has stacked up. One of my cats seems to be taking joy in jumping through the piles so they fly off the table. Her other tactic is to sweep things on the floor with her tail.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

For the month, I have a two pound gain. I've decided not to mess with my November number. If I did, I could say I only had a one pound gain. For the year, I lost a total of 13.5 pounds. For me, that is great! Even better, I have lost weight two years in a row. Progress!

In 2018, I took a weight loss class and gained ten pounds- ugh! I hope the instructor didn't take it personally.

Rest
    Calorie Deficit

My decluttering of small stuff is going painfully slowly. However, a charity picked up a bunch of furniture for us today. The extra room is fantastic. I feel like losing weight is decluttering of the body.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • Quote: 537...

My decluttering of small stuff is going painfully slowly. However, a charity picked up a bunch of furniture for us today. The extra room is fantastic. I feel like losing weight is decluttering of the body.
    Hi there, it seems we struggle with similar areas --- decluttering, foot/ankle pain, weight.
    It is quite exciting to have STUFF (furniture in this case) removed, relinquished, released.
    It frees us up. And then to have a whole new room ... PROGRESS!!
    I agree with your statement about losing weight is decluttering of the body ... FREEDOM!
    Have a great day ---
  • hi ... from another hoarder. yes, everytime i get rid of stuff (no matter low little) i feel a sense of accomplishment and freedom. i have to be careful though that i ont gather up more stuff to replace the stuff that i just got rid of ! does sound a bit like weight management, doesn't it ?

Let's review. The following is true for the average person:

eat healthy + exercise = feel better

Here's my equation:

eat healthy + exercise = feel awful

I live a paradoxical life. I have been doing really well the past few days with my diet and exercise. My reward is a stunning headache and more fatigue. A journey to a healthier life is typically self-motivating. Eat a little better, exercise a little bit and feel better so you want to continue. It is much more challenging to continue on a path where things feel worse especially in our instant gratification society. I will do my best to stay the course but really want to see a good result on the scale on weigh-in day. So far the daily weigh-ins have not shown a loss.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit