Do you ever have guilt even when you've stayed on plan?

• This has been my best week so far since I started my diet 4 weeks ago. I have stayed on plan (WW) every day without going over my points. I have really found my stride in my workouts and have really stepped it up.

Today my sis was eating s'mores in front of me and I had lots of points to spare and I decided to have some too. I didn't go over my points. In fact, I still have points to spare and the day is nearly over since it's just hours from bedtime. But I'm feeling HUGE guilt. Why? I think because I know I should eat something with some nutritional value instead of junk. But I do believe in occasional treats to help stay on plan and satisfy cravings. Why do I feel such guilt over this but not when I have a weight watchers icecream bar or a skinny cow?

I'm just wondering if any of you ever feel this way? Even if you aren't necessarily on WW, do any of you ever treat yourself without surpassing your allotted calories and still feel guilt?
  • yes, i also have these feelings. i know that i should treat myself to avoid binges but i wish my treats were more healthy since i am not realizing how important it is to take care of myself. i ate a hot fudge sundae and thought afterwards I could have been just as happy with wholesome foods, why did I go and eat that sundae. even though i stayed on plan i was feeling badly for making a choice to eat junk.
  • Nope, no guilt when eating foods with little nutritional value. I do feel guilt when I overeat, though, especially if I was planning for an OP day.

F.
  • I wish I had that problem! LOL!! I like see food,... I see food and I eat it.

I'm glad you let go and allowed yourself the indulgence! I hope you feel more relaxed about it later.