Who started IP in August 2013? Let's support each other!

You're on Page 13 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: @slownsteady: two things, firstly, THANK YOU for starting this thread, i love it and it's fun to check in with my fellow August-IP-2013 comrades. Many thanks for keeping this going.
    Awwww, thanks! I'm sure I benefit from keeping it going more than anyone else! Keeps me accountable.

You are doing AWESOME! Wow, you are a force to be reckoned with girlie! I hope to keep up!

Hope you get your tracker/signature soon!
  • Quote: 2nd - I've been looking around at the various blenders out there. I too was recently at Target (no Target in Vermont but I often go to CT to visit my folks and always plan at least 2 visits to Target) and was checking out blenders. Great to hear your review as that has helped me zero in on the one I want to check out next time - Hamilton.

I really want to make a smoothy like the ones that have been highly recommended out there. What's your favorite(s)? Everyone and all, please respond.

Thanks,
    K
    We just bought the Nutribullet , got it from WalMart. It's a good size too, easy to take with you ( my husband takes it to work a couple of days a week). I haven't had a smoothie made with it yet, but he really likes it and says it works great.
  • I'm really proud of everyone here! Improving your health and lives -- a noble endeavor.
  • @Cole22 I'll check out the Nutribullet, as well, thanks for the tip! It's nice that it's so portable.

@Avalon1957 that was so sweet of you to say that "you're proud of everyone here" - the same goes to you too. Thrilled to be improving our lives and finally taking control, feels great to start to feel great!!!
  • Quote: Awwww, thanks! I'm sure I benefit from keeping it going more than anyone else! Keeps me accountable.

You are doing AWESOME! Wow, you are a force to be reckoned with girlie! I hope to keep up!

Hope you get your tracker/signature soon!
    @slownsteady, we're ALL forces to be reckoned with, Amen! That was so nice to say, thank you, thank you, thank you for making me smile. We're ALL terrific & fabulous -- and, we've got the support right here to remind us if we forget it. Yeah!
  • Quote: I'm really proud of everyone here! Improving your health and lives -- a noble endeavor.
    I like your ticker! Where did you find it?
  • I have been on for four days now and hopefully the "fogginess" will go away! You are all so helpful! Thank you for all your informative posts! I get so many answers to my questions even before I post them! Other than lettuce is there any snacking allowed? I am getting a little hungry early in the afternoon and would LOVE to have something, I just don't dare.

thanks in advance,

Pat
  • i am the same s you and can not imagnine eating lettuce, so he told me I can subsitute with celery.. which at least has a crunch.. but not sure if that is a standard rule or just my coach's..
    Quote: I have been on for four days now and hopefully the "fogginess" will go away! You are all so helpful! Thank you for all your informative posts! I get so many answers to my questions even before I post them! Other than lettuce is there any snacking allowed? I am getting a little hungry early in the afternoon and would LOVE to have something, I just don't dare.

thanks in advance,

Pat
  • Quote: I like your ticker! Where did you find it?
    I am SO PICKY (LOL). I didn't like any of the "canned" tickers, so I made a custom one in Photoshop. I wanted nice even tickmarks on 10 pound intervals (easier to read) and a pretty crimson heart with a pointy bottom to give a more accurate reading at a glance.
  • @Avalon1957 I was thinking the same thing as @slownsteady and couldn't wait to hear your answer. Wow, you are super creative and I concur, I would rather have an easier to read ticker with a pretty heart / pointy bottom for accuracy sake. Way to go; you're so savvy, love it!
  • Coming to check out the August 2013 gang! I began on Aug. 2nd!
  • Quote: I have been on for four days now and hopefully the "fogginess" will go away! You are all so helpful! Thank you for all your informative posts! I get so many answers to my questions even before I post them! Other than lettuce is there any snacking allowed? I am getting a little hungry early in the afternoon and would LOVE to have something, I just don't dare.

thanks in advance,

Pat
    I only had a handful of times that I felt hungry, other than when it's close to meal times, but when I do feel like snacking I drink more water and wait a few minutes and usually the feeling goes away. My coach hasn't mentioned specifically about snacking, but I wonder could you just have 1 cup of your "lunch" veggies and save the other cup for snacking??
  • Quote: I sure do! I will be eating something at a restaurant, and I get this panicky feeling when something gets stuck. My husband can tell by the look on my face that I am in trouble. I have actually had to go to the bathroom and throw up to get it dislodged. I am going to have that thing removed as soon as I can!
    OMG-- that's my story exactly. And there have been a few times when I didn't make it to the restroom. Absolutely horrible!
  • Quote: I only had a handful of times that I felt hungry, other than when it's close to meal times, but when I do feel like snacking I drink more water and wait a few minutes and usually the feeling goes away. My coach hasn't mentioned specifically about snacking, but I wonder could you just have 1 cup of your "lunch" veggies and save the other cup for snacking??
    You absolutely can do that! Celery would count as a veggie, not a "freebie".

One of the things I had to learn was the difference between "wanting to eat" and true hunger. What I learned is that if I'm really hungry, a couple of romaine leaves will help. If I just have the munches, I'm usually looking for a particular taste (sweet, salty, etc).

I learned I really can survive between breakfast and lunch without starvation
    Snacking is a very bad habit I got myself in.

Ketosis helps considerably in keeping appetite at bay
  • My coach says I can spread my veggies throughout the day however I want - as long as I get 4 cups total. No more. No less. For instance, I'll bring slices of red peppers and cucumbers to work and have as a snack between breakfast and lunch.

But I definitely agree with Lisa too. I had to get over the feeling that there was something wrong just because I felt hungry occasionally! I had never allowed myself to be hungry before, so it was a foreign feeling! I only 'snack' on my veggies if I am truly hungry and need something to tide me over until my mealtime.