Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #181  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
Well, I haven't been on the site for a few days as I've been very busy. I am not a happy person right now. I know that I've been as close to plan as possible, with the only exceptions are having 2 restricteds in one day as opposed to 1. My supply is dwindling and I don't go to my clinic until Wednesday and that is why I am having 2 restricteds. On that note, I feel like this past week has been a waste of time. I think I may have lost all of 1 pound so far this week with 2 days before my next WI. I don't feel any skinnier than I did last Wednesday, and with 3 weeks of holidays coming up, I wanted to be near the 200 lb mark by the time we go. Right now, I doubt I will be there, and it's definitely bothering me. Just getting back on this site today has definitely helped my mood, as I am ready to be done Phase 1. I think getting back to a normal routine will help me the next couple of weeks. Thanks guys and have a great day!
My losses have slowed dramatically as well, but, its still a loss, and i keep losing inches so trust me i know where you are coming from. So far i have had 5 days at the same weight. Last week i had 6 days at the same weight. As long as i keep losing inches and body fat im ok with the scale not moving. But its tough for sure
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #182  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Default New to IP

Hi there fellas. My name is John and started IP last Wednesday, June 20. So far so good. My willpower is doing great. Went to a birthday party on Saturday and didn't break any of my eating needs.

I'm a newly turned 40 year old, great computer job (so I sit all day) Over the past year or so I've put on about 55 lbs that I'm going to put right back off.

I like the program so far. My only worry was that I am not a vegetable eater. But, I've started eating bell peppers. I was SO excited that dill pickles were in their list of vegetables. LOL Anyway, 2 cups of veggies twice a day is becoming difficult. I've started looking at the recipes on this site and hopefully they will help me get my veggie count up where it needs to be.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI. It's cool to find this site, especially the thread for the men.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #183  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hi there fellas. My name is John and started IP last Wednesday, June 20. So far so good. My willpower is doing great. Went to a birthday party on Saturday and didn't break any of my eating needs.

I'm a newly turned 40 year old, great computer job (so I sit all day) Over the past year or so I've put on about 55 lbs that I'm going to put right back off.

I like the program so far. My only worry was that I am not a vegetable eater. But, I've started eating bell peppers. I was SO excited that dill pickles were in their list of vegetables. LOL Anyway, 2 cups of veggies twice a day is becoming difficult. I've started looking at the recipes on this site and hopefully they will help me get my veggie count up where it needs to be.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI. It's cool to find this site, especially the thread for the men.
Fnd some you like. Eat your veggies!I eat mushrooms and green pepper almost exclusively. I like the and they're easy to make.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #184  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

Welcome and congrats on your decision to start IP. I am 7 weeks in now and having great success, and feel fantastic. I too was not a vegetable eater and 4 cups was impossible to me. I eat the omelet nearly every morning and add 1 cup of mushrooms and a cup of spinach to it which leaves only 2 cups for supper. Trust me when i say your tastes will change and you will soon love veggies.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #185  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I can now ditch the size 54 shorts I've been wearing. Both have required me to wear suspenders to keep them from falling off. Found two pair of shorts in the basement this morning. Size 50 and they're a little loose! Still huge but I am looking forward to needing 48's and getting below 50" for the first time in a Loooong time.
Way to go brother!

I'm busting out old t-shirts, pants, shorts & sweatshirts that haven't fit in years!
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #186  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

One thing I do with veggies is put mustard on my salad. Not everyone likes mustard, but you can find lots of mustards that are 0/0/0. I cut up my veggies, add lots of romain or iceberg lettuce, my sea salt, and my olive oil, mustard, mix it up, and let it sit for a while, and it's the best way for me to eat all of the veggies. I like a lot of veggies, so I didn't have a problem from before, but it gets old not eating them with a dressing.
Robag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #187  

Quote:
One thing I do with veggies is put mustard on my salad. Not everyone likes mustard, but you can find lots of mustards that are 0/0/0. I cut up my veggies, add lots of romain or iceberg lettuce, my sea salt, and my olive oil, mustard, mix it up, and let it sit for a while, and it's the best way for me to eat all of the veggies. I like a lot of veggies, so I didn't have a problem from before, but it gets old not eating them with a dressing.
Thanks for the ideas. My sister sent me some ways to fix up spinich. But, a romain lettuce, spinich, bell pepper salad doesn't sound too tasty. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Welcome and congrats on your decision to start IP. I am 7 weeks in now and having great success, and feel fantastic. I too was not a vegetable eater and 4 cups was impossible to me. I eat the omelet nearly every morning and add 1 cup of mushrooms and a cup of spinach to it which leaves only 2 cups for supper. Trust me when i say your tastes will change and you will soon love veggies.
I'm going for my first WI tomorrow, I'll see about getting the omelet stuff. I've been loving the premixed chocolate shakes for breakfast. I tried the chocolate pancakes and totally screwed them up. Don't know what I was thinking when I dumped the entire batch into my skillet at once. LOL

Anyway, if I can find some dried mushrooms I could do those in an omelet. Thanks for the idea.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #189  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Way to go brother!

