Anyone want to start a support group for a juice fast?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey! I just finished a 3 day juice fast to try it out and loved it. Now I want to start a longer fast for 3 weeks! Who's with me?
  • Come on! It's a great way to lose weight guys
  • I'm a little wary of this, although I've always been interested in trying it. My main concern is muscle loss due to lower protein levels...does anyone know of the best ways to maximize protein intake on this kind of fast?
  • Just because it's a "great" way to lose weight does not mean it is healthy. It could be why you do not have a lot of replies... It's okay for a few days but WEEKS?... I would think long and hard about this.
  • ajohnson2 when do you want to start, I've been wanting to try it for a while.
  • I would love to take part in a juice support group!

I am doing a hybrid juice fast, where I have one full fast day per week and then five days of juice for breakfast and snacks, with low-carb, mostly veg and protein, lunch and dinner. Mid-week I have one free day with higher calories and carbs.
  • I've been thinking of trying juice fasts, maybe a 3-day one each month to get rid of PMS water weight. I don't have a juicer though. Would a smoothie fast work?
  • I just finished a 4-day juice fast in solidarity with my roommates. They're going on longer but it was making me lose weight too quickly!

You guys should do it -- it's effective, delicious, energizing, and won't deprive you of essential nutrients (since you're getting so many vitamins, minerals, soluble fibers, and even protein from the juice). As long as you're juicing veggies and not drinking Tropicana
  • Amandie, I understand and appreciate your concern, but there are people who do this for months healthfully. It is important, however to maintain a healthy balance of nutrition and calories. Heck, there are people that also live on nothing but fast food. However, you make a great point that whatever type of nutritional diet people decide to follow, it should be done after careful thought and research.

I think the length of time is subjective to the person fasting. I am an If'er and an emotional eater. So, I juice during the week while I'm working and stressed and then eat proper solid foods during my window 2-3 days between Fri-Sun. However, I do follow my body cues when I need to eat more. I'm not doing this forever either, just during this particularly stressful time with work while I'm restarting my weightloss journey. Then do it maybe 3 days a week to clean my insides.

As far as protein is concerned, I add a protein powder drink to my routine. So, I'm not juice-fasting per se, but the majority of my nutrition comes from nutrient-rich drinks like freshly juiced juice, Alive! Green drink and soy protein drinks. I also make sure not to overdo certain vitamins such as Vitamin A.
  • I have been considering doing this. Every day I log my food intake into myfitnesspal and I am consistently low in both iron and potassium. Iron is especially a problem for me. I have started drinking one of those "mean green" drinks a day to supplement. One day, just for kicks, I entered the diet that they are doing on that reboot site into my fitnesspal. Basically it is just 4 of those mean greens a day and nothing else. When I analyzed the nutrient composition of that day it was actually way better than my good/normal days where all i am really eating are veges, fruit, almond milk, yogurt, and lean proteins. The only things it was low in was protein and fat. The protein level was actually not too bad. It was 50% of recommended values but I figured I could add some protein powder or something. The fat level was almost nonexistent and I am a little worried about that one.

edited to say that the total calories for the day are about 1240 but you could always drink some fruit juice or other juices if you wanted it higher.
  • I did the 30 days and felt AMAZING I just recently started juicing breakfast and eating "Clean" the rest of the day I weighed in at 210 this morning hoping to be to my first BIG goal of 199 by Dec 1 (if not lower lol) but as I said before i did it and would love to help other's do it as well, Im here to answer any questions I can
  • I am starting a juice fast, end of day one today. I have been struggling with my weight for years now. I feel heavy and sick. I am deteriorating physically and cannot bear to go on fat.
    My main concern is the fact that I struggle with migraines. It is the end of the first day and I already have a good headache. Any suggestions on how to ward off the headaches and juice fast? This is the one thing that has prevented me from losing weight more than anything else.
  • I would LOVE to get on board with a support group! I bought my veggies and juicer over the weekend and I'm ready to go full speed as of tomorrow!! My parents started juicing (due to some health issues with my dad), which caused me to look more into it...I would love some additional support from here as well
  • Quote: I would LOVE to get on board with a support group! I bought my veggies and juicer over the weekend and I'm ready to go full speed as of tomorrow!! My parents started juicing (due to some health issues with my dad), which caused me to look more into it...I would love some additional support from here as well
    Hey, I fell off the wagon, well sort of. I did a 13 day juice only fast. I ended up breaking the fast for Thanksgiving with the family. Then after the holiday, I was juicing during the day with a normal meal in the evening. I have ate bad for the last 2 days and am about to juice fast again.
  • I am going to join this as well really soon but I have to finish my food I bought first just wanted to add you can get protein as long as you are juicing enough greens per day.