12 Regainers regaining control and losing!

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • New thread people!

Welcome whomever is looking to jump in and continued welcome to all of us who do the battle daily!

Link to old thread here

Look forward to continuing support for everyone!
  • Morning all

No I’m not weighing in. Forget it I’m fat right now I can tell by my waistband. So for the rest of the week I am focusing on IF and keeping busy. All my travel should be out of the way except for monthly visits to see my mom. The rest of the time I am at the house and I will try my best!

Pirate: the wonky air conditioning sounds horrible. Are you in a hospital setting? That’s got to be the worst those windows never open! Yeah for pounds lost! Keep up the good work!

Uber: I’m happy you are enjoying crafting a new look for yourself. What type of leather jacket - just a lightweight one or one that acts as a winter coat? What color? I’m still really hitting second hand shops. I’m picking up men’s cashmere sweaters - I had read and had a an ah-hah moment - when men are gifted these they generally don’t wear them so you can find them new. The ones I got are both cotton mixed but feel so nice and will work w my skinnies that I probably shouldn’t wear but I’m doing so because I am trying some new looks to me.

Toasted: how’s your rainy season? It’s sunny here today but the high is to be 60. But it’s lovely if that makes sense. I’ll be outside this morning readying for Halloween and also upcoming winter. Yuck. I don’t mind snow at first but by January it can go away. I’m pulling out plants that are annuals and prepping my dirt for next year. So movement in there for my daily grind!

Diane: has it finally cooled off by you? How was your family visit? How’s body pump?

Hello all - old, new and thinking about jumping in.

Am: well it’s going. I need to run a few quick errands in town and then get settled into all my outside stuff to do. I wanted to wait until a bit later due to the grass being wet but I’ll just have to lump it and get that portion done first and have wet feet or put on my kids rain boots and run out - I think I’ll do that instead! Solves the wet toe issue in my tennis shoes.

My foot looks lots better. I really don’t want to put a bandaid on today to let it keep dry and closing. But w yard work I need to bandage it on up. No need to have weird things making a home in it. I need my foot for the rest of my life.

Diet wise - I am trying to get back with IF - it works for me when I stick with it. It also really works if I walk in there - which hopefully by this weekend the foot will be happy enough to allow me to get a walk in. Even if it’s only 20 minutes. That’s something. Now if only to get through to the hubs that I need to be mindful of my foodstuffs. When he cooks it’s always heavy or fatty in the end. He means well! But he makes for what he has a taste for not caring on calories.

Ok well I best get dressed and deal with the world around me and se what I can get done. I’m hopeful it goes easily.

Happy day all!

Lemon: Thanks for starting the new thread. I am glad you took control! Hope all is going well with your errands and scheduling ortho. ugh!

As for me, I didn't have the greatest past 2 days. I'm tired and have lots of stuff on my mind. It makes it particularly hard to keep on track, for me. I didn't make it to spin this morning. No excuses, just tired. I'm not doing well with logging food, so I need to step up on that some. I don't know. Not a day for being positive and motivated.......
  • No weigh in

I made it through my IF no problem yesterday. Today I’d love some sweet but I’m choosing to ignore as best I can.

Diane: I’m sorry you are worried and eating with it. I do that all the time OFTEN. Hopefully today your outlook is better today and you can slay the day so to say. You can do it - even if you do one thing you are making headway!

Hello all!

Am: I did yard work for about 2 hours yesterday and stretched out my IF until 1130 and stopped eating in time at the other side of the window. Didn’t bother with the scale - I’ll just keep moving daily and trying my best through the weekend and will hop on Monday. I’m not getting water in other than coffee - it’s gotten cooler daily and I am currently preferring warmth over anything else.

Today will find me in the garden some more pulling things out and getting it ready for winter and adding leaves into it once they all fall. I don’t know why I’m interested in being one w the earth right now. I’ve gotten into making compost and seeing if I can improve my piece of earth. Who knows - it intrigues me of late that’s for sure.

Halloween costumes are readying in my mindseye. I make them yearly and I’ll be grabbing the fabric next week. And that means too I’ll also have to think of getting candy. Good gravy - candy in the house!

Foot is getting better but wearing a tennis shoe is still a problem. And flexing with constant walking is a bit of a bother yet - so exercise will be limited to yard work and crawling around out there.