I'm busting out old t-shirts, pants, shorts & sweatshirts that haven't fit in years!
I had to breakout the suspenders, the 50's are too big, so it's good but damn it I gotta go shopping now.

Quote:
I use lots of 0/0/0 mustard too.

Quote:
I'm going for my first WI tomorrow, I'll see about getting the omelet stuff. I've been loving the premixed chocolate shakes for breakfast. I tried the chocolate pancakes and totally screwed them up. Don't know what I was thinking when I dumped the entire batch into my skillet at once. LOL

Anyway, if I can find some dried mushrooms I could do those in an omelet. Thanks for the idea.
JW

I buy pre sliced mushrooms, they are washed and sliced and not much more expansiveness (less than fifty cents), it is worth it to me for the time savings. I don't even need to slice them. I put me olive oil in a pan, start heating it and break up the slices until I have at least a cup of them, sometimes I add green pepper too. Then I take my herb and cheese omelet mix, mix it up, turn down the heat, stir the veggies until they stop sizzling and pour in the omelet mix. I am an impatient cook and often cook on high, the veggies are okay with that for a short time, then I need to turn down the heat.

That is a huge breakfast and really holds me over well.

Good luck at your first WI and welcome.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #190  

Quote:
JW

I buy pre sliced mushrooms, they are washed and sliced and not much more expansiveness (less than fifty cents), it is worth it to me for the time savings. I don't even need to slice them. I put me olive oil in a pan, start heating it and break up the slices until I have at least a cup of them, sometimes I add green pepper too. Then I take my herb and cheese omelet mix, mix it up, turn down the heat, stir the veggies until they stop sizzling and pour in the omelet mix. I am an impatient cook and often cook on high, the veggies are okay with that for a short time, then I need to turn down the heat.

That is a huge breakfast and really holds me over well.

Good luck at your first WI and welcome.
Nice idea, I'll be getting the omelet stuff tomorrow at WI. I really love the chocolate pre-made shake for breakfast, but if mushrooms and bellpepper omelet helps me get in more veggies, I think that is the way to go.

I noticed your screen name USMCVET, do you have any suggestions for me while I am at National Guard drill this weekend? It will be my first weekend away from the house while OP. (I ask you this because I respect your screen name and also the great progress you are making!)
Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #191  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I had to breakout the suspenders, the 50's are too big, so it's good but damn it I gotta go shopping now.
Hoarding has it's upsides
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #192  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Nice idea, I'll be getting the omelet stuff tomorrow at WI. I really love the chocolate pre-made shake for breakfast, but if mushrooms and bellpepper omelet helps me get in more veggies, I think that is the way to go.

I noticed your screen name USMCVET, do you have any suggestions for me while I am at National Guard drill this weekend? It will be my first weekend away from the house while OP. (I ask you this because I respect your screen name and also the great progress you are making!)
Oh boy that is a great question. Will you be eating at the drill center or in the field? Not sure what your rank is but if you speak to your chain of command they may give you access to kitchen? Can you bring a cooler? I have been out for 20 years. I love the powdered chocolate drink mix, the wildberry yogurt mix. The IP bars or Pure Protien bars from Walmart are great and easy but they will be nasty quick in the heat. I really like the BBQ and Cheese Curl ridges. They will take the heat well so will the powdered drinks. The tomato soup and chicken Ala king is also good and you could make the soups in a canteen cup, do you have one? The area that might be tough is the lean protein. Again Walmart or your super market will sell tuna fish in single serving packages. I keep some in my truck and desk at work. I think I bought 2 ounce packs and a bigger 6 or o ounce pack. If you are doing ma ual labor or PT at drill remember to have an extra packet. Not sure if you have access to a Costco but I just saw they sell cases if ready to drink muscle Milk Lite, Walmart has EAS RTD 4 pack for like $5. W/O a cooler veggies might be tough. Dill pickles are a possibility too. The kind that don't require refrigeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Hoarding has it's upsides
they were my favorite 5.11 academy shorts. I have a. Unchanged of 5.11 pants I saved because I planned to lose weight. Now it is finally happening.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #193  

This is some awesome info usmcvet. I'll be eating in the mess hall. I have access to the kitchen. I guess I can bring my food and put what ever meat/veggies I need in their fridge and go fix it up when needed. Don't really know why I was worried about that. Being new to this makes me a little worried I guess.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas77 View Post
I am in Ottawa.

BTW just saw your ticker...congrats!!!
Cas77. That is pretty cool that we are in the same area. I travel to Ottawa for work. I would PM if I knew how.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Thanks for the ideas. My sister sent me some ways to fix up spinich. But, a romain lettuce, spinich, bell pepper salad doesn't sound too tasty. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
You can try to mix white/clear vineger, a little mustard and misses dash no salt seasoning. Makes a nice dressing but you have to adjust the measurements to taste. From what I remember, vinegar is not used a lot in the States.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote