ChaLean Extreme

• Has anyone tried this? Any pros or cons? I'm looking just to follow the strength-training portion and not the cardio. I really like what I've seen so far (the moves, the instructor, the visuals) so I was wondering if anyone has tried it recently?

Thanks!
  • I got the answers to my questions and did the first circuit today. Definitely right up my alley - just have to invest in a set of heavier weights (15 and/or 20 pounders).
  • Love it. Was in the best looking shape of my life on that program
    Wish she talked less
  • Hi Southern. Thanks for your post. Wow that's encourgaing to know. My favorite fitness person talks and talks and talks so I'm used to it! I don't care for the warm ups for some reason and will probably do my own. I love how the moves are nice and slow, how everyone goes at their own pace and the short breaks in between sets. Gives me a chance to catch my breathe, grab some water or take notes.

I did about 75% of "Burn Intervals" this morning. I was not going to attempt doing some of those moves like burpees that early in the morning, but I found the sets very effective.

If there's anyone out there doing this program and would like to join me in a challenge let me know.
  • i skip her warmups too. they bore me
  • So what kind of workouts are you doing now?
  • I'm looking to do this program after I finish Insanity. I love Insanity but I miss lifting as well.
  • Hey strutter - I'm only on my 4th day so feel free to let me know when you're finished with Insanity.

I've completed Burn Circuit 1 & 2 and Burn Intervals so far and things are going really well. I'm using 5 and 12 lbs weights for now.
  • Hi Sunny and everyone! I was looking for a Chalean thread, so glad I found this one!

I started Chalean Extreme last week, so I'm in Week 2 and will be doing Burn Circuit 2 for the second time tomorrow (I do Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays). I love it so far. I have to admit that I hate her warmups too (glad to know I wasn't the only one lol).

I'm actually doing Insanity and Chalean Extreme simultaneously. I'm doing Round 2 of Insanity so I already know what to expect. So far so good! I invested in the SelectTech weights and good thing I did because I had no idea I'd be using as heavy weights as I'm using...and I notice my strength has increased from last week and I'm using heavier weights than previously for certain exercises.

I'd definitely like to join in on the Chalean challenge!
  • YAY! Hi angieand2girls! Wow Insanity & C.E. at the same time? That's impressive!!! Like you I have seen an increase in strength too, but I can all see more definition too and it hasn't been a week yet! I think it's the slow, steady movements with the heavier weights is making the difference for me.

Regarding the warm ups for me I think I figured out why I don't like them. They are too fast. I spend more time trying to keep up then doing the actual warm up. That defeats the purpose. lol

I have started a thread here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html

Hope to see you (and anyone else who would like to join) there!
  • I just joined the Chalean challenge thread! See you there!