May you all have a good morning and attack the world and diet - with gusto!
  • Hey everyone. Back from my disappearing act. Things got really busy with work. I had a workshop (or I should call it really a work chop, because all you do is work and eat), but anyway I had a week-long workshop outside my office and it ran like 16-18 hours a day everyday so there was no time for anything other than that. Since I ate ALL the things and had ALL the pastry and sweets during this workshop and could literally FEEL myself growing fat cells, I haven't been back on the scale this week (came back to work on Tuesday). Lovely therefore, that TOM is expected this weekend when I'm planning to get back on the scale. Oh well. It is what it is! It's life and while I have it, I have the opportunity to recomposition my body how I want it or not, it doesn't change what's important about me. That's what I keep telling myself.

The hardest part about the regain is having even my largest clothes feel tight on me. Nothing is more uncomfortable if you're me and like a relaxed fit thank clothes with the seams pressing into your body. Sigh. I'm working on it though. I've been back to eating paleo/whole foods only, and dropping my Coke Zero habit along with all the sweets and processed foods and like Lemon, trying to incorporate ALL the vegetables. I don't know how my body is reacting to any of that so far having not weighed in yet, but we'll see. Even if the scales don't cooperate, I know it's a healthier way to eat.

Diane: I hope your tooth situation with the root canal is now but a distant memory. I hope you're feeling better today. Some days are just very meh and the whole journey gets a bit emotionally exhausting. I'm feeling the struggle too so I understand. We're both due a little motivation and on-plan mojo!

Lemon: Yay new thread! Thanks for getting us started! Oh nooooo about your vacation! Too bad about the hurricant getting in the way of your vacation. What happens in these situations? Do they refund your money? Do they reschedule you? It can't be very convenient especially with kids in school, the windows of opportunity for leisure travel are so small. How's your foot? I hope it's feeling better! Who says you shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans??? Certainly not the plus size fashion influencers on the Gram! I like the boyfriend sweater/skinnies look OR the boyfriend sweater/leggings look. I think it's stylish and timeless. As for the rainy season here, I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERRRR ITTTT!!!!! GAHHHHH!!!! I'm tired of the wet. It rains every night, all night for like 12 hours at a go, and every morning so everywhere is a little flooded and damp and puddly and overcast. It's the most annoying thing. I'm not a fan of rain at the best of times but it's rained heavily every single day in September and I'm looking forward to the dry season. Unfortunately, that doesn't start till November and sometimes at the beginning the dry season doesn't kick in so it's not really dry till December. How's the weather where you are? When do you usually get your first snow? When I was in college in New England, the first snow was often mid-October and everyone would be excited till it began to snow for real and we were all OVER it by the end of November. How much more yard work do you have to get done?

Amanda: Hiiii!!! Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear how rough the last couple of years have been for you. I'm praying for strength and total healing of your heart and for joy and I'm so glad you're back! Yay 7lbs!!!! Whether it's water weight, bloat weight, salt weight, whatever the case, the changes you made triggered that! You can TOTALLY do this, Amanda and you're on your way.

Uber: Yay new clothes!!!! I understand the mental gymnastics of realizing you're wayyyyyyy smaller than you used to be, incomparably so, but also feeling huge. If anything, I got pickier and felt huger when I was smaller than when I was at my largest. It's not the best part of weight loss but you know what, you've worked hard to get to where you are, don't let the mind gremlin beyotch take that awat from you. Also YAY the cusp of Onederland! I'm hoping the scale has tipped you over into the 190s now and you're celebrating and bigging yourself up in some way. You've done so well! Are you on your trip yet? Safe travels, if so.

Okay guys, I've got to go. Things are still really busy at work but I missed you all and wanted to check in. Hugs to all.
  • Toasted: Oh boy. That sounds like a rough stretch of working for you! Hopefully you can get to a less intense schedule, so you have a little time for you. Sounds like you are making some headway in making better choices! I'm working on it.

Lemon: Working in the garden is always a good thing! Although as the season winds down, I am getting a little tired of yard work. Time for things to go hibernate for a while! My roses are still amazing, and there are some flowers that still look ok, but a lot of the potted ones are looking like trash. Time to pull those and put away the pots.

As for me, just muddling along this week. I'm kind of coasting, hoping for a regroup this weekend. That's all....
  • Yesterday food wise = bad kharma

Diane: roses! I love their spicey smell - yes they can be sweet but they also have a peppery smell to me. These I don’t grow - too futzy this far north and I loathe the winter cones. But they are beautiful. Do you just have bush type or vines? What’s your favorite? Color?

Toasted: you remember those 16 jeans I wore over winter into spring? Yeah yesterday I grabbed a pair to put on and couldn’t pull them up I think these are the one pair that’s a trimmer cut but still - that means I’ve gained back what I was happy w loosing. So I will be in the skinnies today because those fit except sometimes i feel kind are too tight on my swarthy calves. But enough on my crappy shape. Your rainy season - I get how one can tire of that easily. We have freeze warnings tonight. I really don’t want to turn on the furnace just yet. That sounds defeatist to me! So for us - it can snow any time mid to late October - it’s the worst to schlep through snow for Halloween (it’s happened). Usually the early ones melt quick but sometimes we just go into a deep freeze and winter is here.

