The Canada Thread

You're on Page 15 of 35
Go to
  • I'm new!
    Hey everyone. I've just started IP. Today is day 3. I'm already bored with the soups! Any helpful ideas?..
  • Quote: NO!!!!! Sad sad news about the quest bars from the low carb grocery!!!! I LOVE those bars!!! Now where to get them other than Nashua??? Geez.
    Quote: Darn I liked the Quest bars too because they are so high in fibre.
    Quote: I was able to buy the Quest bars directly from their site.
    ITA - I love the Quest line of bars, and much prefer them to most of the others I've tried. Part of it is that they're gluten free, but also appreciated the high fibre level, and the fact that they didn't have maltitol in them. And it was handy to be able to order them along with whatever else I needed from thelowcarbgrocery.

As Lurking Linda said above, we can always order direct from their website. It just isn't quite so handy as the 'one stop shopping' approach that existed before through thelowcarbgrocery.
  • Quote: Hey everyone. I've just started IP. Today is day 3. I'm already bored with the soups! Any helpful ideas?..
    I find most of the soups much tastier when I blend veggies in with them. Plus a few spices. A dash of curry powder and a smidgen of cayenne really add some oomph. Plus I most often add some dehydrated onion flakes as well.
  • Great. Will give that a try!
  • Do you know where
    Hello Everyone

Can someone tell me where there would be an IP place where I can buy some supplies in Sherwood Park area of Edmonton.

I'm coming from 4 away and I thought I would pick some things up while I'm in town

Thanks bunch Everyone

Sharon G.
  • Hello,

Okay, anyone want some chicken a la king packages (3 or 4 I think). They are NOT my favourite!

Im not sure what the postage would be, but I don't want them. Jenn
  • Got my Simply Bars today and LOVE the one I had. I am going to miss IPs Caramel Nut Bar though, anyone find an alternative in Canada?
  • Quote: Hello Everyone

Can someone tell me where there would be an IP place where I can buy some supplies in Sherwood Park area of Edmonton.

I'm coming from 4 away and I thought I would pick some things up while I'm in town

Thanks bunch Everyone

Sharon G.
    Do you mean an actual clinic? I haven't heard of any in Sherwood Park.
    there were some in Fort Saskatchewan which is also just east of Edmonton.

Is there anyone (Canadian) who would like some protithin chili packets? I bought two boxes and ate a few but just don't like them. I hate to waste food. If anyone likes them I'll ship them.
    Pat
  • Quote: Do you mean an actual clinic? I haven't heard of any in Sherwood Park.
    there were some in Fort Saskatchewan which is also just east of Edmonton.

Is there anyone (Canadian) who would like some protithin chili packets? I bought two boxes and ate a few but just don't like them. I hate to waste food. If anyone likes them I'll ship them.
    Pat
    Shipping gets crazy so here's a suggestion FIRST -- Put them in a crockpot with a chunk of pork tenderloin, or chicken, or something and some extra water. Maybe it will dull the salt or whatever you don't like, but add a bit of 'chili taste' to your meat? I find many of the packets just have too strong a taste.

Option 2: would adding ground chicken or something, and using it like a "hamburger helper" kind of dish help at all?
  • I beef up my chili packets with chopped up veggies. Then serve over rutabaga fries!! Hork and pork!!!
  • Hork and Pork??? OMG -- that's just making me laugh! That should NOT be the official title in your recipe book. Kinda reminds me of some of those British titles like "bangers and mash" (sausage and potatoes)

Why am I hearing a t.v commercial "(singing to jazzy tune) "Put Hork and Pork on your Fork" (yeah!) (jazz hands)
  • Any good places in Edmonton to find WF products?
  • Quote: Any good places in Edmonton to find WF products?
    Is the Metro supermarket chain in Edmonton? I'm in Ontario, and they have a good variety of their salad dressings in my local Metro, generally as well as a the pancake syrup, and sometimes the apple and blueberry jams.
  • Hello from Alberta. I too find that there is more American based information out there then Canadian. I am glad that I found this thread.
  • Quote: Any good places in Edmonton to find WF products?
    I love Sweet Tweets in the southeast 4345 50St

Pat