Off the Deep end - my fall from IP

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I really didn't want to write this post. But I need to. I am ashamed, as silly as it sounds. I had lost almost 40 lbs from mid-summer to September. I was just above 200 lbs, and I hadn't been below that for several years. I felt almost high on life. I was hiking and I was really feeling good about myself. I came back from a work trip in September and just stopped exercising and just started binging. And now I am up 30 lbs - only 10 lbs from where I originally started. I baffle me. But mostly I disappoint me.

But, I am back again. So I ask myself, what can I do differently? Where did I start sliding backwards? Looking back, my visits to the website started falling off and that's a red flag because this is where I come for support. So Ideal Proteiners I am asking for support as the tears are streaming down my face. I wll not quit. I might have gone backwards, but I am here today and ready to go forward.
  • Welcome back!
  • Its a new day, the past is in the past move forward its the only thing we can do. If we keep going backwards we are never going to get there...You can do it....check in daily for your dosage of support
  • Thank you wuv and ragdoll - I will be here faithfully.
  • Welcome back. I agree, visiting this site (and posting) really helps to stay motivated and stay on track. That's why I've stopped lurking and started posting more. We've all been through what you're experiencing now - maybe not with IP, but with other diets in the past. Today is a new day!
  • your post really hits a chord....because this could be any ONE OF US!! really...its a very fine line...and takes constant monitoring. THANK YOU for being BRAVE enough to post...and INTELLIGENT enough to recognize the need to recommit and STRONG enough to do it!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Rainbow is right - could be any of us - and has been me in the past... Don't be ashamed, just get back at it!

Are you using myfitnesspal.com to track food and exercise? Some of us have friended each other there. Helps me feel like I am accountable to someone... My username there is LizzyH63 on MFP, so if you're interested send me an invitation.
  • I agree you are very brave for dusting yourself off and coming right back. I think checking in helps me a TON. I can talk myself into lots of nonsense when it's just me!! LOL
    Glad to see you back and good luck
  • Welcome back
    Quote: Welcome back. I agree, visiting this site (and posting) really helps to stay motivated and stay on track. That's why I've stopped lurking and started posting more. We've all been through what you're experiencing now - maybe not with IP, but with other diets in the past. Today is a new day!
    Well said, everyone. I, also, have been a lurker, and have vowed to become more of a poster. It's not easy when you're not used to sharing your thoughts and feelings, the bad along with the good.
  • Welcome back! There are so many amazing people on this sight to provide help and support....day by day is what I tell myself.
  • welcome back, we are all here for you

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • Welcome back! I think so many others have said it perfectly. It could have been and was probably all of us at sometime in our lives.
    You made the choice to come back here and that's one of the hardest parts. Good Luck!
  • Quote: I really didn't want to write this post. But I need to. I am ashamed, as silly as it sounds. I had lost almost 40 lbs from mid-summer to September. I was just above 200 lbs, and I hadn't been below that for several years. I felt almost high on life. I was hiking and I was really feeling good about myself. I came back from a work trip in September and just stopped exercising and just started binging. And now I am up 30 lbs - only 10 lbs from where I originally started. I baffle me. But mostly I disappoint me.

But, I am back again. So I ask myself, what can I do differently? Where did I start sliding backwards? Looking back, my visits to the website started falling off and that's a red flag because this is where I come for support. So Ideal Proteiners I am asking for support as the tears are streaming down my face. I wll not quit. I might have gone backwards, but I am here today and ready to go forward.
    Wow I could have written this before I started IP!!! The hardest part is over, admitting you slipped. Every single one of us (or at least most of us) had slipped while dieting. Id be rich if I had a quarter for every slip up!!!! Welcome and make it a daily "obligation" to come here and to post if temptation hits again!
  • So sorry that has happened. I have been there numerous times. I remember breaking down in tears in the doctors office one time. You are back! And, down 10. You are going to do great. Thank you for sharing, we all need the reminder. It does scare me to see/hear this, but coming back here is a huge step. You can do this. And, please post, It helps us all.

Welcome back!
  • Congrats on having the courage to admit what you've done and for coming back to the journey. We are there for you.