Hello all!

Am: I had applied for a small part time gig, but haven’t heard back at all. You know when you think you have the right everything for a job and you never hear back? Kind of a downer.

My food intake yesterday by end of day was horrendous. I just wanted to eat everything and then some. Sometimes I wish there was something I could do that just turns off the thought process and sticking food in my mouth. When I’m stressed or worried (which sadly is often of late) I eat.

My diet mojo today is not there. I’m achey and tired, kind of flat in spirit. I hope that changes quicker then not. I have slowly begun to decorate for Halloween - how can you not be happy looking at smiling pumpkins?! Anyone else decorate for the season?

Happy day all! I will try and find 3 good things about my day and focus on that too.
  • Quiet here - like me your probably all hurrying to hang onto what’s left of summer and early fall which strangely just began didn’t it?!

We had frost last night. So this morning it’s cool and crisp. The sun is edging out it’s nose. Today/weekend will find DH and I cleaning and readying the house for winter today it’s cleaning windows - we’ll over 2 doz of them to wash. Then clean the eaves put away the outdoor furniture you see my list of things. In there I’ll also have to begin pulling out the flower beds as a frost the softer ones all begin to breakdown and stink. So I’ll be getting a lot of movement in there this weekend and I’m sure my hands and arms will rebel as they do with lots of use.

Maybe the weight will begin to move too?! I can hope. It the last few days the afternoons have tripped me up but good.

Hope you all are finding goodness in your journies. Drop in if you can!
  • Hey, y'all!! Sorry about being quiet the last few days - been busy and tired and fighting off the crazy allergies we've all had the last few weeks. My weight is literally just not budging at all and it's super frustrating. I've been working out all week, I've cut my portion sizes, and I've stopped eating greasy food. WTH. But oh well, gotta keep on trucking!

I don't have a lot of time to respond right this second (got plans with family and then work friends later on today), but I'll do personal responses later! Have a great day, y'all!
  • Argh - frost and dying gardens that I’ll have to pull this week - but it’s raining so that’s shoved off. I’m working on projects for church, contemplating Halloween costumes and how to execute, and of course my normal house work stuff. Didn’t even think to hop on the scale this morning until a bit ago. Well, tomorrow is another day. However I am about done w my fasting window this morning. So I did get one thing done!

Pirate: oh I hate when everything in your power is being done and then that scale just sits still. Btw since you are restarting, when was the last time you changed your scale batteries at home? Maybe do so and you might see some movement and maybe check what it is before you leave work if you can use one of the scales there. I know I had to do such too - mine got wonky w bigger swings daily which clued me in something was wrong. Good luck to you this week!

Hello all!

Am: I’m going about my day as best I can. Now I have to begin working a few walks each week in. I can finally put a shoe on my foot that doesn’t bother the healing gouge. So I hope to begin that here soon. Even if it’s only 20 mins - that’s better than nothing.

Wishing you all well. I’m off to go have some breakfast here and get the church projects done. Oh it’d be lovely if it was super quick!

My best to you all!

Lemon: I try to decorate for Halloween, but October also brings hunting season, so if I don't do it soon, it won't get done. I've gone without decorations many times! I'm also seeing my flowers go away and things are starting to show signs of dying back. I love roses though. They seem to stay strong a little bit longer. I have 5 bushes. I don't know what the names are, but the two shining stars are right together and they are a beautiful dark pink and white, and sometimes just a little yellow on the inside. They change throughout the growing season, and are usually huge in the spring, with lots of color. Then, throughout the summer, they get much more white than pink. Now into fall, they get a dark pink, but smaller flower than the spring. I also have one bush that is more of a wild rose, reddish. And another red bush, and one that is more pink.

Dread: I hate when the scale isn't cooperating! I'll bet your body is just taking a breath, with all of the changes you made. Hopefully it will let loose of more pounds soon!!

As for me, I am up from last week, but I'm not surprised. I just couldn't get it together. I'm hoping that I can make some good strides this week. I went to spin this morning and I'm planning to go to the gym much more consistently this week. I need to do so much better on logging food and staying on track with food. Same ole same ole.

Here's to a great week everyone!
  • Hey Everybody!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but trying to get caught up.

Lemon: Thanks for starting a new thread. I'm glad to hear that your foot is better. Sorry about the tight pants-- that is always such a giant bummer and believe me I've been there too. I have to say that I never thought of looking for men's cashmere sweaters in thrift stores! What a genius idea. I love thrift store shopping- but I used to avoid them like crazy because I could never find anything my size-- but I got some amazing things this summer.

Diane: Your roses sound beautiful! We have quite a few rose bushes on our property that were planted by my mom but I don't really know what to do with them-- I pretty much neglect them. In California, they seem to grow really easily but they don't look as good as they did when my mom used to take care of them! I just don't know one thing about gardening. Glad to hear that you are back on your gym routine and feeling less blah! Sorry the scale is up, but I'm sure it will go right back down.

Dread: It's soooo frustrating when you work really hard to keep on track and the scale doesn't cooperate! But you know that when that happens, usually when it finally moves it will move a couple of pounds at least-- so hang in there! Good for you for sticking to your plan. That is the hardest part-- obviously!

Toasted: Boo about your clothes being tight. But that is a good motivator to get on track. LOL about feeling the fat cells growing. I swear I feel like that too! And it is totally weird how being smaller can sometimes make us feel bigger, right? I think it's because I never ever get into the fully normal range. I can do sooooooooo many more things now, but now that I'm trying to do stuff that normal-sized people do, I find myself still on the big side of normal which makes me feel HUGE. It's like when I'm a 3X and only shopping in the plus size stores, I'm kind of comfily relegated to fat lady status, but now I'm like living on the edge of regular-- so that I can wear regular clothes and do regular things... but how nice would it be to be a size 8 or 10 instead of a 14 or 16. I would love to walk into any store and know that I'm just average-sized, but I fear that's just not in the cards for me.

As for me, I weighed in at 200.2 this morning. Grrrrr. I am well and truly stuck here. I dropped to 200.9 then bounced around 201-202 then finally 200.6, then this morning 200.2. Are the scale gods just messing with me???? One thing I can see is that my weight loss has really slowed/stalled and I'm not surprised because the last time I lost over 100 lbs I also had to fight like crazy to get much below 200 and I had trouble maintaining a weigh much lower than this. That being said, I set 190 as my goal and I think I'm not going to get there if I don't work a little harder, because my body seems pretty contented sitting right here. I have not really been exercising at all lately-- I was doing a lot better over the summer-- and I need to get going again and get rid of those last 10!!!

Hey guys, so I didn't get to my desired early 190s in September BUT this is a new month and the beginning of the last quarter of the year so what better time to have hope and push to finish the year strong and try to be 10 lbs down by the end of this month? The weekend was pretty busy. I'm borrowing a leaf from Lemon's book and doing IF these days. It's helping with the mindless eating before rushing out the door in the morning but it's kind of hard to get to work and not munch anything till 1 or 2 or even 3pm depending on when I got home and had dinner. It's 11.45am here and I don't get to break my fast till 1.30pm, and it's already building like the high point of my day. The struggle of the fast is however I think making me a little more conscientious in my eating during my window because I don't want to waste the effort. So, I think I'll be trying out IF for the month of October, along with giving up Coke Zero and trying to get back into exercising.

Diane: I've been plodding along trying to make good decisions. I'd say last week, I'd give myself around a 60% but that's something to build on. Yay you being back at it again gym-wise. For some reason, I really struggle to have both my diet and exercise on point at the same time. Sigh. I've finished my training plan with my online trainer and it was good and I know I'm stronger, BUT after two months, I don't feel like strength-based workouts help me drop pounds as fast as straight up cardio does. I know you're a pretty experienced exerciser, what's your take?

Lemon: I'm so glad your foot is better and you can wear covered shoes again especially if you're already getting frost warnings- eek!!! I feel you on the jeans!!!! That's 90% of my wardrobe right now and I don't have options because the last time I was this weight was early 2011 and I've long since given everything away. It's pretty much do or go naked right now. Or I suppose I can have clothes made (wayyyyy cheaper than buying ready made clothes here- ready made clothes are expensive to buy new here so I mostly save shopping for when I'm on holiday) but I don't want my tailor to measure and know for sure how chubby I've gotten in a short time- if that makes sense. I agree it's THE WORST to apply for something and never hear back either way. It sounds like it was a busy weekend for you. Did you accomplish everthing in your home and garden?

Amanda: Sorry about your allergies and the uncooperative scale. The uncooperative scale is the suckiest of sucks on this weight loss journey, to be honest. I'm hoping something gives for you this week!

