September Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • It's Back to School time here, a wonderful time to get back to routines that work for weight loss and maintenance! Our monthly weight loss challenge is a great place to track your progress every month.

State your goal for September and join a supportive and encouraging group to help you meet it. We will compile our goals into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

Join us at our sister thread, the September Exercise Challenge, to track your fitness goals.
  • Well it is TOM for me so up 1 lb.

Hopefully Sept will go better.

Sept start - 155 lbs

Good luck to everyone.
  • Yay, a new month!!

I hope to be out of the 160s

Here are my food goals:
    1. no snacks
    2. one portion of everything only
    3. more water
    4. only eat out once a week, maximum
    5. reduce coffee

Good luck everyone!
  • Well, last month didn't go as planned. Aiming for a much more reasonable goal this month.

SW: 186.8
    GW: 182.6

(-4.2 pounds)
  • i am hoping to loose 5lb
  • Well, I've gained almost 2 pounds over the last few days...hoping it's not real weight and I'll see a woosh!
    Anyway, I am hoping, this month, to get out of the 260's and into the 250's!

Sw: 268.2
    GW: 259.9 (-8.3)
  • This month i will set a lower and yet significant goal, hoping it will help me stay motivated. I want to get out of the 80's !

Start weight: 82kg
    Goal weight: 7something
  • My starting wt is 222 lbs.
    My goal will be 216 for a 6 lb loss.

My total loss for this past year is 52 lbs.

BFR
  • Quote: Well, last month didn't go as planned. Aiming for a much more reasonable goal this month.
    Took the words out of my mouth, nonameslob! I, too, am aiming for a more reasonable 5 lbs. this month.

SW: 185.8
    GW: 180.8
  • Sw: 174
    Gw: 168
  • Sw : 272.2
    Gw : 263.2

9 lbs
  • My september challenge. Loose 5 pounds! Go from 158 to 153! I can do this!! If I want to cheat ask myself if it's Worth it!! and Keep my goal in mind!!
  • What would be a good goal for me this month? Not sure what to put, but I know being very heavy like I am, I would lose bigger amounts at first.
  • Sw: 137.5
    Gw: 135
  • BestDaysAhead, welcome!
    I know that you tend to see big numbers at first but, if you are like me, you still need to be careful when setting your goals.I tend to get discouraged easily and I'm not very forgiving. I AM my biggest competitor and worse critic! A lot of my struggle in losing weight is the mind games it causes in me.
    I think 10 pounds is a reasonable goal for the first month. You can always make yourself a new goal, if you meet the one that you start out with. How great would it be to meet your goal and have to change it because you still need a challenge?!
    I wish you the best of luck!