Alternachick chat - June 1+

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Mauvais, if black looks good, then WEAR IT!! It sounds perfect! Lipo, huh? I've got a couple of bucks I can chip in. We'll start a fund for you, hon.

Thank you sweet Lidian.

Den, my Dad is like your DH. Mom has to write things down for the doctor when he goes in. Either that or she goes in with/after him and "has a chat" with the doctor to make sure everything's been covered!

I got some great plants yesterday. Jim and I went to Richie's Feed and Seed. Mauvais/Ruth, have you been there? Wow, they have just about everything! Including some kitchy little things at half price in the gift section that I picked up for Christmas gifts. (you watch, girls... this Christmas I'm going to be ORGANIZED!! )
    They still had a good selection of tomato plants, so I was able to replace mine that were eaten by the birds. (devious... they managed to get through the chicken wire protection and pull them up.)
    And I got some sphagnum moss to line my wire baskets. Did the "Martha thing", and they look very good.
    Got a few cool perennials that I did NOT need, and a bunch more annuals to brighten things up.
  • I'm skipping Church this morning and will go straight to ****. Dammit - I think they make you go nekkid there! At least in Heaven the robes can conceal a lot of blubber. I never saw a skinny angel except in El Greco paintings.

Here's a pic of the blooms on my peony tree.

http://ca.geocities.com/ruthxxx/peonytree.html

Now I'm off to the garden.
  • Looks gorgeous, Ruth!

DH and the girls garden, I don't -- I watch and admire. They have fixed up the front garden very nicely and the back is lovely. Lots of trees. My fave is a nice little Japanese maple that we put in last year. Our back porch is another story though - it is pretty miserably old and needs fixing up, but I love it.

Lidian
  • Ruth, how beautiful! Thank you! You lucky dog, you.
    I really wish I'd brought our peonies with us... maybe I'd better buy one or two for the backyard. I'm tired of people saying, "It's very GREEN back here!"

The heck with church. On sunny days, God is in your garden, not in church.

Your porch sounds like my entire house, Lidian.
  • Thanks Ellis

Your flowers look gorgeous Ruthxxx!

DH and I went to the market to buy vegetables and fruit for the week and ended up buying 4 hanging flower baskets

2 are big bushy greens mixed in with tiny white flowers that trail down and the other 2 are bloodred snapdragons. We spent the aftenoon tidying up the balcony, hanging up the baskets and flower boxes on the railings and putting up mosquito netting around the swing so that I am safe from wasps. The balcony is starting to look pretty good.

Next week we are buying some soil and then going to the market to pick up some herbs for planting in the window boxes
  • I've got to dig out my patent gothic mary jane shoes and my patent leather devil head purse and get all glammed up tonight- I'm going to see the Ozzy Osbourne concert!

I will let you all know how it was tomorrow
  • I am so jealous!!!! I'm going to go see Kim Mitchell, if it doesn't pour. I'd rather be with you Mauvais!
  • Ummmmmm - I might go down street and watch the water pour over the dam. Too bad we don't have a traffic light.
  • Ozzy and Kim, huh?

I'm going to my 7-year old's baseball game tonight. Should be as big a thrill as yours, Ruth. Mosquito repellent, good social skills (ha!), blanket, concentration...

That girl at the top with the heart/tummy makes me sick. Looks like bread dough.
  • i just had to agree with Ellis---- i have been getting that "heart tummy" on my yahoo mail for months and it REALLY bugs me for some reason===i always scroll down so i don't have to see it------WONDER WHY IT IS SO ANNOYING???????--- sorry for interrupting your group,but sometimes i come over here for a laugh---you guys are lots of fun!!!-------i post over at Cows R Us.
  • Bagzz, you come here ANYTIME!!

Maybe if it was a man I wouldn't mind so much...
  • Let's eviscerate the tummy. *hehehe*

mauvais, I'm interested in hearing about the concert. I can't imagine seeing Ozzy now....he's gotten so old...would be kind of like watching Bob Hope swing dance....

Those are some mighty big blooms you've got there Ruth.

ellis, hope it doesn't rain on your ball game!
  • thanks Ellis!!!!!!!!! Wildfire { i used to loooove that song}--- maybe we could get someone to post with a nice round gut that has a few stretch marks and scars and maybe some cellulite----heck,I'll even volunteer!!!---------Regarding the tree peony blossoms!!!!!-----amazing!!!---i have two of those bushes with not ONE blossom on them----------must be the freezing cold Atlantic Ocean Breeze!!!
  • ATLANTIC BREEZES???? Where are you from, Baggz? I'm a transplanted Cape Bretoner. Hmmmm...Cows R Us...are you on PEI? Yeah, let's post a picture of a belly that needs to be changed, not a perfectly flat, stretchmark free one!
  • Thanks Wildfire...

Hey... Gregory Peck died...
    Wasn't he just the PERFECT Atticus?

There's a very nice Obit in the NYTs...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/13/ob...13PECK.html?th