NEW getting out of the 170's

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Ha, red head season. Aren't they all? I love red hair. I was always jealous as a child of my one cousin who had beautiful red hair. I've thought about dying mine red, but it always seemed like too much maintenance, and I'm a low maintenance girl. Maybe one day.

Thanks for the reminder. I actually feel great and I'm really living a good life right now. While I AM tracking the weight and LOVE to see the new numbers on the scale (173.2 today, another new low), I'm really more interested in losing inches at this point. I would really love to see the 150s, but if I could get my chest, waist and hip measurements all down another 5" each, that'd be infinitely better, whatever the scale says. I've always been one who has lost and gained proportionately, so I tend to lose all over, which means that 5" off each is not an unreasonable goal.

I'm trying to make sure I get some strength training in of some sort or another most days. I'm not going to any gyms, but I do have dumbbells. I'm up to a 60 second plank, I can do 8 knee pushups, and I've gone from doing 7 leg lifts, to 30. Other workout moves are also progressing, so I'm feeling stronger and stronger. I'm also getting a bit more bendy, although still not as bendy as I was 10 years ago at a higher weight, but after stretching 3-4 times a week for a year straight. Years of deskwork has given me TIGHT hamstrings. But I'm sticking with it and making progress, and that's what counts. I can reach my calves now instead of just my knees, or my knees instead of not even being able to get in the position. Progress.
  • 172.2 this morning. That puts me in the bottom quarter of this thread. Home stretch. I'm also down 1/2" on all of my torso measurements so far this month, yay!
  • The whoosh continues - 171.6 today. Probably about done now, I expect to hang out around here for a while.
  • Lacerta 171.6 Wont be long and you will be heading for the 160's. Im still holding at 171-172. Lots of things going on here. Normally I would be self medicating with homemade desserts. So holding is good.
  • Phaedra: Holding is great. I've come to accept the fact that not all weeks are going to be amazing weeks where I lose 2+ pounds. Or even great weeks where I lose 1 pound. Some weeks are going to be just hold my ground weeks. And that's ok too. If you can have a hold your ground lifestyle, interspersed with occasional weeks where you have time to devote to really focusing your mental energy on making forward progress, you'll get there in the long run.

Having said that, this month has been really good for me. Maybe it's because September was so not good. The work is finally paying off. Somehow, I woke up this morning at 169.8. I don't count it to move to the next thread until my average is in the 160s, so I'm still here for probably a few more weeks, but that was amazing to see this morning. I am going to start scoping out a 160s thread. Since you've dipped your toes in the 160s water too, I bet we both move over there about the same time.
  • Hi Lacerta
    Glad youre having such a good month. You might need to start a new thread. I didn't see a 160's thread.

Don't count me in too quick. !74.4 this morning. Could just be water weight. Not going to get excited unless it keeps going up.
  • Phaedra
    I found one. It's old and tired and no one has posted in it for a while, but I found one and rezzed it from the dead. I weighed in at 168.4 this morning, and have been under 170 most of this week, so I'm going to go ahead and move over there and talk to myself until someone joins me (hint hint).
  • I wish. Sorry. 172.8 Congrats on your move.

I see that 160's thread. I will subscribe so I can watch and cheer you on. I probably wont be joining you for a while. But Im good with where Im at. My focus now is being vigilant about maintenance so I can continue to stay where Im at. Some days are harder than others.
  • I finally reached the 170's. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 179.6
    CW: 179.6
    GW: 169.6

• Weighed myself this AM. 176.6. ACK!!!! Okay. Now Im excited. And a little peeved. I haven't even had anything good like pie and Im still gaining. I have relaxed on the counting calories and the measuring everything I eat. But Im still watching what I eat. Guess Im not watching good enough. Back to calorie counting. (Sigh)
  • Quote: I finally reached the 170's. Good Luck, Everyone!

CW: 179.6
    GW: 169.8

Welcome and Congrats. Good Job!!!!
  • Phaedra: I just noticed you are 5'10". The 170s probably look amazing on you. I'm only 5'7" and would be perfectly happy staying in the 170s for the rest of my life. In fact, when I started this journey, I told myself if I could just get into the 180s and stay there, I'd be perfectly happy with that. So don't be too hard on yourself. Holding in the 170s is pretty darn good.

Vicki: You're rocking it. Way to go getting to the 170s.
  • Quote: Phaedra: I just noticed you are 5'10". The 170s probably look amazing on you. I'm only 5'7" and would be perfectly happy staying in the 170s for the rest of my life. In fact, when I started this journey, I told myself if I could just get into the 180s and stay there, I'd be perfectly happy with that. So don't be too hard on yourself. Holding in the 170s is pretty darn good.

Vicki: You're rocking it. Way to go getting to the 170s.
    Lacerta

I see youre at 167. At the rate youre going you just might make goal by Thanksgiving.

Don't worry about me. Im just complaining here because I don't have anybody to complain to IRL. Also cause I didn't even get to eat anything bad and I gained eating low carb low calorie no fun stuff. I mean if I had a pie or a few cookies I would have expected it.

I don't know about amazing but I was doing okay with where I was at. I thought I could relax a little. But I guess not. If I want to stay in the 170's I will have to stay vigilant. I know how it works. A few pounds here. A few pounds there. Next thing you know youre in the next size up and then the next and then the next.

This new weight is not staying. Im back to counting. Also I need to move more. Its end of season so my yard work will be dwindling after the fall clean up. Also theres been an upsurge in Dr visits for the husband so Ive been spending a lot of my time sitting on my butt in waiting rooms.

• Thank You, Lacerta and Phaedra! Lacerta I see You are only .2 away from 100 LBS down! Phaedra your almost to the 160's. Good Luck, Everyone!

CW: 179.4 (- .2)

• Good Luck, Everyone!

CW: 179 (- .6)