Men on IP

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: This is some awesome info usmcvet. I'll be eating in the mess hall. I have access to the kitchen. I guess I can bring my food and put what ever meat/veggies I need in their fridge and go fix it up when needed. Don't really know why I was worried about that. Being new to this makes me a little worried I guess.
    That is awesome. You're thinking ahead and planning. Let us know how it goes.
  • Feeling skinny today. I'm hoping for my 100 pound goal at WI tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.
  • Quote: You can try to mix white/clear vineger, a little mustard and misses dash no salt seasoning. Makes a nice dressing but you have to adjust the measurements to taste. From what I remember, vinegar is not used a lot in the States.
    Thanks for the info. I jumped off the deep end (for me) and decided to just try spinach raw. WOW, it was pretty good. So for dinner last night I had some tuna fish, two boiled eggs, dejon mustard and just tossed in the spinach. I think that was my best dinner so far.
  • Motivation?
    Here is the photo I use for motivation.

• Quote: Thanks for the info. I jumped off the deep end (for me) and decided to just try spinach raw. WOW, it was pretty good. So for dinner last night I had some tuna fish, two boiled eggs, dejon mustard and just tossed in the spinach. I think that was my best dinner so far.
    Sounds delicious. I am sure all of your time eating in chow halls and MRE's has made a lot of this IP food easy to deal with. I know I hear folks complain about certain foods but nothing in IP is as nasty as some of the MRE's I disliked, the chicken ala king and the dehydrated pork paty meals were NASTY. The chicken might have been good heated up but we did not have the meal heaters during the Gulf War. I think they're standard now. So all of those meals were eaten cold. That has given me a greater appreciation and tolerance for different food.

The only time I remember getting heaters in my MRE's were the winter meals in the white packages, not sure if they even make them anymore. I used to have the meal numbers memorized and we would trade like crazy. Those little bottles of tobasco were awesome.
  • Quote: The only time I remember getting heaters in my MRE's were the winter meals in the white packages, not sure if they even make them anymore. I used to have the meal numbers memorized and we would trade like crazy. Those little bottles of tobasco were awesome.
    I've been in the National Guard since '94 and have never seen the white winter MRE. But, I live in Louisiana, we don't have winter here!!

Yeah, I agree with you that the MREs made me ready for some of the IP food. But, when I opened my first IP chocolate chip cookie I tossed away. It was almost exactly like an MRE cookie. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. So, I had the white chocolate cinnamon bar. I LOVE THOSE
  • Quote: I've been in the National Guard since '94 and have never seen the white winter MRE. But, I live in Louisiana, we don't have winter here!!

Yeah, I agree with you that the MREs made me ready for some of the IP food. But, when I opened my first IP chocolate chip cookie I tossed away. It was almost exactly like an MRE cookie. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. So, I had the white chocolate cinnamon bar. I LOVE THOSE
    Sounds good. I am a weirdo I loved the chocolate nut cake. Inthink therenwas a maple walnut cakemtoo the dry oatmelmbars were okay the bread was nasty. I never saw cookies inthink therenare many more meals now. The winter MREs were issued to us becausenwe were a mountain cold warfare unit in Manchester, NH they all had the "new" at the time heaters. Thenonlything I've spit out was the walden farms peanut spread and jelly. It was gross. My wife was surprised to see me get up and spit nit right out.

• So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me. It took about ten min for it to hit me, and then I got emotional and cried. I had two wonderful hugs from Dr. Lake and my coach Emily. So I searched for a new fun photo and I found this. Then Dr. Lake gave me a ketosis stick to see what color it would be. The stick was bright purple, the same color as my shirt today. Dr. Lake said I was in deep ketosis.

Many of you know about the damage VT suffered following Hurricane Irene. Route 107 was hit very hard. Here are a few photos. Believe me when I tell you they do not even begin to show you how badly we were hit by Irene. While impressive the photos just do not paint the complete picture.

I am not done with my weight loss but these photos kind of hit me today. Loosing 100#’s was something I never thought I would be able to do. Well it’s freaking done and I have another 143 to go until I hit goal. The torn up roads and broken bridges made me think of my struggle and the struggle Vermonters went through following Irene. They are very different struggles but they are struggles. Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.
  • Quote:
    So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me. It took about ten min for it to hit me, and then I got emotional and cried. I had two wonderful hugs from Dr. Lake and my coach Emily. So I searched for a new fun photo and I found this. Then Dr. Lake gave me a ketosis stick to see what color it would be. The stick was bright purple, the same color as my shirt today. Dr. Lake said I was in deep ketosis.

I am not done with my weight loss but these photos kind of hit me today. Loosing 100#’s was something I never thought I would be able to do. Well it’s freaking done and I have another 143 to go until I hit goal. The torn up roads and broken bridges made me think of my struggle and the struggle Vermonters went through following Irene. They are very different struggles but they are struggles. Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.
    What was that, like 11 lb loss or so! That's amazing. Excellent story as well, and how you tied it together. Great job man, keep it up! You're an inspiration.
  • Quote: So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me.
    Wow, what a day full of crazy stuff being the same, color, hwy number, weight loss number.... AWESOME!!!!
  • It was a pretty good day.
  • Quote: It was a pretty good day.
    Wow oh wow buddy! Huge congrats, you are killing this diet. You should be so proud, heck I am proud of you. You are lookin great too by the way.

Way to go, super happy for you!
  • I am DAMN PROUD of ALL OF YOU guys!!....Its not too often men will come forward on dieting but y'all have and that is awesome. Y'all are all doing so well.....I am so glad to have met y'all
  • Quote: I am DAMN PROUD of ALL OF YOU guys!!....Its not too often men will come forward on dieting but y'all have and that is awesome. Y'all are all doing so well.....I am so glad to have met y'all
    Thanks Wuv...heck ive never dieted before so never had the chance to come forward. Heck ive tried everything EXCEPT diet and exercise....and ya, it wasnt working. I tried to will the fat away for a bit but that didnt work either lol...

This site is full of inspiring people and support, but its great to have some other guys to talk to. Not that we dont like talking to you ladies, but its a different perspective.
  • Quote: Thanks Wuv...heck ive never dieted before so never had the chance to come forward. Heck ive tried everything EXCEPT diet and exercise....and ya, it wasnt working. I tried to will the fat away for a bit but that didnt work either lol...

This site is full of inspiring people and support, but its great to have some other guys to talk to. Not that we dont like talking to you ladies, but its a different perspective.
    You are welcome, most of the ladies wouldn't know "guy talk"...lol...Y'all made it to the second page again....GRRRRR...can't have my men there.....gotta bump them up