FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 23 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Man 1000 calories. That is amazing. I go to a mma style kickboxing class on Saturdays and that is probably 400-500 calories easy but where I am going to find those other 500 calories is scaring me! Lol!!! It's such a good idea though. That is why I want to get that body media arm band Jillian Micheal endorses. That way you know exactly where you stand with your calories.

Walking, DVD exercise, Dancing, circuit training, online exercise videos are some possible choices. As long as you are moving, you are burning calories. There is room for creativity.
  • Quote: CANDACE:
    Welcome to Camp! Good to have you join us.

It really helps to have buddies for support! Think about some goals and post them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Thank you Munchey

Sorry for the late reply...we are on different time zones and this weekend is crazy busy as I k=am working the whole weekend, and still have to try and fit family and friends into the mix.

My Goals are:

* I want to loose as much weight as possible for my friends wedding as I am a brides maid and I DO NOT want to be the fat girl in the photos

* I want to be able to run/jog without having the fear that I might break my knees due to all the weight

* I want to be able to walk into a shop and buy some nice clothes, not just clothes that fit.

* I want to fit into boothes, airplane seats my office chair better without feeling like it is trying to swallow me whole

* I dont want to be embarrassed when I sweat cos im too fat...if I sweat it must be due to an awesome workout...and I dont want to look like im dying doing it.

* I Would LOVE to do bootcamp classes and spinning....but im just too ashamed of myself

Ok those are some of the ones I could think of now....My list can get pretty long, so I will cut it here for now.

I will try and pop in tomorrow to give my weight and so on.

Have an awesome weekend!!

• CANDACE:
    You can do this! You go girl!

I can relate to many of the things you mentioned in your goals. I know what it is like to wish you were invisible - not wanting anyone to see you "fat".

Life is too short to NOT enjoy it! We need to deal with our root causes of weight issues. In addition to that, the key is to find healthy, low calorie foods that we love and exercise that we like and can life with for the rest of our lives.

The good thing is, there has never been a time with so many options for healthy foods and wonderful recipies and available information for health and fitness.

We can do this! We don't need to be miserable and deprived in order to reach our goals.

Munchey

• CALORIES IN

VERSUS CALORIES OUT

GOT TO HAVE THE RIGHT MIX FOR SUCCESS!
    WE CAN DO IT, YES WE CAN!

ENJOY THE WEEKEND!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGH-INS!
  • So the fun thing about unpacking is finding old clothes you used to wear but no longer fit into.... BUT I will fit in them soon..I'm determined!

I've run every other day for two weeks now (I'm starting week 3 of Couch to 5k tomorrow) .. I've realized running makes me feel amazing..

I've noticed this morning the changes in my body.. I can feel bones in my body I haven't felt in a long time!

• A NEW ASSIGNMENT, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT.

WHAT IS YOUR ROOT CAUSE?

In order to achieve long-term success, we need to deal with the ROOT CAUSE or our weight issues. I invite you to take a took at this issue.
    • What is the root cause (s)?
    • What are ways that you can deal with these issues?
    • Do you need help with these issues? Let's share some ideas for coping skills!
  • Quote:

A NEW ASSIGNMENT, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT.

WHAT IS YOUR ROOT CAUSE?

In order to achieve long-term success, we need to deal with the ROOT CAUSE or our weight issues. I invite you to take a took at this issue.
    I gained the weight right around the time I was close to the end of my pregnancy with my youngest child.. I was going through a divorce during the end of my pregnancy and became really depressed.... I had trouble finding a full time job.. I moved back into my mom's house.. and really felt like I was failing miserably at life..

My way of dealing was I moved 1000 miles away with my children to an area with a lot more opportunity for myself. I now have a great job and going to school full time. I am now focusing on my health for myself and my children.

I am trying to learn ways to deal with eating healthy while being super busy.
  • Quote:

A NEW ASSIGNMENT, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT.

WHAT IS YOUR ROOT CAUSE?

