Alternatives for Phase 1 "talk"

You're on Page 32 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Great summary for looking at alternatives! Thanks!

Just one clarification - the Strawberry Wafers from IP are 200 calories, 13g carbs and 15g protein.

BUT...they are really yummy!
    Yep, there are always exceptions - for example the Proti Diet vanilla wafers are 165 calories, 8g net carbs (I believe), but TEN GRAMS of fat - more fattening than they should be but as long as you use ALL of the products with awareness you will be fine
  • Quote: There are lots of alternative brands. Here's basically what you want to look for:

12g or more protein
    8g carbs or less (unrestricted item)
    9g carbs or more (restricted item)
    over 15g carbs (super restricted item, once or twice a week)
    Calories can vary depending on the product, but I don't think there's a single IP packet that's over 200 calories. Unrestricted items seem to fall in the 90-110 calorie range, with restricted items somewhere under 160 calories.
    Anything that will be comparable to IP should be very low fat.

Good luck!
    I wondered the same thing because I began alternatives in maintenance. I've ordered items and use them but never knew how I should pick them out. One concern I have though...can an alternative have sugar as an ingredient? I've purchased alternative bars based on recommendations of others only to find they have sugar listed as an ingredient. (Other than the sugar the carbs protein etc match what you've listed as criteria to look for.)

Thanks,
    Maggie
  • Quote: I wondered the same thing because I began alternatives in maintenance. I've ordered items and use them but never knew how I should pick them out. One concern I have though...can an alternative have sugar as an ingredient? I've purchased alternative bars based on recommendations of others only to find they have sugar listed as an ingredient. (Other than the sugar the carbs protein etc match what you've listed as criteria to look for.)

Thanks,
    Maggie
    Some of the IP products have sugar in them as well - so I don't worry too much about it other than to check labels for aspartame sweetener.
  • Quote: Some of the IP products have sugar in them as well - so I don't worry too much about it other than to check labels for aspartame sweetener.
    Phew... Thank you! I'm currently in a two week reboot...need a longer one but I have a special event in two weeks. (wedding anniversary)...Woohoo!!!

Thanks again!
  • Quote: Phew... Thank you! I'm currently in a two week reboot...need a longer one but I have a special event in two weeks. (wedding anniversary)...Woohoo!!!

Thanks again!
    Awww - happy anniversary!!
  • Quote: Awww - happy anniversary!!
    Thank you!
  • Quote: Doctor's Best Weight Loss has a 15% off with code thanks15 through Sunday midnight. Their US free shipping is for orders over $55.

Molly
    Molly, thank you so much for posting! I just ordered 5 boxes of fun, new stuff and it was under $50 including shipping. Can't wait to try the cocomint drink and to make chocolate bark!
  • Quote: Molly, thank you so much for posting! I just ordered 5 boxes of fun, new stuff and it was under $50 including shipping. Can't wait to try the cocomint drink and to make chocolate bark!
    The Cocomint is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it a week ago and love it!!! I'm not a big pudding fan so I've only tried it as a shake....SO GOOD!!!
  • I received a sample of the proti-thin cinnamon crispy treats with my last order. OMG it was so yummy. I will be ordering those next time.
  • About to place my first alternatives order! I think I'm all set, but I would love to know which chocolate you all drink that is most similar to the IP chocolate drink. Thank you!
  • I like the proti-thin hot chocolate drink. It tastes like the IP one.

You can drink it hot or cold.
  • Cocoa Powder
    Howdy, I am interested in trying the bark recipes and have a question about the use of cocoa powder. Is this ok to use on Phase 1 and is there a limit? I was at local health food store where they sell it in bulk, where you measure out the amount you want with a little scoop and put it in a bag, it is organic. I think the brand is Frontier. I did note that the label said 2 carbs and it didn't appear to have any sugar, but I can't recall for what serving size that was. I didn't buy any until I find out more information. What are your thoughts on cocoa powder?

For me, I would probably stay away from Hershey's or that type of cocoa powder, without even looking I'm guessing they have added sugars.

Last Xmas I went way off my eating plan because I found "peppermint bark ice cream", you know, that chocolate peppermint bark you see around the holidays broken up in vanilla ice cream and I thought this is what having an addition to crack must be like! I am looking for any suggestions how to incorporate either IP products, or alternative products to best duplicate this somehow, so any ideas are most appreciated. I must be armed and ready this holiday season..dunno maybe something with vanilla pudding, choco soy puffs and peppermint oil
  • Quote: Howdy, I am interested in trying the bark recipes and have a question about the use of cocoa powder. Is this ok to use on Phase 1 and is there a limit? I was at local health food store where they sell it in bulk, where you measure out the amount you want with a little scoop and put it in a bag, it is organic. I think the brand is Frontier. I did note that the label said 2 carbs and it didn't appear to have any sugar, but I can't recall for what serving size that was. I didn't buy any until I find out more information. What are your thoughts on cocoa powder?

For me, I would probably stay away from Hershey's or that type of cocoa powder, without even looking I'm guessing they have added sugars.

Last Xmas I went way off my eating plan because I found "peppermint bark ice cream", you know, that chocolate peppermint bark you see around the holidays broken up in vanilla ice cream and I thought this is what having an addition to crack must be like! I am looking for any suggestions how to incorporate either IP products, or alternative products to best duplicate this somehow, so any ideas are most appreciated. I must be armed and ready this holiday season..dunno maybe something with vanilla pudding, choco soy puffs and peppermint oil
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...umn-2-a-7.html

you can make the peppermint drops without cocoa
  • Quote: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...umn-2-a-7.html

you can make the peppermint drops without cocoa
    Thanks Rainbow! What are your thoughts on using cocoa powder? Is it allowed on Phase 1 and is there a limit? Thank you
  • Quote: Thanks Rainbow! What are your thoughts on using cocoa powder? Is it allowed on Phase 1 and is there a limit? Thank you
    Even unsweetened cocoa powder has carbs, about 3 per tbsp. Anything not on the sheet has to be 0 carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugars, so it is not allowed according to the sheet.