Bikini Ready 2013 Challenge - Part II!

You're on Page 5 of 27
Go to
  • Maddie - I agree with the other poster, I do see a change in your upper abs. I would say keep it up and see what another 30 days does! And if you're still not seeing any change, that's when I would switch it up.

I had a sort of NSV today. I measured my body fat % and it was 29.9. I know, barely under 30, but I'm still very happy to see that!

Question: Does anyone out there use a heart rate monitor when working out? I got one, but the calorie count is even more off than the machines at the gym and the same for the calculations I do for when I run. For example, I said I burned 1341 calories during my 1 hour spin class today. I know that number is insanely off. So, does this mean that my max heart rate is wrong or something? How can I get it to give me an accurate calorie count? Just FYI, the heart rate measuring part works fine. :P There weren't any crazy readings or anything.
  • summerkatethanks sounds like you have your plate full!

augeremt wow that is awesome. I think I run at 5 miles per hour not sure what the minutes are on that.

musical congrats on getting your body fat below 30! what an accomplishment!

So I did ok today eating wise and got my run in. Felt good. I ate a few brownies so I will pay for that later. blurg.
  • Quote: Fatness you are such an inspiration to me!! And a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!

I lost some of the excess that I gained two weeks ago, still have to lose two more pounds to be at my SW for the challenge, but I can make that happen by Friday's weigh in!
    Thanks so much! You have been doing a good job and I am proud of you!

You will lose those 2 pounds! keep up the good work
  • Quote: Congrats, Fatness!

My weigh-in tomorrow isn't going to be anything special. My body just bumped back up to 136.7 the other day (maybe because of Ovulation...? that's the only thing that has changed), so I'm back down the last 2 days to 136.0. I'm slightly bummed because I did a B&A picture after doing this ab routine for 30 days & I'm really underwhelmed. And it's hard!!

Thoughts?? Should I keep going & get a grip or do something else?
    looking good there! keep up the good work!
  • SaladDream - Those are new members columns, so people who at the time hadn't entered any weights. Now that I've seen people have added weights I've edited the formula and it should fix itself!

augeremt - That's fine! You can edit any data as long as it's not any of the last 4 columns

Quick comment to MaddieB regarding your picture! I see a difference. Your stomach looks generally flatter with emphasis on the top abs as most people have commented. It's super difficult to see change in the lower abs, getting that washboard stomach is extremely difficult to achieve. So don't get discouraged! If you like the programme you're doing then I say stick with it but if you want to change it up then do so!
  • I started a thread for Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels DVD). If anyone is interested in a new exercise challenge and wants to try Ripped in 30 please feel free to post there (Ripped in 30 Support). I'll be starting that DVD on Friday and I'm hoping for a very successful March! I have to be in a bathing suit at the end of April and I would like to feel somewhat self confident, even though it won't be a bikini.
  • Thanks, ladies!! I'm switching it up just a pinch - same kinds of exercises, but I realized that I have a ways to go before I see major change. And it's better than doing nothing!

Back down to 136.2, but I'm still not thrilled. I had to take a lax last night because I am so backed up that I am in pain. Ever since I had my daughter a couple years ago, this happens frequently. My MIL said it happened to her after she had her boys too. #annoying AND this is after having about a 1,000 calorie day, so it's probably not even a real drop because I was so far under. UGH! I hate weight loss!!!

Happy Tuesday! HA!
  • I haven't weighed in for a few weeks and i'd like to opt back in as I feel i'm ready to start again.
  • I'm so close to the 240s! When I get to 245 I will be at 50 lbs lost, Can't wait!

I'm hoping to be 200 even by my birthday (August 28th). Hopefully I can stay on track that long. haha.
  • Hi everyone!

Weight this week is 136 (down 1.5), but might be a little funky because I weighed at 11 AM after coming home from an overnight shift, while I usually weight after waking up.

Got off early from work which was a surprise. I hadn't brought any workout clothes with me since I wasn't expecting to get off before 7 PM so I just went home :/ oops! I'll be bringing my workout stuff with me from now on!

Maddie-- Nice, I'm in Denver! Just moved here in June, loving Colorado so far! PS you look hot girl!
  • So just got my period and hoping there is a whoosh at the end. Feeling grumpy and lightheaded today. I did ok though. Went for my dance class and ate within my calories including brownies. hehe. Hoping to see a lb gone tomorrow or the day after to reach my goal of 1-2 lbs down a week. lets see
  • Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well and staying on track I just got back from vacationing in Mexico. It was amazing! But I've undone all my progress over indulging on the amazingly decadent food. I did work out twice using the Nike Training Club app (which I love!) but man does the combination of heat and heavy foods make you feel lethargic. On a very positive note, I conquered my fear of wearing a bikini in public! It helps to know I'll never see those people again lol!

Anyways, I'm ready to get back on track and weighing in.
    Riestrella, can you move my name from the stand-by list? Thanks!

Ok I'm off to tackle the daunting task of getting caught up with this thread. Hope you all have a great week!
  • Hey girls! Hope your Wednesdays are going well!

Finally got my whoosh & I'm back down to 135.1!! I was starting to feel so defeated on the scale, but thankfully, I didn't give in. : )

Really want to get back to doing Pilates but my knee is still giving me trouble (tendonitis). Hopefully, continuing to lay off of it will actually help it heal although I have little hope because it's been a problem on & off for 2 years with large rest periods in the mix. But I'm sticking to my strength training stuff - that's where the differences are made in the shape of my body so at least I have that : )
  • Quote: I'm so close to the 240s! When I get to 245 I will be at 50 lbs lost, Can't wait!

I'm hoping to be 200 even by my birthday (August 28th). Hopefully I can stay on track that long. haha.
    You can do it and you will do it!
  • 30 Day Shred complete! I'll post some measurements tomorrow.