Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #31  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Actually I've heard that perhaps a shorter "fasting" period might be better for women when it comes to IF... so 14/10 instead of 16/8... so if you're eating breakfast at 10am and then not eating anything after 8pm than that would be 14/10... I do that sometimes depending on what I've got going on... and for me and the way that I used to eat so often... now going 12hrs without food is real victory...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #32  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
How so?
Many of us find it more mentally satisfying, not to mention physically, to eat our calories in a small window and fast the rest of the day. We get the physiological benefits of going without food for a period, and when we eat we get the pleasure of big or rich meals and that full feeling, too. It's helpful for a lot of folks, myself included.

For example, I have coffee with cream and a fat bomb at 10 am. (250 calories)

Lunch is cheese, a big salad, leftover pot roast, some almonds, and dark chocolate, eaten between 1-3 pm (usually 1200 or so calories).

If I need a snack I'll have some eggs fried in butter or nuts and cheese for 'dinner' around 5-6 pm. Then some hot or iced tea for dessert (200 calories)

This puts my eating window from 10-5, with macros right in range, a great 'full' sensation, an no hunger all night. Then by morning I am either feeling content and energetic or real physiological hunger and begin again. It's great. Plus, I have the flexibility of fasting, eating lightly, and then enjoying a big restaurant meal, too. So no 'deprivation', really, while still maintaining a good calorie deficit.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #33  
Back with a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
I'm impressed! I *cannot* get below 2000 even when I try, it's just insane. He's 7 months now and I'm 127lbs. I guess his constant feeding creates quite a maintenance level.
Wow! I'm exclusively breast feeding Holly (now 11 weeks) and still able to eat 18-2000 calories, with IF, and have both good losses and solid supply. Every baby and mama is different, though

I keep hoping nursing will help with this final stretch to goal. Though I ditched the scale it does indeed seem to be helping immensely, if appearance and clothes are any indication. I'll know when I weigh in a few months
Old 06-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #34  
Back with a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
Yes, but at least for me it took years and I still can't do that skinny person thing where they are "too full" to finish and they forget the cookies in the kitchen. I do eat less now, but it has to be a conscious choice every time even after more than 4 years.
Yup, I still fight that compulsive 'eat because it is there and tasty' thing, too. So it just takes other controls to manage
Old 06-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

I haven't gotten used to it, I just sort of white knuckle through it until the next meal. It will get to the point where it doesn't feel so unbelievably crappy to be a little bit hungry though.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Wow! I'm exclusively breast feeding Holly (now 11 weeks) and still able to eat 18-2000 calories, with IF, and have both good losses and solid supply. Every baby and mama is different, though

I keep hoping nursing will help with this final stretch to goal. Though I ditched the scale it does indeed seem to be helping immensely, if appearance and clothes are any indication. I'll know when I weigh in a few months
He was 4 months when I did it so I'm not sure if it was the IF or that awful 4 month growth spurt....?? I'm still losing weight, I just found him super cranky in the mornings, latching on & off.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #37  
Back with a story

Now that you mention it, I'd assume it may have been growth spurt related, especially if you don't otherwise exhibit supply issues. But really, it's moot now! I'm just grateful I haven't had any issues - still chunky baby, getting slimmer mommy.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #38  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Sometimes getting busy doing something I really love helps me. I'm artistic and crafty and when I get really in the zone with that I don't crave food - in fact, sometimes I have to force myself to go eat or my blood sugar will drop to the point where I'm running on an adrenaline high which is naughty, I know.

I guess my point is that we have to feed our souls in other ways and sometimes that makes our bodily woes seem less.
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote