Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 31

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: My fiancé made bacon for his breakfast this morning and a few slices were just sitting there...the first time I saw them I ignored them, second, third, forth the same, fifth time I took all 6 and put them in a Ziploc bag and into the fridge. So much better not seeing them

Started "cleaning up" my kitchen. I have so much food now that I won't use for awhile! and that my fiancé and 2 boys won't eat.

My kitchen would be MUCH more minimalist (which I like) if I could get rid of everything. Makes me feel relax when I don't see clutter everywhere.
    I had my friends come and take whatever they wanted from my house. They took care of everything I couldnt eat that my family didn't eat. Just an idea for you. Better then throwing stuff out.
  • Family dinner on Sunday's at my brothers, it's great to hang out but it's challenging to not eat some of the time, but I manage to overcome every week for six weeks now and tonight there was even enchilada's and cheesecake I love Mexican food, it's probably the food I miss the most although I recreate as much as I can.
  • Thanks Slipfree & MsGracie! I'll be okay, just a rough week and tired. I am nervous about moving on but confident I will do well. Just this little nagging whisper in the back of my head trying to convince me that I'm just going to gain it all back. Which I KNOW won't happen!

Quote: I had my friends come and take whatever they wanted from my house. They took care of everything I couldnt eat that my family didn't eat. Just an idea for you. Better then throwing stuff out.
    Now that's a great idea! Sometimes easier to not have it around.

Quote: Family dinner on Sunday's at my brothers, it's great to hang out but it's challenging to not eat some of the time, but I manage to overcome every week for six weeks now and tonight there was even enchilada's and cheesecake I love Mexican food, it's probably the food I miss the most although I recreate as much as I can.
    Good job on staying OP! It is fun to hang out and I always concentrate on the friends and family and try not to make it about the food.
  • Good morning!

I actually got a pretty decent night's sleep and am feeling good today! Hooray for sleeping in to 5 a.m. on a Monday!

Have a happy 100% day all!
  • Ruth Ann:
    Change can be unsettling but rest assured, it is easier than it looks
  • Plateau
    Hi All,

I have been on IP almost 5 weeks and I started out losing at a rate of 3lbs per week but the last week and half I am barley losing 1 lb a week. I have not cheated at all and I drink more than the 80 oz of water per day. I find it really frustrating that I'm eating maybe 800 or 900 calories a day and yet the scale isn't moving. Has anyone experienced this and if so did the weight start coming off again at any point?

ChattySusan
  • Quote: I had my friends come and take whatever they wanted from my house. They took care of everything I couldnt eat that my family didn't eat. Just an idea for you. Better then throwing stuff out.
    Good advice, thanks
  • Quote: Hi All,

I have been on IP almost 5 weeks and I started out losing at a rate of 3lbs per week but the last week and half I am barley losing 1 lb a week. I have not cheated at all and I drink more than the 80 oz of water per day. I find it really frustrating that I'm eating maybe 800 or 900 calories a day and yet the scale isn't moving. Has anyone experienced this and if so did the weight start coming off again at any point?

ChattySusan
    Everyone loses at different rates. You will have weeks where you will lose lbs and weeks where it's more inches. Trust the ride and stick with it- rely on how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. The weight will come off.
  • Quote: Hi All,

ChattySusan
    You are doing well and right on track. The average of 3 lbs per week is when you look at the overall weight loss once you reach goal and figure out your weekly average from that point. You will have weeks of no loss, some weeks of "gasp!" a slight gain, and many weeks of low losses. Those will be mixed in with weeks of higher losses. As you get closer to goal you will also notice a slow down and lower losses.

It is not a plateau unless you go several (4-6) weeks with no losses at all. Rest assured you are doing well and as long as you follow the guidelines the pounds will come off. I noticed I lost inches on weeks where my pounds lost were not as high. Your body is adjusting and sometimes retains water weight or just doesn't show what is happening on the scale.

Good luck to you and hang in there!
  • I kind of had a NSV on Friday night. My brothers and sisters-in-law were going to dinner at a mexican restaurant. I love mexican food, but find that it is difficult to eat at restaurants. Most mexican food is not IP compliant (beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas). I haven't really had mexican since I started IP. I really miss it.

Any way, I couldn't find a website for the restaurant so I decided not to go. I didn't think I would cheat, but I didn't want to get there, be really hungry and then not be able to eat anything.

I reminded myself it isn't forever, I will be able to eat mexican food again sometime.

Happy Monday.
  • Quote: I kind of had a NSV on Friday night. My brothers and sisters-in-law were going to dinner at a mexican restaurant. I love mexican food, but find that it is difficult to eat at restaurants. Most mexican food is not IP compliant (beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas). I haven't really had mexican since I started IP. I really miss it.

Any way, I couldn't find a website for the restaurant so I decided not to go. I didn't think I would cheat, but I didn't want to get there, be really hungry and then not be able to eat anything.

I reminded myself it isn't forever, I will be able to eat mexican food again sometime.

Happy Monday.
    Mexican food is what I miss the most too! Salsa and guacamole yum! I make some "fajita's" at home and use lettuce as the tortilla.
  • On another note how did I not discover the lemon bars until today?!?!??! OMG too good to be diet lol, I think these are one of those restricted I'll keep around after the diet for the sweet tooth attack!
  • 8 days back on the program and I feel so good!!! My 12s are back to falling off me and I am almost comfortably back in my 10s. Whew! There are so many new IP products! I am in love with the BBQ crisps and i MUST try those new lemon wafers.
  • Quote: 8 days back on the program and I feel so good!!! My 12s are back to falling off me and I am almost comfortably back in my 10s. Whew! There are so many new IP products! I am in love with the BBQ crisps and i MUST try those new lemon wafers.
    Definitely try the lemon wafers, holy cow, if they weren't a restricted I'd eat them again! LOL
  • Quote: Definitely try the lemon wafers, holy cow, if they weren't a restricted I'd eat them again! LOL
    Where in Wyoming are you?