Uber: Booo the scale being stubborn at 200. Keep plugging away, it will happen. I totally get what you mean about bodies loving certain weights. YEESH! For me, I found that even being on the small or median end of straight sizing made me a LOT more self-critical. At my lowest weight circa 2013-2014 (152lbs), I was in a US size 4-6 and people who didn't know me previously didn't believe I had ever been obese, but I certainly knew and I was hypercritical of what lurked beneath my "normal size" clothes. "Oh I'm so saggy, I can't wear that it shows my ravaged body, I don't look like other people this size, My boobs are atrocious and all hanging skin- I can roll them..." etc etc etc. The self-criticism was literally at its worst then. In the end, I sort of settled in the 170s around an 8-10 for the last few years before doing the mental work required to be okay with myself. I think for me, I attached a lot of expectations to certain weights and sizes and then when I got there, it was like "oh, this isn't what I thought it would be." Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the scale moves for you tis week. Also, in the spirit of trying to get my exercise in order, what are you planning to do for exercise?

Okay guys. I've got to get back to work. Wishing you all a successful on-plan day! Hugs!
  • Toasted: maybe now is the time for you to learn to sew for yourself especially if you don’t want your tailor to know. But I’m certain most good tailors can take a quick look and summarize. But you know what, they probably have hidden tricks they have w/ their own clothes to adjust with life - it is what it is. You keep them employed and busy. I know it feels defeatish to go up in size again - I grumble often about my own. I got rid of the 20s and kept two pairs of 18s which is good - that helps me out and before I have to wear pants on a daily need maybe I’ll get back into the 16s where they fit - maybe not well, but up and zipped and not too stuffed sausage/muffin. I hear you sister! I understand completely. I did not do IF today - too much running around today in my yard. I need energy to fuel my day.

Diane: oh your roses sound fab! I love looking at them, hate caring for them. I’m glad they share their beauty of looks and smell with you. Always beautiful when nature says hello.

Uber: I hate stuck scales! Totally a mood killer. Yes on the 2nd hand cashmere. I have two new ones and I didn’t pay more then $3 for each (I’m queen of the 50-75% sale tags at goodwill/the army) and they are barely worn if at all. The only problem with men’s is lack of color choices - mainly muted but dress it up w a scarf or jewelry. The great thing - because you and I are taller, you have the length to make it nice w leggings if it’s a tad oversized. That part makes it seem extra comfy for me in my mind. Good luck looking! I’m glad I did. Hang in there maybe by Friday you will find 198. I am rooting for you! As for your roses - since they were your moms ask her what she did when she was caring w them? I know you said she’s blind, but she can probably give you good info, sometimes you need to take the canes and thin them down but I don’t know if it’s specific to a type (trailing or bush) sometimes thinning them out helps rejuvenate.

Pirate: well was your scale kind today?

Sakai: how are the chicks?

Hello everyone!

I didn’t bother w the scale again - I’m busy in thought and getting kids out the door. I’ve got to go outside between raindrops and pull out my flowers and garden and ready it for winter. It won’t be completed until the trees are bare (using leaves for compost) but I can at least get a start on it all. So it’s hidden exercise for me!

So happy day all. May your spirits be happy today.

Edited to add: ok so I got my gumption up and tried on a different pair of 16s. Good news they went up, zipped and are ok. Not great - ok. So now that makes me want to go check what the difference is between the pair that didn’t work vs this one - now mind you I’ve worn these all long ago. So at some point in my life they fit. But something is up. Either that or I have a totally morphing body shape daily. I’ll take the shape of a Palm tree with my wonder twin powers. and yes I just dated myself.

Uber: What the heck? Your scale is being awful to you! Soooooo close. Well, hopefully soon, you can see a nice number "1" in the front of your weight. I am sure it will happen soon for you!

Toasted: I totally agree. I have a heck of a time getting everything on track at one time. Right now, I'm getting closer on both, but not quite all the way committed. It shouldn't be so hard. I will say that I agree with you about strengthening exercises. I don't feel like it is a big help with weight loss. I have heard from others that if you increase your muscle and do the strength exercises, then you will burn more calories throughout the day. I don't know. I don't really see a huge difference. I do think that strength exercise can make your arms and shoulders look better, but I have been contemplating going with much more cardio and much less weight lifting, at least until I can drop more weight. I think that is why body pump is not doing it for me right now. Seems like a waste sometimes.

Lemon: I need to finish cleaning out my flower pots. They just look sad even if they are still somewhat green. As much as I love watching things grow in the spring, I hate watching it all die off in the fall. It is just part of it, but I just want it cleaned out once they are done!!

As for me, I did see a little loss on the scale. I didn't go to the gym, hoping that I would be able to hike tonight. But it is a rainy day today, so that might not happen. I could go by the gym after work, maybe.