Depression, PMDD related overeating and emotional eating. Especially when I feel down I try to comfort myself with junk food. Once I start, I can't stop. How do I stop myself from starting? It's really hard for me since I'm in a very difficult situation right now. There are too many negative sources in my life that I can't get rid of anytime soon. All I can do is take my mind off of those things: focus on the good things in life, exercise a lot, gather information on weight loss and nutrition and people with experience to help me get motivated.
  • Munchey- can I just say that you are like the best facilitator ever! Thank you so much!!!
  • With school and everything, I've kinda been slipping off the wagon this week. I've got one more day till weigh-in though, so I'm trying to make this a good one!

Good questions, munchey!

What is the root cause (s)? For me, I think it's pretty simple: overeating. I do have occasional times of emotional eating, binges, etc, but on an average week I just take in more calories than I burn.
    What are ways that you can deal with these issues? Keeping a food log/calorie counting has been the only thing that has worked so far. I'm trying to diligently record all of my food every single day so I can see what exactly I'm eating. I've noticed that it is very easy to underestimate things in my head!
    Do you need help with these issues? Yes (why else would I be here?)! I always start out great, and then just become lazy/demotivated. It takes a lot of mental energy to constantly monitor what comes in your mouth and eventually I just get tired of it. Hopefully as I establish habits it will become easier. I also need encouragement to get off my lazy butt and exercise!
  • My week was awful so I am not even going to look at the goals I made (since I didn't complete a single one) and think ahead to next week.

Food Goal: I am going to track everything and stay under 1500 cals. On Sunday I am going to make a quinoa salad with veggies and shrimp for lunch so I have something prepared and I don't resort to something that is just easy. All of my snacks must include a fruit or a vegetable.

Exercise Goal: Walk my dog at least once for 30 mins everyday and spin 3 times for at least 30 mins.

Yay to getting back on track
  • Hello ladies-
    Been a busy past couple days but they have been productive! I worked outside alllllll day yesterday and got alot of things done... trees trimmed up and back, alleyway cleared and cut back that we, even the dogs use as a cut thru, hummingbird feeder put up, built a cinderblock burn pit so our "campsite" sitting area looks so much nicer and then tried it out after the sun went down to burn all the brush id cut back, mowed the grass, weeded all my flowerbeds, did some minor outdoor repairs, and the dh's laundry all done!oh yes and my 3 mile dog walk. The dogs and i slept like babies lasnite lol!
    Today... grocery shopped, hit some yard sales between stops, went to lowe's for some items i plan on doing this week inside since calling for rain the next 3 days. Filled the car up with gas, bought lunch for everyone from mickey d's and i was good and got southwest grilled chicken salad n olny used a tbsp of dressing!
  • Oops, phone battery died lol...
    Ross- i agree, munchey does an awesome job of keeping us focused and plenty of "food for thought".
    Welcome to the new fatcampers!
    Munchey- my calorie burn yesterday was almost 1200 when i put it all in and i was just like omg no way!
    Rated- good for you, bad days, weeks happen and your not letting it keep you down!
    Sinderelly- u go girl! It takes a strong woman to hit bottom and turn it all around, your my hero lol!
  • My Root Cause-
    Growing up it was my mother always accusing me of things that i never did, and threatening to send me away. As an adult being marrued to an insecure man whose also an alcoholic thats always accused me of doing things ive never did or done. Im not an emotional eater because my nervous stomach wont allow me to. But i am a boredom eater when i dont have the motivation to do anything else ill just sit and eat or feel like ill never get it right ill just eat. Ive been diagnosed with severe clinical depression and s.a.d. so am part of the prozac nation.
  • Dangerous - Sounds like a productive day(s). You probably burned a lot of calories with all that work outside too. Sounds like a win-win to me. Good choice from McDonalds too. I alway making the mistake of getting a unhealthy option and as soon as I am finished I feel so sick and regret it.

__________________________________________________ ___________

I am already off to a better start this week. I took my dog for two walks today. I almost took the lazy way out and tried to rationalize that one walk was enough since she is still young but then I dragged my lazy bum off the couch and took her again after dinner. I feel like forcing myself to be more active when I don't want to be is a good first step.