Who's going to get the first snow?!!!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • No snow yet in Chicago supposed to be a "mild" winter, we shall see! My heat went on last week when it dipped into the 30's. Not looking forward to that white, fluffy stuff at all. One good thing this year, my winter coat from 2 years ago that I really loved, will fit again.
  • No snow in CT yet, thank goodness! We had a giant snowstorm last year on October 29 that had at least 3/4 the state out of power for days and kept us out of school for a week. We still have hundreds of broken treetops dangling from enormous oak trees waiting to drop on our heads as a visual reminder of the infamous October Snowstorm.
    On a positive note, with almost 60 pounds down, I plan to resume my cross-country skiing this year and may also take up snowshoeing when the snow does come...in December, please.
  • I'm originally from Michigan & moved to st Louis. You can have your snow. I'd be happier on a beach in flip flops and shorts
    We had some cold rain that forced out a too-big coat yesterday but it kept me dry. Warm was another story
  • We don't get too much snow where I live. It got down to 37 here last night and dh turned the furnace on in the wee hours for the first time this season. I hope we have a mild winter! I have a brand new winter coat that I have yet to wear...it was a goal coat that I bought last year :blush: It's a cheetah print CK parka with a fur around the hood...hopefully by around Christmas I can fit into it! It is 2 sizes from where I started
  • Woke up to about 2 inches on my deck this morning. Supposed to go to a purse party thing at ten this morning...wondering what I am gonna wear. Obviously I can't do the capris I have been wearing all summer, for long pants I think I can fit into a size 14 I have, other than those they are all too big....hmmm gonna have to get some winter clothes I guess.
  • Woke up to an inch of snow this morning. My daughter and I are supposed to go on a hike with Girl Scouts this afternoon and I am actually looking forward to hiking in the beautiful fall leaves and white snow dustings.
  • We had snow mixed with rain about 10 days ago, and the weatherman says we might have the same this weekend. I had VIP get the pilot light lit in the heater a few days ago, and finally turned it on last night. Was down to about 61 in the house! This weekend the high temps are only in the upper 40s, and rainy & windy. There go all the beautiful leaves. But I love winter and am looking forward to snowshoeing again. Couldn't handle it last 2 winters.
  • Quote: We had snow mixed with rain about 10 days ago, and the weatherman says we might have the same this weekend. I had VIP get the pilot light lit in the heater a few days ago, and finally turned it on last night. Was down to about 61 in the house! This weekend the high temps are only in the upper 40s, and rainy & windy. There go all the beautiful leaves. But I love winter and am looking forward to snowshoeing again. Couldn't handle it last 2 winters.
    I am with you on the snowshoeing! I can't wait to go with my family! We take our special needs class snowshoeing and I am really looking forward to that too. I will be packing 60 less pounds around on my shoes!
  • no snow here yet..but low was 26 degrees
  • My flowers are all frozen theis morning. Look beautiful now but soon will be balck so need to get out and chop things down. This is the longest they have lasted, most years we had a froast sometime in September then nice weather comes again but thetá the end of the flowers.
  • Was 84 degrees yesterday and 56 today. What a sudden change, brrrr!
  • Still in the mid 80's here in Texas and wearing shorts and flip flops. Now I know why I enjoy living in the south.
  • I may not be the first to get snow, but I'll beat everyone in the quantity of snow! Gatineau, Québec representing!

Yep, that's the top of a wooden swing you see!
  • Quote: I may not be the first to get snow, but I'll beat everyone in the quantity of snow! Gatineau, Québec representing!

Yep, that's the top of a wooden swing you see!
    That is just WRONG!
  • We don't get that much in an entire winter and you've got that much already? I promise not to complain (well I probably will, but maybe not so much).

Vvei, you are one tough chick!