Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default One of my main goals achieved

One of the main reasons I started this whole journey is because I have a 4 year old daughter. Not only did I want to make sure I'll be there for her in the future, I just wanted to be able to keep up with her now! I got so tired of huffing and puffing along behind her at the park and truly needed to make a change.
So yesterday I took her to a small carnival. There was one of those giant slides there. The kind that you have to walk up a ton of stairs to get to the top. Six months ago there was no way I would have been able to make it up those stairs even once without almost passing out. I could barely get up my house stairs without my knees aching and having to stop to catch my breath.
Yesterday I climbed that slide 11 times in a row!
We had the most amazing time together. Screaming and laughing all the way down, then running back to the top to do it again. I wasn't the least bit winded. I wasn't worried about the ride guys laughing at the huffing puffing fat girl. I was just having fun with my little girl, and that to me is my biggest achievment in this journey so far.
Im gonna call this particular goal a success.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #2  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

That's great!! I know that's not easy. and you also got an awesome workout Congrats on your NSV!!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See ticker for pounds lost

Congrats! I know your daughter enjoyed it too!
VibrantThang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Keep it up. I know when your daughter grows she will be your best friend and she will say, whatever I am is because of my mother. My daughter says it all the time.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

That is so awesome! I am happy and proud of you! I can imagine the wonderful feeling. I am glad you and your daughter has such a great time and I would definitely count that as a success!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote