IP Daily Chat Monday 5/7/12

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: This diet does funny things to you, changes your views on what kinds of foods you crave and enjoy.

DH and I are down 107 lbs. We started days before 1.1.12. So far so good. Some lumps and bumps but mostly a successful ride.

Feel a smidge of a cold trying to get in. Bummed about that as I have not been sick this whole journey. Got a mini-vacay (isn't that when you always get sick?) planned to start P4 and then it's...ooooh, the next adventure.

Crazy me was more scared about P3 than maintenance... Who knows? (I sometimes put the cart before the horse)

Have a wonderful day and week with lots of successes and great thoughts.

Temptations and challenges will always be there. Just remember you are in the drivers seat and you have control of the steering wheel. Do you want to have control over food or do you want food to control you? I have seen a lot of cheating threads recently. Things happen. Everyone is human. (And spring is oh so tempting) But, some can get back in the drivers seat and continue their route, some detour repeatedly. It pains me to see how hard people are on themselves when they detour. So, stay strong. It's not always easy but it certainly worth the destination.

Thank you for this post. I have been one that posted some cheats, but through major encouragement posts such as yours it has put me back on track. I am super competitive and very hard on myself whenI lose. I was taking my husbands major success (54# in 9 weeks) as a lose to me, and I know that's not okay, but the mind can play evil tricks on you sometimes. It's posts like this that keep me going.

Thanks Purple!
  • I am officially 100% committed. I have 8 weeks until my family reunion. I have been messing around for the last year now. I could already be at goal, but I am not beating myself up. By the reunion, I could at least be at the upper end of the healthy weight for my height. But also have to remember that I want to be healthy for me and not to compete with my super skinny cousins.
  • Quote: CassiR - thanks for all your maintenance updates - that's super awesome making goal and for giving us insight into your maintenance days. I keep up and pay attention to you, Sewmam, and the other maintainers as y'all show us how it's done and how to keep it done!
    Thank you for your support and encouragement. Sometimes I feel like i'm rambling but i'm always curious to see if anyone else is going through the same situation. IP is a journey for sure.
  • Quote: I am officially 100% committed. I have 8 weeks until my family reunion. I have been messing around for the last year now. I could already be at goal, but I am not beating myself up. By the reunion, I could at least be at the upper end of the healthy weight for my height. But also have to remember that I want to be healthy for me and not to compete with my super skinny cousins.
    Woo Hoo!! You can do this!! Come here often for encouragement to stay on track!
    Quote: Just got back from my WI #5, down -2.6 pounds and 2 1/2 inches which I was surprised with because I'm sure feeling bloated these last couple of days, doing the Novi cleanse.
    Congrats!! Job well done!
    Quote: Good Morning Everyone;
    Had my weigh in the weekend and down 3 more lbs. When she measured me I came down another 8 inches in 2 weeks, for a total of 50 inches. Yeah me!!!
    8 inches and 3lbs!!! WOWZA! Good job!!
    Quote: Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...I lost 30 pounds on slim fast last year and started april 9 0n ideal protein and have lost 19 pounds so far..I have owned my own daycare for 20 years.. I love this site and love to read the ups and downs of everyone and is really helping me feel like im not alone on the journey.
    You can do this. You are making a change for your life and you will feel so much better even after 2 weeks on this program. Continue to stop by here for encouragement!
  • Good Monday morning. Feeling awesome here today. Yesterday we were on a motorcycle trip,I made a smoothie out of my peach,mango drink with kale,dill,ginger,gelatin and phyllium powder. Then 1 boiled egg and 1 pickle,just in case I needed more. I did great except for water intake. Came home and made Shephard's pie using turnip as my potato. I felt really good about my day. I am going to love this new clinic and I see the end in site so here I come goal!
  • Quote: Thank you for this post. I have been one that posted some cheats, but through major encouragement posts such as yours it has put me back on track. I am super competitive and very hard on myself whenI lose. I was taking my husbands major success (54# in 9 weeks) as a lose to me, and I know that's not okay, but the mind can play evil tricks on you sometimes. It's posts like this that keep me going.

Thanks Purple!
    You got this!

BTW, I am sure you know men lose twice as fast as we do.

If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.

I would come on here and see big whopping loss after big whopping loss but my losses were always small. I convinced myself that was fine and from then on my story was slow and steady. Every 3-4 days on this diet I lost a pound and I was fine with that. It was consistent and steady. A couple times it took 5 or 6 days to see a change on the scale but that just became a part of my story. I went allover this site looking at all the stats for people in a similar height and weight loss range and came up with my own story. It helped me to create a picture, and give me a sense for how long I might be on this diet (and how much to budget). I prepared for a lot of things others went through but those things never happened to me. In the same vein I had a lot of issues others never experienced.

You got this. Just remember that. Firmly placed in the drivers seat with foot on gas pedal. GO!
  • Hello everyone and great success to all on this Monday!!
    Today is WI # 3 please wish me well!!
  • Quote: Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...I lost 30 pounds on slim fast last year and started april 9 0n ideal protein and have lost 19 pounds so far..I have owned my own daycare for 20 years.. I love this site and love to read the ups and downs of everyone and is really helping me feel like im not alone on the journey.
    Thanks for sharing about yourself! You are doing great!!
  • Quote: You got this!

If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.

I would come on here and see big whopping loss after big whopping loss but my losses were always small. I convinced myself that was fine and from then on my story was slow and steady. Every 3-4 days on this diet I lost a pound and I was fine with that. It was consistent and steady. A couple times it took 5 or 6 days to see a change on the scale but that just became a part of my story. I went allover this site looking at all the stats for people in a similar height and weight loss range and came up with my own story. It helped me to create a picture, and give me a sense for how long I might be on this diet (and how much to budget). I prepared for a lot of things others went through but those things never happened to me. In the same vein I had a lot of issues others never experienced.

You got this. Just remember that. Firmly placed in the drivers seat with foot on gas pedal. GO!
    Thanks for this reminder Purple that we each have our own story on this journey. My weight has really slowed down in the past several weeks which is frustrating me as I would still like to loose about another 40 to 50 pounds I think. I read about all of these great weight losses each week on here, but then I have to remind myself that I did that too earlier on in the diet, I'm also 55 and on the other side of menopause too. And mainly that I've still lost over 85 pounds in almost 7 months. If the scale is now going to creep along, well then so be it since every pound just brings me closer to my goal. I guess this is my hare and tortoise story.
  • Quote: Good Morning All.

Another good week, here we come.

NSV had a birthday/cookout at my home on Saturday, was surrounded by tons of desserts and carbs (but of course) I managed to stay OP. I had cucumbers/vinegar, hamburger on lettuce and protein puffs. For dessert I tried the mug cake disaster haha not sure what Im doing wrong but plan to try again. But other than that I was so surprised at myself. And there are still tons of desserts left but I havent even touched them. Enjoy your day~
    Great job! Good for you and happy birthday!!!

Purplesky,

Good advice. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. We have a saying in my line of work. Slow is Smooth and Smooth is Fast. Basically meaning if you do things the right way (mechanically) the speed with come on its own. When we try to rush it it usually messes things up and slows them way down. It is what we tell new recruits when they are learning to draw their duty guns. There are lots of snaps, straps and levers on holsters these days and it's common to see a "boot" wrestling to draw. When the steps are done correctly it's very smooth and fast, and a lot safer for everyone!

• Quote: Great job! Good for you and happy birthday!!!
    Thank you Darralyn and keep up the good work. Actually it was my boyfriends birthday but I had to do the cooking so the temptation was there.
  • Going to Dr now to find out what is going on with my TOM and why is has lasted 27 days so far................Ultrasound I had was normal and did not explain why I am having such prolonged cycles.

Posted my new picture. My face looks so skinny

Thx purple. Your post *spoke* to me. In the past 3 weeks my losses have been slower than what I generally see reported here, and it was starting to discourage me. Then I read your post. I've decided now not to worry too much about it. I may experiment with different unrestricted/restricted foods, etc., and tweak a few things here and there, make sure I'm 100% with my alternatives, oil, water, meat, veggies, etc. etc... but in the long run as long as the weight is coming off bit by bit and I eventually get to goal that's the important thing for me. If I start stressing over it not coming off fast enough I just create another problem for weight loss - ie. stress. So if my weight loss story over the coming months is 'slow and steady' then OK. I needed that reminder.
  • Quote: Dry roasting the Miracle Noodles?? Please tell me more! I will eat the noodles when I am having a hard carving for pasta, but I don't care for them unless they are made stir fry method. Any other suggestions would be great.
    They have the how-to on their website & facebook page. I'll try it tonight and see how it goes.

Quote: Just stay OP and reading the threads/updates you should be well aware of how crazy leapfroggy the weightloss is. I think I've just gotten a little lucky catching my whoosh before WI so far. As for the Miracle Noodles, I actually LOVE them - but I use them in Asian style dishes (usually with WF Sesame Ginger & Soy), as they are more of the rice noodle texture commonly used in Pho and Japanese style soups (which I LOVE). Maybe cauliflower fried rice would be a better 'match' for the next Cajun Shrimp (which sounds pretty yummy - need to get some shrimp on my next shopping trip).
    Thank you so much for the motivation! I'll give your suggestions a try!!