Any July starters out there?

You're on Page 16 of 32
Go to
  • Hey bcart1618, great job!!!! I started on 7/14 and I've lost 15lbs. Almost half way there....wooooohooooo!!!!!
  • Quote: Hey bcart1618, great job!!!! I started on 7/14 and I've lost 15lbs. Almost half way there....wooooohooooo!!!!!

You go girl!!! Congratulations!
  • Week 5 weigh in was this evening - smallest loss so far: 1.6, but I cannot complain. Still heading in the right direction.
    My home scale where I weigh each morning shows that I am down 19 lbs since the morning that I began IP - that was 36 days ago.
    Both measures of results are perfectly ok with me!
  • Great Job On Weight Loss
    How do you do it each week. I started July 1, 2014. Wk 1 -lost 3 pds, wk 2 -2.5, wk 3-0 lost; wk 4-lost 2.5, wk 5- 0 lost; wk 6- 0 lost.... wondering what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me understand this
  • Quote: How do you do it each week. I started July 1, 2014. Wk 1 -lost 3 pds, wk 2 -2.5, wk 3-0 lost; wk 4-lost 2.5, wk 5- 0 lost; wk 6- 0 lost.... wondering what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me understand this
    You may not be doing anything wrong but it's hard to say. Are you getting in all your water, salt, oil, etc.? Maybe post a day's menu and someone might be able to spot a problem area or issue.

And all our bodies are different and lose at different rates and never as fast as we would like. People who start out heavier will lose more in the beginning.

The scale only tells part of the story - are you losing inches? Those are just as important as pounds. Lots of weeks I'd lose very little but my inches would go down and vice versa.
  • Quote: How do you do it each week. I started July 1, 2014. Wk 1 -lost 3 pds, wk 2 -2.5, wk 3-0 lost; wk 4-lost 2.5, wk 5- 0 lost; wk 6- 0 lost.... wondering what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me understand this
    Your coach should be reviewing your food diary and giving you advice on this, but if you post your planned meals each day on the thread "What are you eating today iPeeps?" I am sure this community can give you some helpful feedback.
  • OK. I'll post what my daily menu and see if I can get some suggestions. Thanks ladies
  • Quote: Week 5 weigh in was this evening - smallest loss so far: 1.6, but I cannot complain. Still heading in the right direction.
    My home scale where I weigh each morning shows that I am down 19 lbs since the morning that I began IP - that was 36 days ago.
    Both measures of results are perfectly ok with me!
    WOOT! WOOT! Congratulations oneuh on your weight loss! I can't wait to start losing weight, but mostly, I would like to lose inches, lots of inches!
  • Hi all,

Had my week 4 weigh in and I'm down 22.6lbs and 22.75 inches. Happy with my results
  • Hey guys, I'm a July starter and just decided to switched to alternatives. Week 5 WI this morning and was down 5.4 lbs! For a total of 18.6 lbs! So excited! Would love to join in here and get to know y'all and support each other!
  • Love reading all the July starter progress!

I am down 16.4 lbs since July 5 and feel so much better and healthier :-)

An average of 2.75 lbs a week - didn't keep track of inches but I am back into my favorite clothes. They are still a little tight but not for long!!
  • Just got home from my weigh in and I am down another 2 lbs! If I keep going at this rate, I could possibly be half way to my goal by Thanksgiving!
  • Quote: Love reading all the July starter progress!

I am down 16.4 lbs since July 5 and feel so much better and healthier :-)

An average of 2.75 lbs a week - didn't keep track of inches but I am back into my favorite clothes. They are still a little tight but not for long!!
    Thanks for sharing! Are you following the Diabetic plan? If so, do you work out at all...just wondering if this is something that I might try. You've made excellent progress!
  • Hey July buddies! I started July 22 and have lost 12.5 lbs so far. For my first three week WIs, I lost 5 lbs, 4 lbs, and 2.5 lbs. I'm nearing the end of week four and have only lost 1 lb this week. Slow and steady! My dh can see a difference and I can definitely feel one now. Whoo hoo! Let's do this!!
  • Quote: Just got home from my weigh in and I am down another 2 lbs! If I keep going at this rate, I could possibly be half way to my goal by Thanksgiving!
    Congratulations!! I'm happy dancing over here with you!!