I did it - I said goodbye to 60 pounds! :)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • oh, how I've waited for the day to post here

so, today I'm so happy to say that I've reached my goal of 160. (Edit: Mar 13, now 146, 74 lbs lost)
    although, it doesn't stop here and I'm now moving on to the coveted category of a normal BMI. therefore, my new goal will be 145. Partly because I've never been under 152 as an adult and I wanted to see if I can do it. I mean, heck, I NEVER thought I could lose 60 pounds!! why not try for 75??

A quick story of mine.. battled weight most of my life, but not obese til later. I joined the Navy, but still struggled during my 15 years in luckily, all the working out helped, but I NEVER had a grip on proper eating. 1st pregnancy at 175lbs. Stay at home mom and a 2nd pregnancy less than a year later at 213lbs. For the next 5 years, I never weighed under 210. By christmas 2011, thanks to my mother in law's cooking (oh, and my inability to control my eating) I was up to 220. I stewed on the disappointment of reaching my highest non-pregnancy weight for the next week and by January 6, 2012, I was DONE! I called my husband at work and made a pledge on that day - it was my last day being fat. He said he'd support me in any way I started calorie counting, 1200 calories and working out 3 times a week. a month and half later, I upped my workouts to 6 times a week (averaging 2 hours a day). I hit my weight loss journey FULL STEAM AHEAD. I may not have done it the best way I could have, but it worked for me and I continued to be motivated (I am still learning along the way). I joined a Biggest loser competition at my gym for discipline and 10 weeks later, I won! Then I joined a calorie burn contest at my gym, I won! I guess I needed these things to keep me going strong. I did a couple 5ks, taking 8 minutes off my 2nd! I'm currently signed up for a mud run in September in which I've coerced 30 others to join me I consistently lost about 10 lbs a month until my plateau in June. I kept at it, I changed things up a little bit. A different workout, more calories, more protein, etc, but the plateau continued for most of July too. I went back to my normal workouts (zumba 3 days a week, running 3 days a week, strength training 5 days) and thankfully, my plateau busted.

of course 3FC was so important in my journey and I visited this site almost daily, taking in all the wisdom and support offered by all you awesome people out there! I got the motivation and inspiration I needed to stay on track

I was in a hurry to post here today, so my pics aren't as cool as they coulda been Since my stomach used to look like I was 6 months pregnant (just 6 months ago), I've posted some belly shots The first couple pics are from a year ago and the last 3 are from this month.

Thank you so much for reading!!!

Mar 2013 edit: my initial goal was 145. after months of a plateau, I decided to change gears :-) I signed on to medifast and I have the best nutrition coach! I'm learning to eat right and finally realized I didn't have to continue killing myself at the gym for over 2 hours daily, thank god, cuz I was getting burnt out.. I am currently at 146 and my goal has been adjusted once again I'm still shooting for a normal bmi, which has moved my goal to 140 now, since I realized I'm an inch shorter. I'm really excited about my new program. Im finally doing it with ease and its working! Yay! I plan to post more near goal pics soon :-)

• Wow I'm super proud and I inspired by you. Congratulations! You did the work and are keeping me psyched!
  • Look at you, hot stuff! Congratulations on losing sixty pounds!
  • Congrats!
  • WTG! You look great
  • Thank you so much guys
  • You have done an amazing job and you look great.
  • Thank you so much for sharing! You are an inspiration to me- especially since we have the same "Before" stats. I will be role modeling you for my weight loss Thanks again and congrats!!!!
  • That's awesome and you look fab! Congrats and good luck reaching your new goal too!
  • wow, you look amazing....and look at those abs....tell us, how'd you get those abs??
    Congratulations and good luck with the next 15lbs....you will do it i'm sure.
  • Congratulations Alisha! You look great!
  • truley amazing!!!! congrats
  • Congratulations you are looking great !
  • You look amazing! I'm so proud of you! You give me so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story. I can see how much hard work and dedication you've committed to changing your life over the last several months. You make me want to push harder so I can reach my goal just like you!
  • Congratulations!!! You look great!