Lazy loser!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi, I'm Shiv

I'm reintroducing myself... I never actually left, but I stalled out after the first 20 or so lbs and this is just a Jedi mind trick to convince myself I'm starting again So you can just disregard all my previous posts, I'm a newb as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest hurdle is being too much of a perfectionist and trying to do everything "right". I know what works is just going out walking, enjoying life, eating what I want when I'm hungry, stopping when I'm not hungry any more, and laying off eating cr*p when I don't have to.

Soooo... That's the "plan" to shift 20lbs Doing as little as possible, and enjoying it as much as possible.

170 here I come! I hope
  • Welcome (back) Shiv. It definitely does not have to be hard work.

I am enjoying every minute!
  • Glad to see you here!!! Best of luck as you blast towards 170!!
  • Thanks guys! I think I can make easy work of 20lbs, I've done it before

Going to park my a** in front of The Apprentice, maybe read a book and game a bit later. Hormone regulation via chilling out is my new "thing", heh
  • Hey Shiv! May the force be with you!
  • You are my new bff I decided. We are the same weight on the same mission. And I need someone to catch me when I get to the 170 mark, I surely will pass out from shock!
  • Heh Thnknthin, I have attempted to enhance the force by hiding my scales It's like I was thinking... 192? That's cool, I'm in the right range, I don't need to worry... And just slacking off. Doing IE, I really need to stay focused on how what I'm doing is making me feel. And I've been relying on the scale too much *brandishes lightsaber*

Elvis, I'm honoured!! Do check the title of this thread though... I'm LAZY. I should be using that as an asset... No hours on the elliptical, no counting, no planning, no nothing! You'll get there well before I do (and I want you to!). But absolutely! We're both doing the same thing, so I'm game
  • re-welcome Shiv! I like your strategy.
  • Quote: re-welcome Shiv! I like your strategy.
    Thanks! I hope it works! But if not... ah well. It's all a learning experience, and I've learned that the more I care, the less I lose. So I've flung the scales in a cupboard and I don't care what happens, I'm just going to live like a happy, healthy, small, strong person... And we'll see what happens
  • Quote: Elvis, I'm honoured!! Do check the title of this thread though... I'm LAZY. I should be using that as an asset... No hours on the elliptical, no counting, no planning, no nothing! You'll get there well before I do (and I want you to!). But absolutely! We're both doing the same thing, so I'm game
    Lazy?! No problem for me! We are on our own plans (or lack thereof!), no competition, no comparing. Just a sister in the universe goaling for 170. And weightloss sucks LOL, there are no guarantees who is going to get there first.
  • Quote: Lazy?! No problem for me! We are on our own plans (or lack thereof!), no competition, no comparing. Just a sister in the universe goaling for 170. And weightloss sucks LOL, there are no guarantees who is going to get there first.
    You're right... Because we have totally different approaches Besides, I could weigh myself in 3 months and have gained 20lbs, lol! Who the heck knows?!
  • Quote: You're right... Because we have totally different approaches Besides, I could weigh myself in 3 months and have gained 20lbs, lol! Who the heck knows?!
    Bite your tongue, girlfriend!
  • Quote: Bite your tongue, girlfriend!
    Noooo... Check my blasé attitude

The less I care...
  • Quote: Noooo... Check my blasé attitude

The less I care...
    Phew....I thought we were going to have to go with Shiv 3.0 already!!
  • Quote: Phew....I thought we were going to have to go with Shiv 3.0 already!!
    I hope not... We can do that after my next plateau