Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Default starting this journey, hoping for support

Hello,

I have struggled with being overweight forever. I have done diets, programs, paid support groups, gym memberships and whatnot.... but I don't think I ever really gave it 100% effort.

Now I am at my heaviest, and I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror.

In my job, I have to exude confidence and control (I am a high school teacher, English and Drama mostly) and I do a great job of acting.... and I even used to feel that way when I was slimmer, and I want to feel that way again.

Haven't shared my numbers as I don't actually know and frankly I don't plan on going out to buy a scale.

On that note I am from Canada but currently work in Cairo,Egypt which is presenting a different set of issues for me (ie raw vegetables = wicked sickness)...

so I hope I can find some support here, and offer support to others....

I need to do this for me.... and it needs to start today.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #2  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

There is nothing better than starting today! Just take advantage of every day, know that as time passes you will be putting forth the effort to become the person you want to be. There is nothing more precious than yourself and your health. Welcome!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your the commencement of your weight loss journey.

Know that no matter what, you can do this!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #5  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Like you said in my thread, we are both overseas teachers so I definitely know what you're going through! It's been a little easier living in the UK because the culture shock was less so I bet it's been much harder for you!

I wish you luck and I hope you can find some local foods that don't make you sick!!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote